08-21-09 06:09 PM
57 123
tools
    Has anyone figured out a way to maintain the lists and aisle information after an OS upgrade?

It is a bit of a pain to re-enter all the information.
    Hey guys,

I think a big thing that would help, that we personally do with our copies of Appetite over here, is to keep a master list for your items, with all of these options chosen.

Then this list is never deleted. This will keep all of your items and the details in the list and you can just check and uncheck each visit. It's easier because Appetite has a built-in function that allows you to check/uncheck all.

This master list can then stay separate from your temporary/one-time list and you can use it that way, only deleting the list that is not your master.

This is a temporary work around until the next updates.

We are finding that everyone is loving their copies of Appetite and ideas are more than OVERWHELMING the team.

Please be patient as we update the software. Make sure you keep the update feature on all the time so you can be one of the first to get the most recent updates.
    02-09-09 06:40 PM
    i've been using Appetite for about a week now, and i like it so far. i see so much potential in this program, but it's lacking a few key features that would make me LOVE this program.

1) simpleleap.com is not very easy to use in terms of uploading recipes. i have to keep going back to your typing guide to make sure i'm inputting the measurements correctly. i've had to redo a recipe many times before it allowed me to submit. i think a lot more people will share recipes (to build the database) if it was easier to use. i know this was mentioned before, but a desktop program would be AWESOME! especially if it had a backup feature. i'd be able to type in the recipes much faster and sync it to my BB. i think having the desktop feature will take this program to a whole new level. also with a backup feature, i can stop worrying about losing all the recipes i input into this program if anything goes wrong. trust me - i've put in a LOT of time.

i'd also love to be able to move a recipe from one category to another. currently, i have to delete the recipe and retype the whole thing into another category.

i look forward to your future updates and improvements.
    03-05-09 03:19 PM
    Agreed. I started off loving this app, but updates seem to be coming much slower now. Hopefully will see some soon!
    03-08-09 08:27 PM
    i've been using Appetite for about a week now, and i like it so far. i see so much potential in this program, but it's lacking a few key features that would make me LOVE this program.

1) simpleleap.com is not very easy to use in terms of uploading recipes. i have to keep going back to your typing guide to make sure i'm inputting the measurements correctly. i've had to redo a recipe many times before it allowed me to submit. i think a lot more people will share recipes (to build the database) if it was easier to use. i know this was mentioned before, but a desktop program would be AWESOME! especially if it had a backup feature. i'd be able to type in the recipes much faster and sync it to my BB. i think having the desktop feature will take this program to a whole new level. also with a backup feature, i can stop worrying about losing all the recipes i input into this program if anything goes wrong. trust me - i've put in a LOT of time.

i'd also love to be able to move a recipe from one category to another. currently, i have to delete the recipe and retype the whole thing into another category.

i look forward to your future updates and improvements.
    Thanks for the suggestions! Luckily...some of your suggestions were already built in from the start.

You do not have to delete and re-enter a recipe to change the category. I have detailed the instructions below and have also linked to the F.A.Q. question on our website for details.

1. Select the recipe you wish to change the category of.
    2. From the BlackBerry menu, select "Modify Recipe"
    3. At the bottom, locate Category.
    4. Select the new category you wish to place the recipe in.
    5. Press the BlackBerry back button
    6. Save your changes

It has now been recategorized, it's now located in it's new category!

As for back-ups, as long as you have your recipes online, they are backed up. The only things that we save on your phone (to save the users space) is your image and this is on your SD card.

LINK TO F.A.Q. - SimpleLeap F.A.Q. - Recategorize a Recipe

As for the website, we hear you and we are working on it, lol!
    04-03-09 09:55 AM
    hey i checked out your webpage and just wanted to say you have some pretty awesome apps. nicely designed and definitely met a demand that was there for blackberry users.

if i get into cooking, might just try appetite
    04-03-09 11:21 AM
    anyone know of a promo code for this that still works?
    04-13-09 04:53 PM
    have the developers given up on this app? if so, that is a shame for those of us who paid for the app.
    08-21-09 06:09 PM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD