Just came along this app, because I have been looking for something like it being on Verizon, so I am sharing.

It basically lets you type SMS messages longer than the 160 character limit when writing and then breaks them up into 160 character messages each before sending. Yeah you can just tope a MMS, but some people want to be able to send this as a text message . Plus, some people, including me, would like an option for this.

Here is the link:Beyond160 - Communication & Internet Blackberry Software and the features. Havent bought it yet but will be looking at the trial, plus if you use the code BRBEYOND160LAUNCH, you get 2 dollars off.

Features from the app page:
    • Field full? Simply hit Menu --> Go Beyond160 and continue typing as much as you want.
    • Make your message as long as you want and Beyond160 will automatically send it in multiple parts with the appropriate markers... (1/3), (2/3), (3/3).
    • Sent messages will go to your normal Outbox.
    • Saved drafts will go to your normal Inbox.
    • Send to one recipient, multiple recipients, or even contact groups you've created.
    • If you're tired of re-wording your text to try and make it fit... If you're tired of creating another message just to finish your thoughts... If you're tired of switching to MMS and not knowing if they'll receive it... Then get Beyond160 and experience the freedom!
    • Beyond160 will also work with QuickText, if installed, so try them both for the ultimate in texting efficiency.
    • Fully Operational 14 Day Trial Period
    • PLEASE NOTE - Each message part is just like a normal SMS text message sent from your BlackBerry. So, if you don't have an unlimited text messaging plan, then carrier charges may apply. For example... If you type a message that is 350 characters long, Beyond160 will send it in 3 parts, which is the same as sending 3 individual text messages.
    05-05-09 11:56 AM
    6.99$ I thought it was going to be free lol

No but in all seriousness this is sick, deffinetly worth purchasing going to pick up a copy as soon as I get home. GOOD JOB
    05-05-09 11:59 AM
    bout time someone came up with this... bit pricey tho
    maybe cuz im a broke college student
    overall looks like a useful app
    05-05-09 12:22 PM
    bout time someone came up with this... bit pricey tho
    maybe cuz im a broke college student
    overall looks like a useful app
    Yeah it is pricey, hopefully if goes down, unlikely but hopefully. Plus its not bad with that code I gave.

6.99$ I thought it was going to be free lol

No but in all seriousness this is sick, deffinetly worth purchasing going to pick up a copy as soon as I get home. GOOD JOB
    I wish it was free, but it covers an aspect that is missing from the Storm, and other BBs. But the trial gets us somewhere, and you just reminded me, I should be getting back to work .
    05-05-09 12:25 PM
    I downloaded the trial and when you click GoBeyond160 it doesnt automatically copy the text and the recipients, which was disappointing, deleted it already.
    05-05-09 12:29 PM
    Just came along this app, because I have been looking for something like it being on Verizon, so I am sharing.

It basically lets you type SMS messages longer than the 160 character limit when writing and then breaks them up into 160 character messages each before sending. Yeah you can just tope a MMS, but some people want to be able to send this as a text message . Plus, some people, including me, would like an option for this.

Here is the link:Beyond160 - Communication & Internet Blackberry Software and the features. Havent bought it yet but will be looking at the trial, plus if you use the code BRBEYOND160LAUNCH, you get 2 dollars off.

Features from the app page:
    • Field full? Simply hit Menu --> Go Beyond160 and continue typing as much as you want.
    • Make your message as long as you want and Beyond160 will automatically send it in multiple parts with the appropriate markers... (1/3), (2/3), (3/3).
    • Sent messages will go to your normal Outbox.
    • Saved drafts will go to your normal Inbox.
    • Send to one recipient, multiple recipients, or even contact groups you've created.
    • If you're tired of re-wording your text to try and make it fit... If you're tired of creating another message just to finish your thoughts... If you're tired of switching to MMS and not knowing if they'll receive it... Then get Beyond160 and experience the freedom!
    • Beyond160 will also work with QuickText, if installed, so try them both for the ultimate in texting efficiency.
    • Fully Operational 14 Day Trial Period
    • PLEASE NOTE - Each message part is just like a normal SMS text message sent from your BlackBerry. So, if you don't have an unlimited text messaging plan, then carrier charges may apply. For example... If you type a message that is 350 characters long, Beyond160 will send it in 3 parts, which is the same as sending 3 individual text messages.
    i'll try it out
    05-05-09 12:30 PM
    I downloaded the trial and when you click GoBeyond160 it doesnt automatically copy the text and the recipients, which was disappointing, deleted it already.
    worked fine for me
    05-05-09 12:42 PM
    Trying it now. So far it seems to work pretty well. Price seems decent for how much I may actually use this.
    05-05-09 12:43 PM
    This is a great addition for the verizonwireless users. I know for a fact that I too will be using this often.

Thanks for the info on the coupon code. The price, at five dollars, is great.

I like how one has to select to use the application, in order to preserve memory. Good stuff.

I've sent out a number of messages already, and it works great.
    05-05-09 01:05 PM
    Seems to work great for me. I just wish it looked better, god it's ugly as ****. + I wish it would retain the contact name =[
    05-05-09 01:06 PM
    When you activate the program you have to type in the contact name again. The price is way too expensive!
    05-05-09 01:55 PM
    When you activate the program you have to type in the contact name again. The price is way too expensive!
    What are you talking about? It copied everything over for me, message and number, it just doesn't show the contact's name but rather just their number.
    05-05-09 02:02 PM
    So I am a little confused. Does this replace our current "stock" text program? So I will send & receive text messages in this program? Or does it just lay over top of our current program?
    05-05-09 02:12 PM
    So I am a little confused. Does this replace our current "stock" text program? So I will send & receive text messages in this program? Or does it just lay over top of our current program?
    Basically its a separate program that runs and sends texts but it does not replace your default SMS program.
    05-05-09 02:22 PM
    It worked a couple of times but it just locked up my phone when I tried to copy the message over. Good thing they give you a trial.
    05-05-09 02:59 PM
    Finally getting some time to try it. Glad others got it working.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-09 05:30 PM
    Hey gang... I'm the developer of Beyond160, and I'm glad to hear most of you are having a good experience with it. I use it all the time myself.

Anyway, I wanted to jump in here and see if I could help a few of you who might be experiencing different behavior. Beyond160 will always try to show the name of the contact, but if that cannot be obtained, then it only shows the number. I won't go into the technical details of why, but if the name is not showing, then more than likely there's a permissions issue. If Beyond160 didn't obtain proper permissions, for whatever reason, then this will usually cause problems. It can even cause the app to lock-up on occasion:

For those who might be experiencing such issues, you can fix the permissions by doing the following:

1. Go to your BlackBerry Options --> Security Options --> Application Permissions --> Beyond160

2. Open the menu and choose "Edit Permissions"

3. Set all three categories to "Allow". Then exit and Save.

It's possible you might need to reboot after that.

Let me know if you need more help.
    05-05-09 09:17 PM
    Hey nice to see you in here GeekyDad....The program is great, and a wonderful idea. The only complaint I have is yes I know you put alot of work into it, and believe me I am one that will definitely pay for an app if it is deserved, but I'm kind of having trouble paying 5$ for this app when I can just as easily copy and paste my message into an MMS message. (Even though it's very good for people that don't like recieving MMS messages, I'm definitely going to continue trying it out.)

Like I said, it's a great app, and I appreciate all the work you put into it, I am going to continue using the trial and see what I think.

Thanks again.

Edit: I am on such a seasaw, it's leaning towards just buy it, but I still don't know how much I'll actually need it.
    Last edited by mazz0310; 05-05-09 at 09:52 PM.
    05-05-09 09:26 PM
    great theory but sounds like some errors, and the cost, but i bet soon it will have a free app like this
    05-05-09 10:01 PM
    Sounds pretty cool, because it is annoying as **** when you hit 160 and it just STOPS! But, $6.99??? Now I know it took time to develop and I'm not trying to be cheap but I bet if it were $2.99 or $3.99 it'd sell A LOT better. I know I'd pick it up. Any chance of a price drop? I really want this app...
    05-05-09 10:19 PM
    Hey gang... I'm the developer of Beyond160, and I'm glad to hear most of you are having a good experience with it. I use it all the time myself.

Anyway, I wanted to jump in here and see if I could help a few of you who might be experiencing different behavior. Beyond160 will always try to show the name of the contact, but if that cannot be obtained, then it only shows the number. I won't go into the technical details of why, but if the name is not showing, then more than likely there's a permissions issue. If Beyond160 didn't obtain proper permissions, for whatever reason, then this will usually cause problems. It can even cause the app to lock-up on occasion:

For those who might be experiencing such issues, you can fix the permissions by doing the following:

1. Go to your BlackBerry Options --> Security Options --> Application Permissions --> Beyond160

2. Open the menu and choose "Edit Permissions"

3. Set all three categories to "Allow". Then exit and Save.

It's possible you might need to reboot after that.

Let me know if you need more help.
    Wow, nice that the dev stopped by. Also, on a side note, do you have a blog by chance? Nice app, still a bit too busy to try it out but I will as soon as I am done, at least I didnt have any long messages to send.

Another note, the code I left is only good till the 10th of this month , so those who are trying it now should know that.
    05-05-09 10:59 PM
    Alright, well glad you gave us a date for how long the code is good for, I was worried about how long I had.
    05-05-09 11:05 PM
    What a bunch of whiny cheap a$$es! If 7 bucks for an app I have seen ppl beggin4 will break you...yet u have a smart phone with a $30/month data plan.... Hmmmm.

My $.02

05-05-09 11:44 PM
    What a bunch of whiny cheap a$$es! If 7 bucks for an app I have seen ppl beggin4 will break you...yet u have a smart phone with a $30/month data plan.... Hmmmm.

My $.02

Yeah but why spend 7$ for an app, when you can just copy and paste yourself and throw in an MMS. I'm not gonna argue because this guy put his time into a great app, but it's not being cheap, I just don't have a personal need for it.
    05-05-09 11:53 PM
    I wanna get the app, but I'm only getting it if its off crackberry or the appworld. I only buy apps from these two so I have a centralized place for updates and storing unused ones.

so, whens it hitting one of the app stores?!
    05-06-09 12:09 AM
120 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD