While I have to admit that there are worse phones than my Storm, I'm gonna have to leave this awesome trash and bash conversation so that I can focus on the ultra stimulating heated debate over which is a better tractor.. John Deere or International.. over at the corner store.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-10 06:28 PM
    I use my BB for business and for my personal life. I love the music player, the apps I use work great and most were free, it's great for text and email and I like the browser...my browser is fast as h*** on wifi. But that's why I bought it. I bought it because it was the one I wanted. OP, you need to go buy another phone. You have stated the reason you complain is because you are addicted to your BB. What are you addicted to? You have stated the email sucks, the apps suck, the browser sucks....I think you sound like a child who wants to complain more than they want to fix their problem. That's just my take though.
    06-26-10 06:28 PM
    This conversation just keeps running through the mill here, disguised under one topic or another. So here's a car analogy about it.

Do you want a flashy new sports car that gets 18 mpg, or a decent sedan that gets 32 mpg? Yes, the iPhone, Droid, etc has thousands more apps, TONS better games, and the flashy "wow" factor. They also generally can't make it through a day without charging the battery. Our BB's are tried-and-true, solid technology (hence the 'it's for business' people); not nearly as many "fun" aspects, but my 9700 can last two days of heavy use... possibly another reason it's a popular business device.

They're all smart phones, but this argument is really an Apples and Oranges thing. It's pointless, and completely dependent on what each individual wants from their device. There's no right, wrong, or better answer- it's as subjective as What Color Is More Awesome
    06-26-10 06:48 PM
    The Blackberry is well known for it's business capabilities. An example of a business app is real time MLS, a professional database of real estate listings for realtors. The Blackberry with a fob key accessory can be used to open the Supra Real Estate lockboxes that are predominately used in California real estate by realtors. The iPhone doesn't have that capability.
    I stand corrected. The Iphone will have the eKey capability in August this year! Can't imagine the Android will be too far behind. Also, I found a cool business application that is available on Android and Iphone, and NOT on Blackberry. What gives, RIM? The app is called Document Scanner and it allows you take a picture of a document with your phone and create a PDF document instantly from the picture and email or post to the web. Nothing I know of on Blackberry even comes close to that. And, here's the kicker... the real bear of being a Blackberry user...the price for Android is only....$2.99! The Iphone sell the same app for...$4.99. The closest PDF app we have available on Blackberry, which doesn't do what what this app does, is Repligo or BeamReader, priced minimum at $13-$15 each! No wonder, Blackberry users are going Android!
    06-27-10 12:15 AM
    Every time I read this ridiculous comment I literally feel bad for the person that
    typed it. iPhones are "toys" but you call your phone something as vapid as a
    "berry?"
    It's true the nature of the iphone depends on its usage, but the majority of iphones are used as toys, since games are the most downloaded app category and completely dominate over the other categories. I'm sure there are some who don't use their iphones as toys, but most iphone users do.

On the other hand, most android users use their phones for productivity and tools.

Read the distimo report for more details.
    Last edited by redwanhuq; 06-27-10 at 01:37 AM.
    06-27-10 01:32 AM
    I've got all 3 platforms, plus 2 BB's, and end up usually carrying the BB 8330 for the keyboard and tethering. The Storm has faster but glitchy tethering and I could never stand carrying a touchscreen-only phone when I have to type so much. I need a real keyboard, period. Having said that, the 8330 nearly gets thrown across the room a few times a day because AutoText can't be turned off and it's so sluggish and hesitates so much.

I'm not happy with any of them, like iPhone and Android better but BB wins.

As for apps, the iPhone and Android have such an easier system for downloading. BB is such a pain about that, with all the slow steps and having to restart. To me that's more of a problem than the selection of apps; there are plenty of apps.
    06-27-10 04:29 AM
    I really do not understand all this. I truly do not.

On my BlackBerry I have:

Docs To Go Premium with PDF reader
    Google Maps
    Several games
    Tether
    Mobiscope - a webcam viewer for my home security system
    iSkoot
    Business Card Scanner
    CrackBerry Superstore
    BerryUnitConverter
    FlightView
    Dictionary.com - the app
    Ascendo Data Vault
    WiFi Transfer - to wirelessly move stuff to/from the media card
    ZonaSnap - screen capture and transfer direct to PhotoBucket
    Leave It On
    Show Me The Images - for email
    Speed Test
    The London Tube Map and route finder
    BerryWeather
    A+ World Clock
    Thompson Reuters News Pro
    Formula One app
    AddOnIs utility
    Tip Calculator
    Opera Mini 5 - but I hardly ever use this
    ExtraLight Flashlight

There's over 100Mb memory left so no stress there either.

I don't use Facebook or other social networks but the apps are there if I want them. YouTube works fine now so no app for that.

I deleted BlackBerry App World because they lost all my paid for apps and told me that they had no record of me ever buying them.

I have a 16Gb SanDisk Class 4 microSDHC card with loads of music and some documents.

Seriously, what else do I need on my phone?
    06-27-10 04:56 AM
    BB's could use better apps so that they were more appealing to consumers, but when you really think about it, BB's aren't made for the average consumers. Even though a lot of consumers are starting to purchase BB's they are still considered to be more of a business device compared to other snartphones on the market.
    06-27-10 05:46 AM
    I really do not understand all this. I truly do not.

On my BlackBerry I have:

Docs To Go Premium with PDF reader
    Google Maps
    Several games
    Tether
    Mobiscope - a webcam viewer for my home security system
    iSkoot
    Business Card Scanner
    CrackBerry Superstore
    BerryUnitConverter
    FlightView
    Dictionary.com - the app
    Ascendo Data Vault
    WiFi Transfer - to wirelessly move stuff to/from the media card
    ZonaSnap - screen capture and transfer direct to PhotoBucket
    Leave It On
    Show Me The Images - for email
    Speed Test
    The London Tube Map and route finder
    BerryWeather
    A+ World Clock
    Thompson Reuters News Pro
    Formula One app
    AddOnIs utility
    Tip Calculator
    Opera Mini 5 - but I hardly ever use this
    ExtraLight Flashlight

There's over 100Mb memory left so no stress there either.

I don't use Facebook or other social networks but the apps are there if I want them. YouTube works fine now so no app for that.

I deleted BlackBerry App World because they lost all my paid for apps and told me that they had no record of me ever buying them.

I have a 16Gb SanDisk Class 4 microSDHC card with loads of music and some documents.

Seriously, what else do I need on my phone?
    Also, I bet you could, if you wanted, to run all these apps at the same time, all open and running. Give it a go and tell us.

06-27-10 06:51 AM
    Also, I bet you could, if you wanted, to run all these apps at the same time, all open and running. Give it a go and tell us.

Not having anything else to do whilst waiting for the European Grand Prix in Valencia to start, I ran the whole lot. They all (yes all) ran including all 4 apps from Docs To Go.

At the end there were 37 apps running and I could switch between any one of them. I had 106Mb of Device Memory at the end and my Left Side Convenience Key was set to Switch Application to make getting back to the Home screen easier.

I would never have tried this had you not asked and I am absolutely f-ing amazed that it did not crash.

Try that little trick on a Jesus Phone.
    06-27-10 07:03 AM
    Not having anything else to do whilst waiting for the European Grand Prix in Valencia to start, I ran the whole lot. They all (yes all) ran including all 4 apps from Docs To Go.

At the end there were 37 apps running and I could switch between any one of them. I had 106Mb of Device Memory at the end and my Left Side Convenience Key was set to Switch Application to make getting back to the Home screen easier.

I would never have tried this had you not asked and I am absolutely f-ing amazed that it did not crash.

Try that little trick on a Jesus Phone.
    And all this with a slow "600 MHz drag-butts" processor as somebody called it in a different thread.

06-27-10 07:23 AM
    And all this with a slow "600 MHz drag-butts" processor as somebody called it in a different thread.

A man called Spike Milligan once said that it was not the $100 million phone system that was the problem, rather it was the $5 brains that answered the phones.

From "The Little Pot Boiler"
    06-27-10 07:26 AM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD