03-27-10 11:49 AM
226 ... 34567 ...
tools
    Make this work for Rogers on the 8900 and I'll be your best friend.
    11-05-09 12:46 PM
    I just downloaded v1.3 from the Crackberry Apps application on my VZW Tour. When I run the app I get "Uncaught exception:java.lang.Error" with an OK button.

Any ideas?
    Edit: Oh yeah I am running OS 4.7.1.40
    11-05-09 12:58 PM
    Will this work on the Storm2? If so, I'll help.
    11-05-09 01:41 PM
    Will this work on the Storm2? If so, I'll help.
    I have had no problems running this on my Storm 1 or 2.

As far as I know after installation you still need to create the following folders by:
    Applications -> Media -> Explore -> Media Card -> Select New Folder:
    name the folder "blips"

Applications -> Media -> Explore -> Media Card -> blips -> Select New Folder:
    name the folder "processed"
    11-05-09 02:21 PM
    I will be cruising around the New England area. I will start taking different paths to work for this, it will be exciting.

With the username addition, perhaps you could add a stats page? I would love to see stats on how many blips I submitted, first blips online a road, etc.
    11-05-09 03:50 PM
    Will there be support for the Bold 9000?
    11-05-09 03:53 PM
    I guarantee I'll get most of Tampa, FL for you...lol. I cover 7 counties around here. Plus, I'm going to Universal Studios tomorrow, so I'll get some info on my trip up too.
    11-05-09 04:00 PM
    This is a GREAT application. I was wondering when something like this would be developed. I'm HAPPY to help gathering data, and will be uploading SW CT data later tonight
    11-05-09 04:14 PM
    Duuude! That's an awesome idea... You could have a top 10 blips submitter page, etc...

I will be cruising around the New England area. I will start taking different paths to work for this, it will be exciting.

With the username addition, perhaps you could add a stats page? I would love to see stats on how many blips I submitted, first blips online a road, etc.
    11-05-09 04:17 PM
    Ok, installed and running!

I'll get you a good stretch of Long Island. I wish I had this last week, I drove basically the entire Island (which is a miserable drive).

I'll start sending this around twitter @pvliii.

Keep it up!
    11-05-09 04:28 PM
    This is cool, downloaded. I tend to travel around eastern OH and and western PA, I'd be happy to add few blips.
    11-05-09 04:29 PM
    On the bandwagon, great idea!
    11-05-09 05:03 PM
    I have had no problems running this on my Storm 1 or 2.

As far as I know after installation you still need to create the following folders by:
    Applications -> Media -> Explore -> Media Card -> Select New Folder:
    name the folder "blips"

Applications -> Media -> Explore -> Media Card -> blips -> Select New Folder:
    name the folder "processed"

According to the 1.3 release notes: "No longer need to manually create any new directories on a fresh install"
    11-05-09 05:13 PM
    Downloaded and will start sending data from Cape Breton, Nova Scotia.
    11-05-09 05:43 PM
    WOW WE FINALLY MADE FRONT PAGE!! Lets Fill that MAP!!

on a side not, kind of dissapointed since i was the only one mapping MA/NH, kind of acted like a gps logger LOL
    11-05-09 06:02 PM
    Will there be support for the Bold 9000?
    In general if your phone has BB and google maps is able to use the internal GPS, then this app will work for it. Does Bold 9000 work with google maps or any third party GPS. If so give it a shot and let me know so I can update the supported devices.
    11-05-09 07:07 PM

Yes with the username addition we are planning on adding a stats page. Right now we are quietly incorporating a backend database so we can keep track of different things and have the ability to do sql queries.
    11-05-09 07:36 PM
    i'll start now that I have a new job and will be traveling. How long before upload before it is on the map?
    11-05-09 07:50 PM
    In general if your phone has BB and google maps is able to use the internal GPS, then this app will work for it. Does Bold 9000 work with google maps or any third party GPS. If so give it a shot and let me know so I can update the supported devices.
    My Bold has Google Maps 3.2 installed. I don't know if it uses GPS or cell tower triangulation.
    11-05-09 08:22 PM
    Count me in. Las Vegas, Cali, NY, georgia and Puerto Rico...lets see how this does.
    11-05-09 08:29 PM
    According to the 1.3 release notes: "No longer need to manually create any new directories on a fresh install"
    Thanks, I wasn't sure and I just finally updated to 1.3 and saw that this evening.
    11-05-09 08:35 PM
    What a good idea! I hope enough people participate to make this work well.
    What are the time based intervals?
    If it automatically uploaded the information, it would be more useful. Lots of people won't remember to upload it. Or maybe a reminder that automatically alerts the user?
    Last edited by bigcalidave; 11-05-09 at 10:06 PM.
    11-05-09 09:53 PM
    If you get your files uploaded by 9PM Eastern time, usually they are there on the iblipped map the next morning.

i'll start now that I have a new job and will be traveling. How long before upload before it is on the map?
    11-05-09 10:02 PM
    Looks like we have some blips from every state except Alaska, Idaho, Nevada, and Arkansas... Great Job People...

If your running across town, across county, or cross country... Make sure you collect and send that data!

So far, the neatest looking area, Wichita Kansas Area, Northeast Ohio, and the winner (in my opinion) is the Long Beach California area.
    11-05-09 10:08 PM
    This isn't extending into Canada is it? if it is, I'd love to help out some for the Canadian carriers... especially for the dual-networks my carrier is now running.
    11-05-09 10:13 PM
226 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD