Had removed it because 1.2 was giving me fits with the auto upload. Got 1.3 installed, so I'll continue filling in Mississippi for ya!
    11-05-09 09:24 PM
    Here is the animated map of VZW collection process... Check it out periodically to see how the collection process is progressing.

Last edited by CrackBurglar; 11-07-09 at 06:49 PM.
    11-05-09 09:31 PM
    Im in! It will mostly be SE Alberta, but I work the Oilfield so it will be alot of Highway and Off-highway info. Btw Great idea for an app!
    11-05-09 11:14 PM
    arkansas here.wont let me do anything after download,says maps not on error.
    11-05-09 11:38 PM
    This isn't extending into Canada is it? if it is, I'd love to help out some for the Canadian carriers... especially for the dual-networks my carrier is now running.
    Yep Telus is supported. There is a Telus link at the top to see that map.
    11-06-09 03:05 AM
    Wish I had known about this last week. I could have gotten Portland, ME and points due north. I'll be getting some for the northern half of atlanta as I live/work/play here. Also, headed to TX Sunday for a week. I'll do my very best to remember to keep it on.

I had a question regarding logging, if I were to start the program running and logging data, what processing goes on if I were to be sitting at my desk an not moving the phone? Do points with same location ifo get combined or just duplicated? I'd hate to have 8 hours worth of points for the same spot.
    11-06-09 06:38 AM
    Hmmm, I noticed an interesting issue.
    My blips from yesterday in Orlando are showing on the map on a carrier "Other".
    I am on T-Mobile, and the sent file in my messages folder definitely has T-Mobile in it.
    What's up with this?
    Also, there is only one blip on the map for T-Mobile anyway.
    11-06-09 07:33 AM
    Hmmm, I noticed an interesting issue.
    My blips from yesterday in Orlando are showing on the map on a carrier "Other".
    I am on T-Mobile, and the sent file in my messages folder definitely has T-Mobile in it.
    What's up with this?
    Also, there is only one blip on the map for T-Mobile anyway.
    I found a bug in the tmobile processing script. Can you PM me your email so I can re-run your emails and test it works.

Thanks.
    11-06-09 08:07 AM
    Wish I had known about this last week. I could have gotten Portland, ME and points due north. I'll be getting some for the northern half of atlanta as I live/work/play here. Also, headed to TX Sunday for a week. I'll do my very best to remember to keep it on.

I had a question regarding logging, if I were to start the program running and logging data, what processing goes on if I were to be sitting at my desk an not moving the phone? Do points with same location ifo get combined or just duplicated? I'd hate to have 8 hours worth of points for the same spot.
    There are two modes time mode and distance mode recording. By default it's set to distance mode recording. It attempts to record every 365 meters when in distance mode. So if your speed is zero then it will not be recording.

Regarding the battery life tho, it is still getting gps callbacks so it could drain yourbattery if it does see satellites. I'm planning on reducing the gps callbacks based on your speed in future releases to hopefully reduce battery consumption while at the office.
    11-06-09 08:09 AM
    no problem with battery as I use the USB cord and have the 1600mAh battery. I'll remember to either keep it off or set to distance.
    11-06-09 08:13 AM
    i travel lot in rural southern ontario, so i should be able to help out with the poor area coverage, LOL. btw awesome app. they should have had something this a long time ago
    11-06-09 08:17 AM
    I noticed on the Tour with 5.0 that the options do not seem to change. I attempted adding my username and I tried to change it to time when I was walking around, neither of the changes committed after selecting "save".
    11-06-09 09:22 AM
    In general if your phone has BB and google maps is able to use the internal GPS, then this app will work for it. Does Bold 9000 work with google maps or any third party GPS. If so give it a shot and let me know so I can update the supported devices.
    Just tested on a Bold 9000 (which does have built-in GPS). I launched the application and let it search for satellites for a full minute with no success. However, when I primed the GPS by running Google Maps and letting that app get a GPS fix first, it seemed to run fine and captured the following:

V2:user1:4.0.0.247:Research In Motion:9000:: : : : : :
    38.899855:-77.052712:-70.0: :5:AT&T:2.08:11-6-2009-10-23-15:9937:2443:21357:7981:255: : : : : : : : : : : : : : :

FYI, this device is running OS 4.6 (download page says OS 4.7 is a minimum requirement).
    11-06-09 09:41 AM
    Have you considered capturing network mode (e.g., HSPA, EDGE, GPRS, GSM) so that you could create 3G/non-3G maps for the various networks?
    11-06-09 10:00 AM
    This worked well yesterday. I uploaded my stats after work yesterday and today it was on the map (from Atlanta, GA to the southside). It was very interesting to see. I even had 2 dead spots I was not aware of. My only issues are the lack of instructions for the program and the fact that it KILLED my battery.
    11-06-09 10:37 AM
    Congratulations for this project, watch the map get covered so as to not see any land beneath the signals. Folks that is where we live.
    i live on Maui and drove between Haiku and Wailuku this morning. Only 17 miles but the signal strength fluctuates wildly. (or is it widely?)
    It should show up tomorrow AM.
    11-06-09 12:25 PM
    This thread should be moved to the general 3rd party applications. Or possibly GPS and mapping? I keep having to search for it because I forget where it is...
    11-06-09 02:19 PM
    Subscribe to the thread and you can find it EVERY TIME from your usercp.

This thread should be moved to the general 3rd party applications. Or possibly GPS and mapping? I keep having to search for it because I forget where it is...
    11-06-09 04:38 PM
    Travel Iowa a good deal will be using this most defiantly. Uploaded some southern Iowa already. I"m also running a Tour with 5.0 and options wont save.
    11-06-09 04:55 PM
    I've got South East Idaho Started. There is always contention between AT&T and Verizon out here. This is great.
    11-06-09 05:57 PM
    I'm not 100% sure mine is working properly. I am almost under the impression that Verizon's inability to allow information from it's internal gps to be sent out with 3rd party apps.. Please let me know if this is not the case. I have checked and the folder with the two other items has been created and information is appearing in them.
    11-07-09 05:51 AM
    Robbie-

If you have been clicking the Blackberry button, then upload files, and wait a few seconds, you can look in your messages folder and see emails sent to oneblip.
    11-07-09 07:53 AM
    Robbie-

If you have been clicking the Blackberry button, then upload files, and wait a few seconds, you can look in your messages folder and see emails sent to oneblip.
    Yeah, I've been doing that, I just wasn't sure any info was getting posted, don't see nothing on the map. It is showing the emails are being sent, I was just not sure if they were empty packets going.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-07-09 08:11 AM
    yeah this is an issue for us. We are getting so much data (good!!) that it's coming in faster than our computers can process them. We are trying to make it so that multiple computers can process the files. I belieive it has uploaded about half of the files from yesterday. if it's working,on your smart card go to "Blips/processed" you should see some files that have more than one line.

If you PM me your email I can look in the inbox for it.

You are using 8330 from Verizon?
    11-07-09 08:17 AM
    yeah this is an issue for us. We are getting so much data (good!!) that it's coming in faster than our computers can process them. We are trying to make it so that multiple computers can process the files. I belieive it has uploaded about half of the files from yesterday. if it's working,on your smart card go to "Blips/processed" you should see some files that have more than one line.

If you PM me your email I can look in the inbox for it.

You are using 8330 from Verizon?
    Yep using the 8330 on verizon, and I tried to PM you but got a message saying I haven't posted enough yet, just a newbie . I have two emails pushing from my phone so ill checl to see which one I have set to send out. This app is awesome though and I just wanted to make sure my phone was capable of helping it out!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-07-09 08:32 AM
226 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD