8900 on TMo, just zipped up a few files and sent them over.

TIA
    11-10-09 10:12 AM
    When you update the options screen do you hit the "save" button?
    I just backed out of the options menu, causing the normal save dialogue to appear on screen. I selected save, but it does not commit. I can try to save via the BlackBerry button as well.
    11-10-09 12:41 PM
    I've been uploading a lot but in the South Florida area.
    How long before my data shows up?
    Uploading files under uberspeed
    TIA
    Normally 24 hours

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-10-09 01:37 PM
    I am unable to see blips on the 5 lowest zoom levels for Verizon. Is this an issue or just how it's supposed to be>
    11-10-09 05:22 PM
    I am unable to see blips on the 5 lowest zoom levels for Verizon. Is this an issue or just how it's supposed to be>
    I believe this should answer your question.

At the lowest level there is no blip overlays being generated because the further you zoom the more images that need to be created and stored. The number of images that is stored is 2^N where n is zoom level. I think we are going to zoom level 11 and it can go up to 18.

I think when we get the database implemented you will be able to go in all the way down.
    11-10-09 06:37 PM
    I believe this should answer your question.
    Gotcha. Thanks.
    11-10-09 06:49 PM
    Are there limits on what the user name should be? Also, I'm seeing a FEW (like 3-4) blips in my area, but I've had the program running since day 1 and uploaded a lot of files. I've also checked the files uploaded and most contained plenty of data. PM me for my location or user name info. I'd like to help.

Also, Sometimes I open the program up and it is stalled on a screen saying " could not write to output file" or something like that, and I have to restart the program to get it recording again. Any ideas?
    11-11-09 06:29 AM
    Are there limits on what the user name should be? Also, I'm seeing a FEW (like 3-4) blips in my area, but I've had the program running since day 1 and uploaded a lot of files. I've also checked the files uploaded and most contained plenty of data. PM me for my location or user name info. I'd like to help.

Now I know I am doing something wrong, how and where are you seeing other peoples user names ?
    11-11-09 09:13 AM
    Thanks for the app having a fun time collecting data all over the place here in Central Coast CA
    11-11-09 09:40 AM
    I have just completed screen shots and instructions for the general use.

Click over to : Screenshots � iblipped.com - blip

-CB
    11-11-09 01:02 PM

-CB
    Obie

I followed those earlier.
    I don't see any changes

George
    11-11-09 01:10 PM

-CB
    Very nice addition, thank you!
    11-11-09 01:34 PM

-CB

I have used the same route for about a week now twice a day from my house to PBTS and can't get it to show .
    11-11-09 01:39 PM
    I checked out this thread a week or so ago when it was just starting up and I am amazed at how far it has come since then! Keep up the good work everyone.

I have determined from the map that no one goes anywhere in Nevada other than Vegas... understandable I guess
    11-11-09 03:01 PM
    From your BlackBerry, (while NOT running BLIPS) Click Options, advanced options, GPS, and make sure GPS SERVICES is "Location ON", and Location aiding is "Enabled".

Let me know your settings on those 2.

I have used the same route for about a week now twice a day from my house to PBTS and can't get it to show .
    11-11-09 03:06 PM
    From your BlackBerry, (while NOT running BLIPS) Click Options, advanced options, GPS, and make sure GPS SERVICES is "Location ON", and Location aiding is "Enabled".

Let me know your settings on those 2.

Yes those are the settings.
    11-11-09 03:57 PM
    so... i find it strange that there is no direction page on the iblipped site. so basically my questions are:

-do i have to be running the app (like open, not running in the back ground)?
    -do i manually upload files or do they upload to the site automatically?
    -how long until i see the map on the site reflect my signals?
    11-11-09 04:05 PM
    Screenshots � iblipped.com - blip <---Directions

so... i find it strange that there is no direction page on the iblipped site. so basically my questions are:

-do i have to be running the app (like open, not running in the back ground)?
    -do i manually upload files or do they upload to the site automatically?
    -how long until i see the map on the site reflect my signals?
    11-11-09 05:00 PM
    Hmmm... Can you look on your media card and see if (in the blips directory) there are files, (and also in the processed directory)?

If you can open some files, and look to see if there is gps data, things should be working ok.

You have a Tour 9630, right? that SHOULD work, but we're seen cases where it doesn't for some reason or other.

Yes those are the settings.
    Last edited by CrackBurglar; 11-11-09 at 05:24 PM.
    11-11-09 05:08 PM
    Hmmm... Can you look on your media card and see if (in the blips directory) there are files, (and also in the processed directory)?

If you can open some files, and look to see if there is gps data, things should be working ok.

You have a Tour 9630, right? that SHOULD work, but we're seen cases where it doesn't for some reason or other.
    Jim

only thing I am seeing on my Media card are photos , ringtones , voice notes etc.
    11-11-09 07:27 PM
    AWESOME!

Ohio's very well represented!

I just drove from Columbia, MO to Columbus, OH and recored the whole trip. Just uploaded it. Can't wait to see it on the map!
    11-12-09 08:22 AM
    Thanks for this app.

I love the idea of getting a real picture of coverage.

Let us know if we can do anything else to help.
    11-12-09 08:48 AM
    It appears that my uploads are showing up as OTHER on the map.
    11-12-09 02:45 PM
    Can you PM me your email and ill look at the data. FYI. When verizon phones go onto extended network it goes into other. I am not sure if I should include extended network in the vz map. What do yall think?

11-12-09 02:57 PM
    I think the extended network should be included in the vz map.
    11-12-09 04:18 PM
226 ... 678910
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD