Here is a little app I designed after seeing a request that allows you to stop email from being received on your BlackBerry. The benefit of this app versus turning the account off is that the emails do not get resent to the device. Right now it is very basic, but I am thinking of adding on-device filters to only remove specific emails by subject and maybe body keywords. The only caveat so far (that i know), is that it does not always block the response emails sent by Gmail.

It should work on all blackberry models with OS 4.2 and up, but I have only tested it on the Storm.

CM for OS 4.7+

StopMail for OS 4.7+

/************************************************** *****************************/

CM for OS Pre-4.7

StopMail for OS Pre-4.7
    Last edited by CMY; 09-24-09 at 05:56 PM.
    09-03-09 01:31 PM
    Just to be clear, if the account has a white box and red colored background then it is blocking emails.
    09-03-09 01:46 PM
    Will give it a try
    Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-09 02:52 PM
    Will try it out.
    Sounds interesting
    09-03-09 02:55 PM
    Very nice I just stumbled upon this app! I will be using this A LOT! Thanks

09-07-09 06:48 PM
    Also I'm just wondering if this will allow me to turn off just one email account if I have two or more. I just have 1 right now but ill open up my work email for my phone if that is a supported feature.

09-07-09 06:57 PM
    It will allow you to stop as many email accounts as you can setup on your phone (I think the limit is 10 currently).
    09-07-09 07:49 PM
    Ok thanks for confirming, yeah that makes since because the total emails you can have on a BB is 10. Well now I can add my corporate email to my phone and not have to be driven crazy on my days off! Your app definitely has a lot of potential!
    09-07-09 07:52 PM
    Very cool app. I will use this a lot for work e-mails. Thanks.
    09-07-09 10:10 PM
    Very cool app. I will use this a lot for work e-mails. Thanks.
    +1

Thanks !!!
    09-11-09 12:46 PM
    The link appears to be broken for me. Does anyone have a working one?
    09-12-09 10:52 AM
    Same here. Every time I try to dl it or the CM library alk it does is request until I stop it.

09-12-09 12:19 PM
    The links have been restored....Sorry, I am moving to a new host.
    09-12-09 07:45 PM
    Is it feasible to have it send the emails out after you turn in back on?
    Also, would you conside setting up a schedule to turn it off after work and on weekends?
    09-12-09 08:37 PM
    The purpose of the app is to keep it from resending the emails after you reenable the account (ie you dont want all of your work emails to flood in after you leave work). I am adding several features to it such as a filter/block by keyword(s) and the being able to set up a schedule per account.
    09-12-09 08:47 PM
    While I appreciate your reasoning, and am hugely grateful for the app, I think some folks would appreciate having to not miss any emails.

I personally would love to have my work emails stop coming in for the evenings and weekends. But need them to all come through when I'm on duty so as not to miss any.
    09-13-09 11:52 AM
    yea i think the biggest thing needed would be scheduled blocking,
    09-23-09 04:03 PM
    I have added a link for device with OS 4.2 and up. You will probably need to reinstall the CM library if the buttons go past the bottom of the display. I just added the scrolling feature for trackball devices in the latest CM build (175). If it is not working for your trackball device, could you post you device and OS version here.

I am going to incorporate several custom profiles with an on/off schedule feature in the next build.
    09-24-09 06:01 PM
    Well I installed the CM module and the Stopmail and disabled one of my email accounts. However, I am still receiving emails on that account. On my list of email accounts it it colored red with the white X through the box. I'm running 5.0.230. I did a delete and reinstalled the application, same results.

Anyone else with this issue. I really like the idea of this application.
    10-04-09 09:54 AM
    X2...I'd love the feature to block the emails in evenings and weekends but then they come to the device the next weekday morning...I can do everything your app does now with the firewall...I wish they'd come to the device though the next weekday morning so I don't overlook any in my desktop program

10-04-09 10:06 AM
    I am working on an updated paid version that will allow you to set it to block the emails during a specified time. Currently it only allows one time setting, but I will possibly make a pro version that allows you to set multiple times.

Unfortunately, the way it is setup now once it blocks an email there is no way to get it back on the device. The purpose of this was so that you could set it so that you wouldn't get your work emails while you're at work. The only way to probably get the emails back (not even sure if it would work) would be to remove the account from the phone then add it back in. I may look into that in the future, but right now I just trying to get this and a few more apps done before my son is due in November as I will not be doing any development for awhile after that.
    10-04-09 07:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD