I've had slacker for a couple of weeks and had NO problems. I really like it. Yesterday pandora came out so I tried it. Ever since I downloaded it, Slacker has quit working and pandora doesn't work either. I just keep getting java or timed out errors.

I've tried battery pulls, resetting, and deleting and re-downloading. The last thing I tried is deleting pandora and slacker and then re-installing slacker.

Is there some kind of setting I've screwed up somewhere?
    03-19-09 02:16 PM
    Do you have any backups you can reload to your BB?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-19-09 02:23 PM
    Pre-slacker back ups yes.
    03-19-09 02:31 PM
    You may need to know that I did download the latest official OS 4.5. I'm not sure if that matters
    03-19-09 02:39 PM
    Doing a Restore with DM to pre-Pandora condition shouldn't take long at all and should theoretically restore your BB to the state it was in before you had your problems.

Do another backup now in case you have added any contacts, messages etc. that you would like to selectively restore later.
    03-19-09 02:41 PM
    ok xliderrider. I'll give it a shot this evening when I don't need my phone. I have noticed some other little things with my email so maybe this will fix all. I'll let you know how it works out.

Thanks for your help.
    03-19-09 02:52 PM
    No problem. Since you are going the Restore route, you might also want to do a wipe first to get everything off your BB. Options > Security Options > General Settings, Enter > Wipe Handheld. Good luck.
    03-19-09 02:58 PM
    I have both on my Curve and have not experienced any issues. There is an update out for Slacker. I have not downloaded it yet though. I also have the 4.5 OS. I heard that Slacker was down for a bit yesterday (3/18) though. Have you tried it again today?
    03-19-09 03:24 PM
    I tried it yesterday and today multiple times.

I'm so nervous about the wipe. Never done that before.
    03-19-09 04:27 PM
    The wipe is no big deal, it only wipes personal info, contacts, and 3rd party apps off the phone. It leaves the OS intact.

Now if you really wanted a clean slate you would wipe everyting off the BB, even the OS with JL Commander then reinstall the OS, then Restore. But no need to go that drastic, yet.

03-19-09 04:31 PM
    I did end up having to wipe the berry, but that worked. Thanks so much for helping me.

You're awesome!
    03-20-09 10:07 PM
    Glad everything is working now.
    03-20-09 10:13 PM
    I'm also running slacker and pandora with no problem make sure you have the lastest os

03-20-09 10:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD