I am extending the BETA another 15 days to get some more feedback on the trackball version, and to better prepare for a release date. To the new testers, the app is essentially a PTT app for blackberries. To get more info on the app check out THIS page. That page only explains the Storm version, but the trackball version works in a similar fashion. I will try to put together a document for it shortly.

There have been a few additions to note that are not in the details:
    * There is now a vibrate option/button
    * The app will now send all messages to VM when the UI is not up
    * (STORM) There is now a missed message indicator on the home screen

To install the app you will need to install these two files (PLEASE REINSTALL THIS CM LIBRARY, SINCE IT HAS BEEN UPDATED):

STORM VERSION
    CM --- YOU MUST REINSTALL THIS CM FOR IT TO WORK
    BERRY2BERRY

TRACKBALL VERSION
    CM --- YOU MUST REINSTALL THIS CM FOR IT TO WORK
    BERRY2BERRY
    (*** QUICK NOTE: To play and record messages, you can press the 'M' and 'R' keys respectively. ***)

For those who will not read the instructions, YOU MUST SET PERMISSIONS TO ALLOW AND REBOOT FOR THE APP TO WORK -- SO YES THIS MEANS REBOOT TWICE IF YOU ALREADY HAVE CM INSTALLED AND INSTALL CM FIRST

VERY IMPORTANT ---- THIS WILL ONLY WORK IF YOU HAVE A BLACKBERRY DATA PLAN. So those of you who unlocked your phone to go to a different network, it will not work without the BLACKBERRY DATA PLAN. It does work on both GSM and CDMA and has been tested in CANADA, AUSTRALIA, GERMANY, and maybe other places.

Anyone who wants to test the app with another person can PM me and I will give them my PIN to test with me
    Last edited by CMY; 05-19-09 at 09:49 AM.
    05-06-09 12:28 AM
    For those of you who did the private beta, you can find a non trial version at the usual links.
    05-06-09 12:30 AM
    Seems to be very cool, would love to try but can you describe how the app works?
    05-06-09 12:30 AM
    Awesome. Installing...
    05-06-09 12:31 AM
    It's alot similar to sending a voice message using BBM but without all the hassle.
    05-06-09 12:33 AM
    It makes things a lot simpler when sending the same quick message to multiple people. Depending on distance/data connectivity/your provider it will take a few seconds for the person to recieve the message. It is set up so that it will auto play on the other end unless it is turned off.
    05-06-09 12:36 AM
    There is a very quick learning curve but you guys are going to love it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-06-09 12:57 AM
    Is this going to be a free or payed app?
    05-06-09 07:12 AM
    It will be a paid app when it is released.
    05-06-09 07:32 AM
    fantastic application!
    05-06-09 07:56 AM
    this application need to be installed both on the mine BB and both on the receiving BB?
    05-06-09 08:02 AM
    Just installed the app know need to get someone else to install it.
    05-06-09 08:06 AM
    Anyone who wants to test the app with another person can PM me and I will give them my PIN to test with me
    05-06-09 08:10 AM
    Yes, it needs to be installed on both phones to work properly
    05-06-09 08:11 AM
    As the directions suggest, setting yourself up as a contact and talking to yourself is a great way to see how it works. It works really well. Now I have to find someone with whom I need or want to communicate.
    05-06-09 09:08 AM
    You can talk to yourself to get used to it, which is good to do. And then you can try with somebody else. All people involved on the conversation has to have the application installed for it to work
    05-06-09 10:17 AM
    Somebody can pm me if they want to test it.

05-06-09 10:20 AM
    Congrats on a nice idea and execution, hope you make a fortune.

05-06-09 10:20 AM
    This App is great. I am sure a lot of people will buy it once it comes out of beta, I know I will. I've been talking to myself trying it out and it works great. I'll keep playing it with it and let you know you if I find any bugs. Props to a great idea and I agree with the guy above me, hope you do make a lot of money from it.
    05-06-09 10:24 AM
    Somebody can pm me if they want to test it.

You guys can PM me too if you need somebody to talk to.

After talking to yourself feels a little bit too weird
    Last edited by Venc; 05-06-09 at 10:46 AM.
    05-06-09 10:41 AM
    Does it run in the background? Or do I need to be running it? Its very easy to set up, talking with the wife now

05-06-09 11:01 AM
    Edit: Nevermind...
    Last edited by shalenboy; 05-06-09 at 11:10 AM.
    05-06-09 11:05 AM
    Put their pin number in their contact listing. Swallow your pride and read the instructions, like I had to.

05-06-09 11:10 AM
    Does it run in the background? Or do I need to be running it? Its very easy to set up, talking with the wife now

It is always running on the background as that is the only way is going to get all messages.

Shalenboy I don't know what was your question, but yes you need to add the PIN number to your contact and it would appear on the application when you open it
    05-06-09 11:23 AM
    ok, read the instructions and I am able to RECEIVE messages, but the contact doesn't get my replies. Any ideas???
    05-06-09 12:20 PM
109 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD