AOPA Airports is now available for BlackBerry and touch screen Windows Mobile devices. Thanks to a joint venture with Hilton Software, members can download the applications for free by pointing their mobile device’s browser to: http://www.aopa.org/mobiledirectory. “Hilton Software’s WingX is an impressive product. We welcomed the opportunity to partner with such an innovative organization to develop an important new resource for our members,” said Chris O’Callaghan, AOPA Vice President of ePublishing. “We’ve received many requests for both BlackBerry and Windows Mobile versions of the Airport Directory.”

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-03-09 10:17 AM
    What is aopa? I'm on my phone

07-03-09 10:37 AM
    Aircraft owners and pilots association

07-03-09 11:15 AM
    Good find. Thanks!
    07-03-09 04:47 PM
    Finally some good aviation software comes to BlackBerry!

Just downloaded on my Bold and then downloaded the databases, both the airports and the AOPA info.

The airport database was about 5 mb and the AOPA database was about 19 mb. I downloaded over WiFi so it wouldn't take as long.

So far just browsing around it's not bad. Interface is nothing flashy, but that makes everything load fast.

I think this will really come in handy, especially having it stored on my SD card instead of having to download the info whenever you need it.
    07-08-09 03:03 PM
    Sweet now all we need is Co-Pilot for flight planning! I have been using the AOPA app for my iPhone as an AFD for a while now and its awesome. I am gonna download it for my Bold.
    08-16-09 11:36 AM
    Sweet now all we need is Co-Pilot for flight planning! I have been using the AOPA app for my iPhone as an AFD for a while now and its awesome. I am gonna download it for my Bold.
    Did you have any trouble downloading the airport databases? For some reason I keep getting a download error. Please let me know if you have any solutions.
    08-16-09 06:25 PM
    I had no trouble but I did it over wifi, give that a shot.
    08-16-09 07:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD