i PM'd you see if that works. BTW.

I really hope it works, because others including my wife has been having issues with the curve. I'd like to gather some info about your device as well. Again look for me in your PM inbox so you can give me your email and I can look at your data.
    11-07-09 08:59 AM
    Why do he Hawaii readings show only one spot. I drove along the island and the program appeared to be working but only a blip at my destination in Wailuku, Maui came up.
    The same for users on Hawaii, O'ahu and Kaua'i.
    Just curious.
    11-07-09 01:23 PM
    As purplepalace has said a few posts ago, their servers are being pounded with data... they are working around the clock to catch up, and also working on getting multiple computers processing the data...

Keep that data coming and it WILL get processed.
    11-07-09 06:44 PM
    What is the Map labeled "other" for? It looks like there's blips missing from my route and they appear on the "other" map even though I'm on Verizon.
    11-07-09 07:33 PM
    Thank goodness Florida people are doing it now. For a while I was the only one and thought I would have to do the whole state lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-07-09 07:45 PM
    Where is the Telus map? I sent in some readings, but I don't see them on the map. The blog says that a Telus map was added, but I don't see it...
    11-07-09 08:04 PM
    Hey man, I had a few thoughts:

This is an excellent idea, and I can see it really going places. It seems like you are collecting data that, like a lot of other internet data collections, has the potential to be extremely useful to lots of different people. That means, in my mind, there is at least the potential to make a fair bit of money off of this. If you do it well, say "more power to you!" You had a good idea and you're risking a ton of work and money so good luck! Anyway, my thoughts...

I think you should leave the maps open to the public, and have ads on the page to support things. after all, at the end of the day, the public is who is creating/collecting your data, so they should get some benefit out of this. And most people would be thrilled to have access just to that. I think most of us would.
    However, once you work the kinks out and really get off the ground, I think you could begin compiling data into formats useful for numerous groups. You could very much become an industry expert if you do things well. These reports/consulting or whatever you should sell. My thoughts, anyway. One thing at a time, I suppose...

Oh, and I haven't got your site maps to load yet (they don't work so well on the bb browser) but I wondered why you didn't just make the maps a layer in Google Maps? That would be extremely flexible and I would think make your life simpler in some ways. If you already did that, please forgive me speaking before I really know what I'm talking about!
    I was also going to suggest that it stops pinging gps satellites if you're not moving but you thought of that. If it can figure out how FAST you're moving and switch between the two modes to collect the most useful data, that would be awesome as well, as would automatically sending the data to you. If I installed this app I trust you to not steal stuff I don't want you to know.
    Maybe you could determine speed by triangulating gps over time...?

Sorry if these suggestions had already occurred to you, but I thought it better to say dumb things than allow a (potentially) good idea to slip away.

All the best,

-Stephen

11-08-09 12:01 AM
    Interesting concept and I look forward to helping you to map this information. I have 2 questions.

1. Lets say I take the same trip to and from a certain place on a daily basis and sometimes the signal in the area I'm driving through is 1X, sometimes it 1xev, and sometimes 1XEV. What ends-up being recorded on the map?

2. When the phone is in one place for 6 hours or so, will the software record when the signal changes state from 1X to 1XEV?

It would be a great way to demonstrate to the carriers that while there is data most of the time, there are times when the signal is simply non existent. I'm not talking about rural areas either. 8:AM, Noon, and 5:PM in some areas I travel, I will hear my voicemail alert go off but the phone never rang. We have all experienced this and I get a little aggrivated when it happens. Particularly, when I don't know if it is my BlackBerry or my carrier (Verizon).

Thanks for the app. I will do my best to remember to use it daily.
    11-08-09 02:48 PM
    Im a truck driver and will light up your map. 2500-3200 miles weekly and never to the same place. Glad to help
    11-08-09 03:30 PM
    Im a truck driver and will light up your map. 2500-3200 miles weekly and never to the same place. Glad to help
    Awesome! Can't wait to see this!!
    11-08-09 09:51 PM
    Thank goodness Florida people are doing it now. For a while I was the only one and thought I would have to do the whole state lol

I've been uploading a lot but in the South Florida area.
    How long before my data shows up?
    Uploading files under uberspeed
    TIA
    11-08-09 10:00 PM
    I finally got this working well on my blackberry Storm on Telus, you guys should get at least a little bit more Ontario data and probably some Ottawa/Quebec data over this summer. This is a great idea, I really wish it was more extensive than just the two blackberry devices and two WinMo devices, it'd be great to have a way to really compare coverage between carriers and you guys have the best way to possibly do so.
    11-09-09 12:32 AM
    I noticed on the Tour with 5.0 that the options do not seem to change. I attempted adding my username and I tried to change it to time when I was walking around, neither of the changes committed after selecting "save".

How do you add a user name ?
    11-09-09 06:25 AM
    Robbie-

If you have been clicking the Blackberry button, then upload files, and wait a few seconds, you can look in your messages folder and see emails sent to oneblip.
    All my emails have a "Red Explanation Mark" on the is this common ?
    11-09-09 06:29 AM
    Miz- from the main screen, you'd hit the Blackberry Button, Options, then edit the field that says User1.

All emails with the explanation mark means that it's being sent as urgent.
    11-09-09 06:38 AM
    I will be hitting up the 495 North to 95 North stretch today in MA. I love being the one to take new roads, then seeing the blips on the map. It is so satisfying :-)

Any news on why I can't change the settings? It isn't a big deal. I would just like to add more blips as I am driving on side roads. Battery life is of no concern to me, since I keep it plugged in when I am using iBlipped.
    11-09-09 06:52 AM
    Miz- from the main screen, you'd hit the Blackberry Button, Options, then edit the field that says User1.

All emails with the explanation mark means that it's being sent as urgent.

Thanks Jim

I have been trying to use this since it has posted on the front page and I have yet to see any action from mine uploads.
    11-09-09 09:03 AM
    I just drove from Columbia, MO to Columbus, OH and recored the whole trip. Just uploaded it. Can't wait to see it on the map!
    11-09-09 09:23 AM
    Hey, have you been able to get my blipps from Central Arkansas? I dont know if i am doing it correctly, cause i haven't seen the route i take from/to work on there.

If you can, send me an email at [email protected] or an PM...i'm going to take a trip from Conway, AR to Dallas in about a week and i would like to help out and record that entire trip.

Thanks
    11-09-09 01:42 PM
    Hey, have you been able to get my blipps from Central Arkansas? I dont know if i am doing it correctly, cause i haven't seen the route i take from/to work on there.

If you can, send me an email at [email protected] or an PM...i'm going to take a trip from Conway, AR to Dallas in about a week and i would like to help out and record that entire trip.

Thanks
    I saw your emails with valid data. They look like they are in the queue for tonite's.
    11-09-09 09:34 PM
    I will be hitting up the 495 North to 95 North stretch today in MA. I love being the one to take new roads, then seeing the blips on the map. It is so satisfying :-)

Any news on why I can't change the settings? It isn't a big deal. I would just like to add more blips as I am driving on side roads. Battery life is of no concern to me, since I keep it plugged in when I am using iBlipped.

When you update the options screen do you hit the "save" button?
    11-09-09 09:35 PM
    I saw that the 9000 was listed as supported so I installed it. The problem is when it launched i got an "Exception opening the log file" error. Is there something else I need to do?
    11-10-09 12:56 AM
    Whoot, I see my one trip has been posted. Now to add some more. Nice idea by the way.
    11-10-09 01:28 AM

Thanks

I am in the same boat.

I have yet to see my results.
    11-10-09 06:51 AM
    I saw your emails with valid data. They look like they are in the queue for tonite's.
    Sweet, I'm going to check later to see if they have been posted. I took another route to work today, and uploaded it this morning. was interested to see how the signal is taking that route.
    11-10-09 09:57 AM
226 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD