Hi Everyone,

You are the president of the United States and the only person left able to save the earth from invading Aliens. This game is all about killing aliens before they kill you. To be fair and balance, you can play as either President Bush or Obama. Supports both the Accelerometer and Multi-touch.

$3.99 In the CrackBerry Store: Aliens vs President

Regards,
    Carm.
    07-22-09 09:55 AM
    looks cool gonna install the free trial if i like it ill buy
    07-22-09 10:01 AM
    looks cool gonna install the free trial if i like it ill buy
    There is no trial version at this time. It's still being looked in to what would be involved to create it.

Regards,
    Carm.
    Last edited by ComputerTimeCO; 07-22-09 at 10:25 AM.
    07-22-09 10:06 AM
    who doesnt wants to kill aliens
    07-22-09 10:08 AM
    There is no trial version at this time. It's still being looked in to what would be involved to create it.

Regards,
    Carm.
    ok just installed a free trial but its asking for a license key
    07-22-09 10:14 AM
    For $3.99 it's a steal. I was fortunate enough to beta test and I played it for about an hour at a time. It is really addictive. That's just my $.02.
    07-22-09 10:18 AM
    The game is awesome fun, but the controls need some work. I keep tapping the fire button but it only works about half of the time. That being said, it looks great and performs great! Keep up the good work!
    07-22-09 11:16 AM
    The game is awesome fun, but the controls need some work. I keep tapping the fire button but it only works about half of the time. That being said, it looks great and performs great! Keep up the good work!
    It's not mention anywhere but each weapon cycles differently. The handgun and the M16 fire at about 6-7 rounds per second. The shotgun is about 4-5.

On the Minigun the button can be held down and when you let go it should stop. The key here is to stay on top of the fire button when using mini. If you lift your finger away from the button it will be in full auto. Your ammo disappears really quickly in full auto.

We also have some cheat codes that will be made available at a later date.

Regards,
    Carm.
    07-22-09 11:31 AM
    That is some funny ****!
    07-22-09 11:55 AM
    This is really fun and addicting game...
    I just wish we could get some health on the shelters...
    and at higher levels... is almost impossible to get out of the shelters.. gotta give some window of oportunity to get out once in a while...
    overall... this game is awesome!! well worth the money..
    07-27-09 09:40 PM
    so i finally broke down and bought this and its a great time killer alot of fun
    07-27-09 10:14 PM
    Hi All,

So what level have you reached? We have an update coming out tomorrow that includes on-line high score submission.

We also made it more difficult once you get past level 31. We're not really sure if that should stay because it gets next to impossible to survive from level 35. I would like to know what your thoughts are on this before we release it.

Thanks,
    Carm.
    07-27-09 10:30 PM
    Hi All,

So what level have you reached? We have an update coming out tomorrow that includes on-line high score submission.

We also made it more difficult once you get past level 31. We're not really sure if that should stay because it gets next to impossible to survive from level 35. I would like to know what your thoughts are on this before we release it.

Thanks,
    Carm.
    lol well im about 1/2 way there
    07-27-09 10:36 PM
    Hi All,

Thanks,
    Carm.
    took me forever to pass level 23.. now i'm on level 24 and is impossible... i wish the m-16 fired like the minigun...
    need health on the shelters too..
    just my opinion
    07-27-09 10:44 PM
    i closed the app when i had no ammo on the m-16 ... and when i re-opened... i lost my m-16... that kinda blows...
    also... i noticed... price for the minigun ammo is $400... but it is actually $200... mistype???
    07-27-09 10:57 PM
    i closed the app when i had no ammo on the m-16 ... and when i re-opened... i lost my m-16... that kinda blows...
    also... i noticed... price for the minigun ammo is $400... but it is actually $200... mistype???
    I'm sorry to tell you the price for mini ammo was fixed. I'll have a look at the disappearing M16 issue.

If you have suggestions that would make the game play better for you, tell us now. We can hold the update a day or two while we make changes.

Just to let you know, the idea behind the game play is for player to form a good strategy. Like do not try to kill more aliens than you have to in order to conserve ammo. Take advantage of every shelter when possible. Don't buy more ammo than you need to make it across to save money. Well you know things like that.

Regards,
    Carm.
    07-27-09 11:32 PM
    I'm sorry to tell you the price for mini ammo was fixed. I'll have a look at the disappearing M16 issue.

If you have suggestions that would make the game play better for you, tell us now. We can hold the update a day or two while we make changes.

Just to let you know, the idea behind the game play is for player to form a good strategy. Like do not try to kill more aliens than you have to in order to conserve ammo. Take advantage of every shelter when possible. Don't buy more ammo than you need to make it across to save money. Well you know things like that.

Regards,
    Carm.
    This game is awesome... the only thing i wish it was added was some health on the shelters...
    I also lost the minigun once after i exited the app with 0 minigun ammo... so i re-started from level 1 ... i guess if you don't have any ammo... and you exit... you lose the gun...
    This game is really worth the money... just that one thing missing... in my opinion..
    07-27-09 11:58 PM
    the only thing i wish it was added was some health on the shelters...
    I also lost the minigun once after i exited the app with 0 minigun ammo
    Hi Audizine,

The losing your gun problem was fixed this morning.

Health in shelters may be something we can add later.

Our thoughts are to evolve this game along the lines of what players want. To some degree the players will decide the future direction of this game based on their input.

FYI all updates to this game will always be free.

Regards,
    Carm.
    07-28-09 10:14 AM
    Great game - I have also had the "losing the gun" problem when I exit the app. Tough to start on level 12 with just a handgun and 150 bucks. I did download the update and still did the same thing. I will try deleting the app and doing a fresh install to see what happens.

Additionally, one thing I would like would be for the game to pause when you receive a phone call (ok, it does, but let me explain...). After I got off the phone, I jumped back into the game and was in mid swing - it would be nice if you could add something kept the game paused until you clicked/touched a button - that way those dang aliens aren't on your heels before you have a chance to get ready. Thanks!
    07-29-09 10:01 AM
    Great game - I have also had the "losing the gun" problem when I exit the app. Tough to start on level 12 with just a handgun and 150 bucks. I did download the update and still did the same thing. I will try deleting the app and doing a fresh install to see what happens.

Additionally, one thing I would like would be for the game to pause when you receive a phone call (ok, it does, but let me explain...). After I got off the phone, I jumped back into the game and was in mid swing - it would be nice if you could add something kept the game paused until you clicked/touched a button - that way those dang aliens aren't on your heels before you have a chance to get ready. Thanks!
    The lose of the gun happens when the level is saved. The update will not if you have a save from the last version. You can either continue from that saved game and try to raise some more cash or start a new game. No need to uninstall then reinstall.

The ability to hold up game play until you are ready is a good suggestion. We will work on that for the next update.

Regards,
    Carm.
    07-29-09 10:20 AM
    The lose of the gun happens when the level is saved. The update will not if you have a save from the last version. You can either continue from that saved game and try to raise some more cash or start a new game. No need to uninstall then reinstall.

The ability to hold up game play until you are ready is a good suggestion. We will work on that for the next update.

Regards,
    Carm.
    Are you saying you can never leave the game..ie save the game and return the with the weapon u had purchased? I downloaded the new version started a new game. I then purchased the shotgun and played until level six. I had to exit the game to do some other stuff. When I came back to play again I loaded it up and all I had was thf handgun. So is that supposed to happen or can you save the gun you have onoy when you die? Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-29-09 11:40 AM
    Are you saying you can never leave the game..ie save the game and return the with the weapon u had purchased? I downloaded the new version started a new game. I then purchased the shotgun and played until level six. I had to exit the game to do some other stuff. When I came back to play again I loaded it up and all I had was thf handgun. So is that supposed to happen or can you save the gun you have onoy when you die? Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Unless there is a bug we are not finding, you should be able to exit a game and still have all the weapons you purchased. This is true as long as you complete the level with those weapons. Saves occur at the end of a level.

For example; if you bought a new after level 9. You play with the new gun in level 10 but you die. You will no longer have that gun, but don't forget you still have the money.

The save mechanism is just to keep you from having to play from the beginning every time you play. It's not for you to exit at any point and restart exactly where you left off. There is just too much detailed information to track and save.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
    Carm.
    07-29-09 12:09 PM
    Okay, I did a little more testing to try and resolve this gun issue I believe I am having.

First, I played through two levels - I bought the shotgun after the end of the first level and played a little bit into the second level. I then exited the game. When I came back I was at the end of the first level - at last without the shotgun or the money to purchase it.

I then reset the device (something I was not required to do after upgrading to .258). I then loaded up the game, played through the first level, bought the shotgun and continued playing until the fifth level. I then exited the game. When I returned I was at the gun shop at the end of the fourth level but once again I did not have a shotgun. Further, I was unable to purchase the gun (even though I had more than $700). I could buy all the ammo I wanted, but I was not able to purchase the shotgun (I tried about a dozen times).

I don't expect the game to save my progress in the middle of the level, that doesn't concern me. But it would be nice if you could keep the weapons you had when you exited the game (either starting at the gun shop from the previous level or the beginning of the new level). If that isn't possible it isn't a deal breaker, I just won't be achieving any high scores.

I will try to uninstall and reinstall later on this evening to see if a clean install as opposed to an overwrite works. Thanks for the quick responses.
    07-29-09 01:34 PM
    Hi FinallyHere,

The multi-touch support which is required for a game like this creates challenges between taps and clicks. We end with two tap/click inputs because of this.

In the Gun Show when you click the screen, many times you end up with two presses for that item instead of one. When it seems that you cannot buy a gun check to make sure by pressing the blue weapon cycle button. You may want to just touch and not click the screen.

Of course it's possible what you are experiencing could be some other issue.

Regards,
    Carm.
    07-29-09 01:58 PM
    Nevermind - I am a little slow. Sorry. Thanks. Toggle weapons. Arghh. Ok, back to work. Thanks!
    Last edited by FinallyHere; 07-29-09 at 02:14 PM. Reason: learning to read.
    07-29-09 02:10 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD