I tried to check my netflix account and check out the new releases but when using my blackberry it says that my ip address is from outside of canada... I most certainly am in Canada, I'm at least an hour away from the american border and I am on rogers.... cant figure this one out, also sometimes after accessing facebook via bb browser upon logging into facebook via pc it tells me there was an unfamiliar login from california....
    11-09-10 03:22 PM
    most likely the BIS/BES server you are connected to is State Side.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-10 03:26 PM
    Funny, I'm in the states, and I can't use netflix because it says I'm IN Canada.
    11-09-10 03:33 PM
    most likely the BIS/BES server you are connected to is State Side.

That's what I figured... but whyyy? it makes no sense, Canadian Carrier, Canadian Phone, heck RIM is a Canadian Company why the heck am I on an american server???
    11-09-10 03:35 PM
    That's what I figured... but whyyy? it makes no sense, Canadian Carrier, Canadian Phone, heck RIM is a Canadian Company why the heck am I on an american server???
    Because are better ;p

In all honesty i have no clue. It might be your current servers are overloaded and it it pushing your BIS/BES to the next closest one.

I know when ever i run a Ping test or Speed Test via tethering it says i am in Califor. or in the State of Washington, but i live in Ohio.... some 38 hours on the highway away....

11-09-10 03:40 PM
    My first reaction is ...

Are you using the web interface or that third party application?
    11-09-10 03:45 PM
    Moved the thread to 3rd party apps. Also tighten up your signature, it needs to be 4 lines or less. You can say all that in 4 lines

Copy of the actual rule......

Signatures are allowed, and may contain up to one external hyperlink (points to a webpage outside of CrackBerry.com), but should not be excessive in length nor contain any promotional text (enticing users to click). Traffic leaching will not be tolerated. Additional signature links are acceptable, so long as they point to pages within the CrackBerry.com site (favorite how to article, forum rules, etc.). Signatures should be small and tasteful and take up 1 - 4 lines max (including spaces) in the default font size (size 2 - nothing larger will be acceptable) (the last thing we want is to look at a forum thread and see 15 big signatures that take up all of the screen real estate). Signatures may also not contain any donation links or similar links. Moderators will determine what is acceptable or not.
    11-09-10 04:24 PM
    It's due to BIS location. I am in the US and it says canada because BIS is in Canada.

Once you login to your account and select the correct country at the bottom of the page it should fix itself.
    11-09-10 04:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD