I am currently doing a BETA for 15 days to get some more feedback on the trackball version of a new app I'm working on, and to better prepare for a release date. To the new testers, the app is essentially a PTT app for blackberries. To get more info on the app check out THIS page. That page only explains the Storm version, but the trackball version works in a similar fashion. I will try to put together a document for it shortly.

There have been a few additions to note that are not in the details:
    * There is now a vibrate option/button
    * The app will now send all messages to VM when the UI is not up
    * (STORM) There is now a missed message indicator on the home screen

To install the app you will need to install these two files (PLEASE REINSTALL THIS CM LIBRARY, SINCE IT HAS BEEN UPDATED):

STORM VERSION
    CM --- YOU MUST REINSTALL THIS CM FOR IT TO WORK
    BERRY2BERRY

TRACKBALL VERSION
    CM --- YOU MUST REINSTALL THIS CM FOR IT TO WORK
    BERRY2BERRY
    (*** QUICK NOTE: To play and record messages, you can press the 'M' and 'R' keys respectively. ***)

For those who will not read the instructions, YOU MUST SET PERMISSIONS TO ALLOW AND REBOOT FOR THE APP TO WORK -- SO YES THIS MEANS REBOOT TWICE IF YOU ALREADY HAVE CM INSTALLED AND INSTALL CM FIRST

VERY IMPORTANT ---- THIS WILL ONLY WORK IF YOU HAVE A BLACKBERRY DATA PLAN. So those of you who unlocked your phone to go to a different network, it will not work without the BLACKBERRY DATA PLAN. It does work on both GSM and CDMA and has been tested in CANADA, AUSTRALIA, GERMANY, and maybe other places.

Anyone who wants to test the app with another person can PM me and I will give them my PIN to test with me
    05-19-09 11:08 AM
    How much will it cost once out of beta?
    05-19-09 11:24 AM
    Looks good. Will this work with OS 5? Thanks
    05-19-09 11:45 AM
    Subsribed so I can play when i get home

Any idea on the amount of data usage with this app?
    05-19-09 01:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD