Hi folks,

I've noticed something and wonder if anyone else has as well. My Berryweather homescreen icon NEVER shows that it is raining, it is only overcast. We could be experiencing hours of rain, rain of biblical proportions and my Berryweather homescreen icon only shows overcast! I'm sure that the update interval is short as well. Anybody else notice this?
    11-08-10 04:56 PM
    Nope. Actually mine is the opposite. If there was a chance of rain in the forecast for a certain time, it continues to show rain in as a current condition even when it's not raining. Not always, but more often than not.
    11-08-10 05:04 PM
    BerryWeather may be pulling "local" conditions from a weather station several miles from you. It is occasionally spectacularly wrong here in Cocoa Beach, Florida.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-10 06:21 PM
    Did the same thing to me today tho - I was walking to class in the rain and BW said it was cloudy - that's the weather station's fault tho, not BellShare's.
    11-08-10 06:39 PM
    I've had mine warn of flash floods even after I deselected all flood warnings, and it even persisted through several install. Only once was it showing clear during a thunderstorm, so I just passed it off. Most likely weather station didn't even have time to report it.
    11-08-10 07:52 PM
    It's done the same to me, I'll be driving in rain but BW swears it's not lol
    11-08-10 07:55 PM
    Makes sense, bad weather station. It would explain why some seem to be better than others. Thanks everybody!

11-08-10 08:28 PM
    I've had the most accurate results when I choose an airport weather station. CLE has been accurate for me where I live.
    11-08-10 08:36 PM
    Good suggestion!

11-08-10 08:41 PM
    BerryWeather may be pulling "local" conditions from a weather station several miles from you. It is occasionally spectacularly wrong here in Cocoa Beach, Florida.
    Totally agree Jeff. My only disappointment with BW 2.X (but it's a big one) is the current weather network provider. My coverage was much, much better with the previous provider.
    I live in a major suburb of Vancouver: Richmond. Geograpically it's quite large. The airport is in the North-West corner of the city and is on an island, but that's the weather station closest to me in my Steveston neighbourhood in the South-West corner of the city. Bellshare's previous provider actually had separate data available for Richmond and Steveston, which I loved!

The BW app is so great-looking, especially now with the amazing iconsets available, that I often find myself having to "forgive" inaccurate data, and that's a real shame given the price tag.

Did the same thing to me today tho - I was walking to class in the rain and BW said it was cloudy - that's the weather station's fault tho, not BellShare's.
    I usually agree with you on a lot of things, but this is a bit of a generous opinion. When you sell a weather app for $10, I think you should be accountable for choosing a reliable network of weather stations. It's predicting weather, so I don't expect 100% accuracy, but the prevalence of incorrect current conditions seems to be getting worse, or at best staying just as bad. As I said above, I had better results with the previous provider Bellshare used.
    11-08-10 09:44 PM
    The reason when it is raining and your icon is just showing clouds is of two things:

1)The hourly observation at the time it wasn't raining or had stopped by the time of the observation

2)The weather station does not report precipitation
    11-13-10 08:06 AM
    You can always check for other, nearby stations and try those. I have found radically different weather reporting from stations within 1/2 mile of each other. Also, if you use downloaded weather icons, some sets are more complete than others.
    11-13-10 08:22 AM
    The reason when it is raining and your icon is just showing clouds is of two things:

1)The hourly observation at the time it wasn't raining or had stopped by the time of the observation

2)The weather station does not report precipitation
    That first one isn't always true, I've seen the "observed at" time be the exact time it is at that point and the issue still presents itself
    11-13-10 11:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD