I have a Bold 900 and have huge problems with a lack of App memory. I read around, and compared to others, I have virtually no other apps installed.

Aside from the core apps, I have

Third Party:
    Berry Annoying
    Google Maps
    Add-on
    BB App Centre
    Docs to Go
    Memopad
    Tasks
    Windows Live Messenger
    Word Mole

I have just uninstalled all themes and am running 5.0.0.592, and immediately after a batt pull, I now have a grand total of 18.8MB app space.

I have never done a complete wipe of my phone (being uncertain how) and have installed several different releases of OS5 on my phone--I'm not sure if this would somehow drain my phone of app memory or what, but it's really bothering me.

What with all these releases of OS5 being memory leakers...it results in me having to do batt pulls all the time.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions? I'm hoping I can wait 'til the next generation of berries to upgrade, but this may drive me to a 9700 if I can't fix it!
    04-10-10 10:19 PM
    Use crackmem v3.4 or newer to wipe the phone and install the OS.

Basically it is easy to use this program.

Number one step BACK UP your APPS and DATA.. before ever doing install of a NEW OS.

Check the OS off to on the left of the screen .592 make sure you use the Official one, even betas can be used, but there is the official one out now.

Check off delete vendor file and whatever else you don't want added anymore.

Hit execute selection to execute not adding that junk stuff listed unless you want msn and so forth don't check em off.

Then hit WIPE and a box comes up telling you about typing BrickMyPhone and you need to type it like that cap letters where the cap letters are.

Then sit back awhile and it will WIPE and LOAD the OS all in one STEP, takes maybe 5 min to do.

I had 46mb free with no apps and my data on phone, then when i loaded all of apps back which alot of apps and data back i am around 33 to 34mb and holding steady until i use some apps and so forth its at around 30mb as i have used a lot in the past few hours or so.
    04-10-10 11:21 PM
    A video of a total wipe might also help ya. Check out this article:
    Guide to wiping your BlackBerry | BB Geeks
    04-10-10 11:35 PM
    You might want to check your messages and see how many you have? Try to set it to auto delete after 15 days and delete most of the ones you have right now. Also check how many memos you have?
    Remember to do a battery pull atleast once a week, maybe even when you wake up in the morning.

And if you want to install an os I would suggest checking for a hybrid on the forums here. I just installed it on my friends phone and its insanely fast

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-11-10 03:09 AM
    could this have happened due to the lower flash mem of the 9000 compared to the 9700 (256mb) Maybe the bold 1 was made for earlier operating systems????? Ya think???? I am trying to figure this out myself.
    04-12-10 02:22 PM
    I have a Bold 900 and have huge problems with a lack of App memory. I read around, and compared to others, I have virtually no other apps installed.

Aside from the core apps, I have

Third Party:
    Berry Annoying
    Google Maps
    Add-on
    BB App Centre
    Docs to Go
    Memopad
    Tasks
    Windows Live Messenger
    Word Mole

I have just uninstalled all themes and am running 5.0.0.592, and immediately after a batt pull, I now have a grand total of 18.8MB app space.

I have never done a complete wipe of my phone (being uncertain how) and have installed several different releases of OS5 on my phone--I'm not sure if this would somehow drain my phone of app memory or what, but it's really bothering me.

What with all these releases of OS5 being memory leakers...it results in me having to do batt pulls all the time.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions? I'm hoping I can wait 'til the next generation of berries to upgrade, but this may drive me to a 9700 if I can't fix it!
    I'm on at least my seventh different version of a 5.0 OS, and the only time I did a wipe was when I first moved from 4.6 to 5.0. So I'm not sure a wipe will cure what ails you.

I agree with kylecore, this sounds like you may be carrying a full 30 day load of messages, which eats up a ton of memory on 5.0. Delete all your old email, SMS, MMS (particularly with video), etc. This was my problem when I first moved to 5.0, and it gave me an extra 8 MB.

Also, if you don't use BB Messenger (can't tell), get rid of it -- it uses up a lot of space.
    04-12-10 03:10 PM
    I prefer Shrink a OS, after using CrackMem forever. I am on .554 with about 20 apps and boot up with 33MB. OS .592 has about 4MB less memory than .554 from the get go.

04-12-10 03:21 PM
    I prefer Shrink a OS, after using CrackMem forever. I am on .554 with about 20 apps and boot up with 33MB. OS .592 has about 4MB less memory than .554 from the get go.

Try the new "official" .592 in the sticky thread -- I had less memory too with the leaked .592 and got it back with this new version.

Also, I note Shrink A OS did not delete the sample pics even though I specified that it do as much.
    04-12-10 04:14 PM
    You might want to check your messages and see how many you have? Try to set it to auto delete after 15 days and delete most of the ones you have right now. Also check how many memos you have?
    Remember to do a battery pull atleast once a week, maybe even when you wake up in the morning.

And if you want to install an os I would suggest checking for a hybrid on the forums here. I just installed it on my friends phone and its insanely fast

Yes check your database sizes in the status option.

You probably have too many email messages and maybe many attachments that take up lots of space.

04-12-10 08:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD