v1.2 released!! see post 1!
    07-28-09 12:31 AM
    Could you explain the steps I should take to load a new OS on my phone? I would like to wipe and back up my 3rd party apps then load the OS and restore but I am worried about doing it using a new program and having no directions... any help please?
    07-29-09 02:35 PM
    I should try this and post the result later..
    07-29-09 02:41 PM
    I have a problem... When I use this program or JL I never receive a error 507. I click on factory reset in both programs and it only wipes the phone after a reset.

When the phone turns on it goes through the setup phase but all of my third party apps are just moved to the download folder. I want to completely reset but it won't work.

I'm also not sure if it's relevant, but when I use BBSAK, as soon as it pops up with the complete screen the red light on blackberry turns on and it shuts off, than goes in wiping screen. After this is restars again.

I have a blackberry 8350i with 4.6 OS, any suggestions??
    07-29-09 04:09 PM
    07-29-09 05:18 PM
    It Worked!! I am curious as to why I chose the wipe option instead of the factory reset option? I thought that's what I was trying to do so I kept choosing it, that's how the tutorial I read said to do it. Just curious... I want to learn as much as possible so I can help people in the future.

Thanks again though!!
    07-29-09 06:17 PM
    Can't wait to try this... Also what is Net Framework and why do you need it?
    07-29-09 06:48 PM
    It Worked!! I am curious as to why I chose the wipe option instead of the factory reset option? I thought that's what I was trying to do so I kept choosing it, that's how the tutorial I read said to do it. Just curious... I want to learn as much as possible so I can help people in the future.

Thanks again though!!
    factory reset - resets the IT policy (mostly for bes users)
    wipe - wipes not only the apps but the OS as well (think of it as formatting your computer)

thejgeffect - .NET Framework - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    07-29-09 10:43 PM
    Is anyone having trouble using the 3rd party backup?

Everything else seems to work fine for me but when I go to backup my apps the screen just freezes. It does make a folder but there are no files in it.

Love the app though, very easy to use...

Thanks for all your hard work guys!

***EDIT***
    I just disabled my password and autostandby and it worked perfectly!
    Last edited by Undisputed; 07-30-09 at 02:00 AM.
    07-29-09 11:14 PM

Everything else seems to work fine for me but when I go to backup my apps the screen just freezes. It does make a folder but there are no files in it.

***EDIT***
    I just disabled my password and autostandby and it worked perfectly!

glad you worked it out... seems weird tho i use autostandby with no issues... didnt have a pw on my phone tho...
    07-30-09 12:01 PM
    Ok so I just did a 3rd party app back up then wipe then load OS then restore 3rd party apps and for some reason my applications are not showing up under Options>Advanced Options>Applications... none of my 3rd party apps show up. This is a problem because I need to add BBM to my phone via Add/Remove programs on DM but when I try it keeps telling me "unknown modules that will be removed" and all my apps are listed... how do i fix this?
    07-31-09 06:23 PM
    Try putting your backed up apps into handeld, once at once, using option "load COD". Excuse for my english ;-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-09 06:28 PM
    They are already on the phone itself but DM is not recognizing them and so when I try to add BBM, DM is trying to remove them and stating "unknown modules that will be removed".
    07-31-09 06:31 PM
    Hello, i cant seem to get bbsak to see that my phone is connected. Any trouble shooting tips?
    08-01-09 07:28 PM
    BBSAK should work ok with .Net Framework 3.5 right?
    08-02-09 05:42 PM
    Rather than annihilate my phone - do the wipe/similar give warnings before erasing the data/os/whatever?

The simple one screen is nice but maybe the more destructive options could be on an "advanced" (or 2nd) screen.

I did not see any progress meter or other showing anything was happening other than my hourglass spinning (desktop computer).
    08-02-09 07:00 PM
    I cant download the app bbsak it tells me at rimgeeks site that i am not authorized to download
    08-03-09 06:17 PM
    Pick mirror 2 or 3 to download.
    08-03-09 06:29 PM

Hi Im having the same problem. App just locks up. Phone doesn't do anything.
    08-03-09 08:48 PM
    version 1.3 released! tons of new features as well as the fix for password protected devices... please see post 1

enjoy!
    08-03-09 10:26 PM
    can someone give me some pointers. its not showing my phone being connected to bbsak.
    08-03-09 10:47 PM
    i right clicked went to properties and tried to click on run as administrator but its not letting me
    08-03-09 10:51 PM
    i right clicked went to properties and tried to click on run as administrator but its not letting me
    are you using version 1.3? the detection method chagned you should no longer have to run as admin... try restarting the app, unplugging your phoen and worst case try restarting ur pc... we tested on xp vista and windows 7 15 times on each with diff phones to check this particular issue
    08-03-09 10:52 PM
    ok illtry right now. ill let u know in a few if it works cus i popped my cherry and bricked my storm.
    08-03-09 10:57 PM
    yeah i just downloaded 1.3
    08-03-09 10:59 PM
128 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD