03-27-10 11:49 AM
226 ... 23456 ...
tools
    We moved the jad's to the main iblipped.com site.

Here's the installation instructions with the link to the jad. Take a look at it because you'll need to create a blips/processed directory, if you haven't already done so. It will also have instructions on the autouploading feature.

Blackberry Installation Page iblipped.com - blip

Or, OTA
    Index of /BB/1.2

just click on the jad file.
    10-11-09 11:30 AM
    Hella drive you took to denver!

Great Job!
    10-12-09 08:18 AM
    Awesome idea and I really hope more people pick this up and start playing with it.

I just installed over the weekend and played with it a little bit up here in North Dakota. It looks like the map has already been updated.

I am planning on doing some trips in the near future to Minnesota and will make sure it is running while on the road.

Again great job and hope this continues to grow.
    10-12-09 11:10 AM
    Too bad this couldn't make the front page we would instantly get thousands of mappers!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-12-09 11:57 AM
    I agree, will hopefully more people will get interested and it will continue to grow.

I am thinking about stealing part of CrackBurglar's signature regarding Blips(If that is ok with him, but if I have permission is it stealing?) Hopefully over time more people will see it and check it out and get on board.

CrackBurglar - That Ok with you?
    10-12-09 12:09 PM
    You can steal mine search for a non mobile post of mine

10-12-09 12:27 PM
    I live in the denver area..I know you have some parts of denver marked out, but I travel around the area more than you have marked out, so I can add more
    10-12-09 12:32 PM
    You can steal mine search for a non mobile post of mine
    Done and thank you. Hopefully it will help get the word out.
    10-12-09 12:36 PM
    No problem. I think i stole mine from burglar, but i know i asked someone to copy and they said no problem. Agreed, Spread the Word!

Also, I still cant see my blips once i zoom into a certain level and they were added last night around 11pm. Any Ideas as to whats going on with that?

Cant wait till next year when we go to lake winnepesaukee for vacation. 71 square mile lake, will be fun to map. Also will be fun to see our boating lanes throughout the lake!
    Last edited by krazykid6911; 10-12-09 at 04:01 PM.
    10-12-09 03:59 PM
    I uploaded a little trip i took around NW denver for my lunch break, but I still havent seen it up on iblipped yet, did you get those files?
    10-12-09 06:02 PM
    Pops, they usually happen over night.

If you had hit the blackberry button, then upload files, you can check in your BB messages area. it will have a file with a red exclamation beside it and an email to [email protected]

So if you see the file in your messages, you are pretty much good to go.
    10-12-09 07:05 PM
    Also, I still cant see my blips once i zoom into a certain level and they were added last night around 11pm. Any Ideas as to whats going on with that?
    I don't mind that. You don't need to know down to the street address where I stopped and started at!

I dropped a few blips today, hit a few major streets in town. I wish I could make the milage some of you do!
    Last edited by brentoli; 10-13-09 at 12:25 AM.
    10-13-09 12:21 AM
    At the lowest level there is no blip overlays being generated because the further you zoom the more images that need to be created and stored. The number of images that is stored is 2^N where n is zoom level. I think we are going to zoom level 11 and it can go up to 18.

I think when we get the database implemented you will be able to go in all the way down.
    10-13-09 11:24 AM
    It has been quite around here lately

Looks like there are some more spots being added all of the time. I am trying to get a few more people I know using both BB and Windows Mobile the program to help get some more area covered.
    10-15-09 02:06 PM
    I hav taken different trips home to add more to my area. I wish I knew more ppl that have BB to add it. I think I'm goin up to the mtns this weekend. Pretty excited to get the results.

10-15-09 02:10 PM
    Just wanted to let you guys know that I've incorporated many suggested from you. Version 1.3 is now out.

Here are the notes I posted on iblipped.com:
    Installation Notes:
    • Uninstall old 1.2 version of SW.

This releases feature request:
    • Delete all files that haven't been emailed through menu->delete files.

• Set various options through menu->options. These options are saved across restarting of of the application. Additionally, the time based interval is now configurable.

• No longer need to manually create any new directories on a fresh install

• Display now contains a state information

• Ability to halt/resume gathering through menu->options

• Display now dislays cell info while waiting for satellite lock

Here is the ota link from your BB browser:
    http://iblipped.com/BB/1.3/

click on the .jad file.
    10-21-09 08:59 PM
    Love the Update. Thanks for Listening to us!
    10-22-09 05:52 PM
    Hey I found a bug in the storing of username in the log files. BTW: the username is an arbitrary username that you can specify. Eventually, during data file processing, this username will be published on iblipped along with the filename and number of blips. This will inform you when your data has been processed.
    10-22-09 10:11 PM
    Ok, I couldn't resist after I found out the new google maps for blackberry supports layers.

Check out my post on the forum for how to look at blips from within google maps on your blackberry.

iblipped.com • View topic - Google Maps 3.2 Layers with iBlipped

It's more of a proof of concept more than anything else.

I think there may be a way with google maps widgets to create a widget and then everyone would subscribe to this widget to see the data realtime without having everyone to always upload a new kml file.
    10-23-09 12:30 AM
    Amazing! What an awesome bunch of changes!
    10-23-09 12:44 AM
    Are you wanting any mapping of Telus in BC and AB?
    10-25-09 12:49 PM
    I am collecting for you up in Canada. BC and Alberta. I should be headed to Alberta for work in the next month. Could you please add Telus to your map, so that it is not grouped under the Other tab for your map. Thanks.
    10-25-09 02:11 PM
    ok, I will separate out Telus. I'll look for Telus data so I can update the Tiler creator to look for Telus. If you can email [email protected], I'll look for your data.
    10-28-09 01:35 AM
    Thanks. My planned trip to Alberta is on hold while they wait for an opening for drivers.
    10-28-09 02:44 AM
    Awesome, this finally made it to the front page!
    11-05-09 12:46 PM
226 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD