I never have much luck w/ the Neutron forum but that's not usually the case at CB, so here goes.

I'm considering buying a 64g SD card for my z10 to store additional music but want to make sure I'll be able to access it using Neutron.

When I originally set-up Neutron & tried to set-up a custom source to find my music in my LinkDrop folder, I could only access my 4 shared folders: music/videos/pics/playlists(i think). I couldn't navigate any deeper in my file system, so I ended up moving all my music from the LinkDrop folder to the main music folder using my PC.

Everything I've read makes it seem like I can use Neutron & find music absolutely anywhere on my phone by simply long pressing source & finding the location manually. Maybe this is a possibility only using an Android vs a Blackberry?

Anyone have any insight? I hate to buy a SD card & it be completely useless for my need.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-14 08:55 AM
    Hi!
    I have Neutron and a 64GB card. When you first set up Neutron you can choose the location of your music. I have sdcard/music as my folder. It will "index" what's in there and then everything is available. you should have no trouble. It's the best music player I have found!

You can also have it scan for additional music or change the location of your music at any time.
    06-06-14 09:54 AM
    If you have any trouble, the dev is very helpful via email, way more then in the forum.
    06-06-14 10:01 AM
    Yea I love the player overall vs the native app. It literally took me days to figure it out, though. Not my proudest moment as a human.

For whatever reason, I can't figure out how to set a custom music source. At least I know it's possible. I'm obviously missing something b/c when I first set it up I couldn't enter in a location, only choose from the standard share folders.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-14 11:43 AM
    Yea I love the player overall vs the native app. It literally took me days to figure it out, though. Not my proudest moment as a human.

For whatever reason, I can't figure out how to set a custom music source. At least I know it's possible. I'm obviously missing something b/c when I first set it up I couldn't enter in a location, only choose from the standard share folders.

Posted via CB10
    This is the process I followed on my Z10 when I was using it. The precess seems to be the same for my Android so it should work. If it is what you are doing now then sorry, I am out of options.

Q: I created Source to some directory with music after Neutron's installation. Can I create more Sources to link some other directories with music?
    A: Yes. Go to Playlist screen, scroll to Sources group, enter to it. In the bottom press the NEW button to invoke directory selection mode.
    06-06-14 12:40 PM
    That's the exact process I'm trying to accomplish. I long press Sources & after I press the + to add a new source, I select File Directory & this is the options I'm given. I'm not sure how to dig any deeper into my directory.

Neutron SD card question-img_20140606_145432.png
    06-06-14 02:08 PM
    That's the exact process I'm trying to accomplish. I long press Sources & after I press the + to add a new source, I select File Directory & this is the options I'm given. I'm not sure how to dig any deeper into my directory.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140606_145432.png 
Views:	153 
Size:	233.8 KB 
ID:	276553
    Tell the dev, the app had bugs last year with sd card support
    06-06-14 11:55 PM
    Did you give permission to access shared folders at startup? It should look like this

Neutron SD card question-img_20140606_222356.png
    06-07-14 12:25 AM
    Before I went & dropped any $ on a SD card, I found one in an old Storm 2 & gave it a try. It was recognized instantly as in the pic above.

Still doesn't explain why I can't navigate to other folders on my phone but that's really become a moot point since I migrated everything anyhow.

Thanks for the input from everyone. I appreciate it.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-14 09:40 AM