Can you PM me your email and ill look at the data. FYI. When verizon phones go onto extended network it goes into other. I am not sure if I should include extended network in the vz map. What do yall think?
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

I shouldn't be in an extended network it is all local in the 44646 zip code.
    11-12-09 04:46 PM
    Are there limits on what the user name should be? Also, I'm seeing a FEW (like 3-4) blips in my area, but I've had the program running since day 1 and uploaded a lot of files. I've also checked the files uploaded and most contained plenty of data. PM me for my location or user name info. I'd like to help.

Also, Sometimes I open the program up and it is stalled on a screen saying " could not write to output file" or something like that, and I have to restart the program to get it recording again. Any ideas?
    No replies yet?? Still wondering about this info
    11-13-09 01:44 AM
    I PM'd you.
    11-13-09 02:04 AM
    Hey everyone. I took a stab at version 1.4. I posted info on the forum's at iblipped.com.

I put some battery optimizations, and fixed the save options issue. This 1.4 version is still a little rough and untested but let me know what you think.
    11-13-09 02:05 AM
    Dave,
    I quick look at your data. I see 4 emails from you on the 6th of November from a hotmail account, but only one of the 4 had data in it. The one that did have data looked like it might have been in time recording mode because it was full of data at the same spot.

Did you have any other emails that you sent other than these. If so PM me back with the email.
    11-13-09 02:14 AM
    on 8900 1.3 ran, hit or miss I'd notice blank files
    1.4 error:
    Uncaught exception
    net.rim.device.api.system.UnsupportedOperationExce ption
    11-14-09 10:35 AM
    on 8900 1.3 ran, hit or miss I'd notice blank files
    1.4 error:
    Uncaught exception
    net.rim.device.api.system.UnsupportedOperationExce ption
    There should be a log file in the Blips/debug directory for 1.4 Can you send it over to [email protected]
    11-14-09 10:40 AM
    I have run the program fine on my Storm 1. After upgrading to the Storm 2, I can not upload the Blip text files. I always get the ! Exception message and I have to hit OK once for every Blip text file before the message goes away. I still have the Storm 1 and have compared the file structure with that on the Storm 2 and they are identical. I just loaded 1.4 and it does the same thing. Any suggestions?
    11-14-09 03:29 PM
    I have run the program fine on my Storm 1. After upgrading to the Storm 2, I can not upload the Blip text files. I always get the ! Exception message and I have to hit OK once for every Blip text file before the message goes away. I still have the Storm 1 and have compared the file structure with that on the Storm 2 and they are identical. I just loaded 1.4 and it does the same thing. Any suggestions?

I posted a new version of 1.4 at hte same location. Can you reload this one and after you try an upload go the Blips/debug directory, email the output log over to [email protected] and I can see where it's failing.
    11-14-09 06:47 PM
    There should be a log file in the Blips/debug directory for 1.4 Can you send it over to [email protected]
    Sent.

Thanks.
    11-16-09 08:51 PM
    By the looks of things I am the only one here still on Alltel in the Massillon area sending data. And that looks bad !
    11-26-09 07:50 AM
    How can i do dat
    11-26-09 03:00 PM
    I put the newest version (1.4) on tonight and I am getting exception errors. I also cannot exit blips. It stays running until I reboot my Blackberry.

I am using the Tour on Verizon - OS 4.7
    12-02-09 06:42 PM
    Saw this app a while ago and thought it might be useful to have some signal strength data for my network and area.
    12-15-09 05:04 PM
    It's been almost 2 weeks since the data points were last updated.
    Any word on when it will resume?
    Last edited by catseyenu; 12-28-09 at 03:38 AM. Reason: fat fingers
    12-26-09 06:06 PM
    It's been almost 2 weeks since the date points were last updated.
    Any word on when it will resume?

I have been wondering the same.

12-26-09 06:54 PM
    Last refresh on site as the 14th. I sent an email to the site, but have not gotten a reply.

does tthis mean that Iblipped.com is over?

did he get a cease and desist?

Hope everything is ok as that was a great idea
    12-27-09 10:32 PM
    I received a reply from emailing the author.
    Sorry, I haven't been updating the mainpage for the updates but the
    updates are still occurring.
    So all is well in that regard.
    Thanks again for making this available!
    12-28-09 02:09 PM
    Tis the Holiday season my friends. I'm sure he deserves his time away from his work as much as we do.
    12-28-09 03:45 PM
    ...for those who like Blips, check out Cellumap. It also maps your signal but in real-time:

Cellumap Cellular Coverage Maps

To download OTA point your BlackBerry browser to: cellumap.com/ota

Have fun!
    03-11-10 01:26 AM
    ...for those who like Blips, check out Cellumap. It also maps your signal but in real-time:
    That's what I love about this site, a new guy can come in and spam his project all over the forums.. Not. FDS!
    03-11-10 04:58 AM

Cellumap Cellular Coverage Maps

To download OTA point your BlackBerry browser to: cellumap.com/ota

Have fun!
    No Alltel !
    03-11-10 06:16 AM
    That's what I love about this site, a new guy can come in and spam his project all over the forums.. Not. FDS!
    Sorry, I don't get it. How else do I make people aware of it? The original post by Mr.Blips was not "spam" but my post is?
    No Alltel !
    ...because nobody plotted any points for Alltel yet! ...actually, is Alltel still existing? Didn't they get eaten by VZW?
    03-11-10 11:54 AM
    ...because nobody plotted any points for Alltel yet! ...actually, is Alltel still existing? Didn't they get eaten by VZW?

The Alltel NETWORK is still existing.
    I pay my bill to VZW but until I get a new contract in 14 months I am on Alltel.
    03-11-10 12:14 PM
    The Alltel NETWORK is still existing.
    I pay my bill to VZW but until I get a new contract in 14 months I am on Alltel.
    If you run my app (or Blipps or SignalLoc) what is shown for the name of the network? verizon or Alltel?
    03-11-10 12:41 PM
226 ... 78910
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD