I just uploaded an early preview release of an RSS feed reader I've been working on for a few days now, if you're interested you can get more info & download the app at Arr! SS for Blackberry. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.
    07-08-09 01:03 PM
    I should have mentioned that the preview version will not save the cached feeds, so every time you quit the app and go back into it, it'll have to re-download the feed when you attempt to view it.
    07-08-09 01:05 PM
    Nice app, testing it out now!
    Last edited by mazz0310; 07-08-09 at 01:11 PM.
    07-08-09 01:09 PM
    For some reason the "Fetch" button isn't working for me, when I add a new feed.
    07-08-09 01:15 PM
    Thanks for the feedback, I just realized I forgot to re-wire up the fetch button....should have it fixed by later tonight. Should also mention this only works on the Storm (maybe the Tour) for right now.
    07-08-09 01:16 PM
    From what I see so far it looks good.

Can't wait til I can add my own feeds though :-)
    07-08-09 01:17 PM
    Yea this will be awesome when you can add a feed of your own. I want some WWTDD.com RSS action haha.

I'm downloading this now.
    07-08-09 01:27 PM
    Any idea if you will be able to 2-way sync this with google reader, bloglines, etc.?
    07-08-09 01:54 PM
    I just uploaded a new version to Mobihand (still labeled v1.0 because I'm lazy)...I removed the favicon fetcher because it was slow, but did fix the "Add Feed" button. You *may* have to uninstall the old version before installing the new one (I didn't, but some people may have to).
    07-08-09 01:55 PM
    Any idea if you will be able to 2-way sync this with google reader, bloglines, etc.?
    I thought about making it for Google Reader, since that is what I use, which makes things easier....but I wasn't sure how many people use online readers and because of the effort it would take to implement the syncing I didn't want to lock the app down to just one service. Once I get the core functionality working I'll probably look at adding sync services for some online readers.
    07-08-09 01:58 PM
    Also should have mentioned that if you input a bad RSS url, you may have to wait for the HTTP connection to time out.....which could take awhile (I think 2 minutes on BB). I plan to add a cancel button to the "please wait" screen, but I'm making that a lower priority to some other features (like Podcast downloading).
    07-08-09 02:03 PM
    I thought about making it for Google Reader, since that is what I use, which makes things easier....but I wasn't sure how many people use online readers and because of the effort it would take to implement the syncing I didn't want to lock the app down to just one service. Once I get the core functionality working I'll probably look at adding sync services for some online readers.
    Understandable. Honestly, though, if you locked it down to google reader, tons of people would download and buy this. Google reader has the biggest market share and people would switch from whatever service they have on their desktop to google reader, if 2-way syncing was available on your app.

Viigo does not sync, so even though it's UI is nice, I use google's mobile reader site instead because I hate reading the same article twice. Newsgator Go! has syncing capabilities but they have not made a storm-friendly version yet - it's unusable in compatibility mode IMO.

I really, really hope you're able to implement 2-way syncing with google reader at some point because as of now, no other storm-specific app does it. It would be a huge hit if you could do it.
    07-08-09 02:05 PM
    Understandable. Honestly, though, if you locked it down to google reader, tons of people would download and buy this. Google reader has the biggest market share and people would switch from whatever service they have on their desktop to google reader, if 2-way syncing was available on your app.

Viigo does not sync, so even though it's UI is nice, I use google's mobile reader site instead because I hate reading the same article twice. Newsgator Go! has syncing capabilities but they have not made a storm-friendly version yet - it's unusable in compatibility mode IMO.

I really, really hope you're able to implement 2-way syncing with google reader at some point because as of now, no other storm-specific app does it. It would be a huge hit if you could do it.
    I'll go ahead and put that on the my list of To-Dos and I'll see what I can do.
    07-08-09 02:11 PM
    I'll go ahead and put that on the my list of To-Dos and I'll see what I can do.
    That would be amazing!
    07-08-09 02:17 PM
    Bump. Just looking for to the future of this app. I'm really optimistic.
    07-08-09 09:12 PM
    just a thought....

for the add feed part, if you could enable the 'paste' function.

i had my feeds all copied and ready to go, but there was no response to my bb button.

I HATE how big VIIGO is and i would DEFINITELY BE INTERESTED IN A MINIMAL RSS READER. especially if you could sync with google reader.

looks great so far! i can't wait!
    07-08-09 09:27 PM
    i would DEFINITELY BE INTERESTED IN A MINIMAL RSS READER. especially if you could sync with google reader.
    As I've already said, and the OP knows, the 2-way sync ability with google reader would be amazing. I'm hoping more people chime in with the same sentiment.
    07-08-09 09:47 PM
    I hope you know I'm only downloading for the pirate theme...
    07-09-09 04:00 AM
    Google reader would be huge. ANd I also agree about the ability to paste in a the Fetch popup.
    07-09-09 07:41 AM
    I just posted v1.0.3 that fixes the delete option, made a few minor bug fixes and replaced the icon. I'm going to work on the cut & paste support next.
    07-09-09 08:36 AM
    Well I technically now have cut, copy & paste working as well as the back button on the popup screens but RIMs signing server is giving me some problems so I can't upload a new version right now. I'm also started working on importing Google Reader (one way sync for now) and once that is working I'll build it with an older SDK so it'll work on more than just the Storm & Tour.
    07-09-09 09:25 AM
    I downloaded your app and tested it, but it won't fetch anything. I can't add a new feed and I can't fetch the preinstalled feeds.

How does your app connect to the internet? I am at Vodafone.de and don't have a fix APN.
    07-09-09 10:01 AM
    I kindo of like the old orange icon, but I understand the change. Keep up the good work.
    07-09-09 10:04 AM
    I downloaded your app and tested it, but it won't fetch anything. I can't add a new feed and I can't fetch the preinstalled feeds.

How does your app connect to the internet? I am at Vodafone.de and don't have a fix APN.
    Thanks for the info, I'll add some code that should fix that problem in the next release.....which will be as soon as soon as I figure out my app signing problem.
    07-09-09 10:17 AM
    Cool. Sounds great. I did a short review on my website and hope that Arr! SS will getting better and better
    07-09-09 10:20 AM
230 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD