I've never installed a leaked OS before, so thought I would try as I've read
    several posts on it and it doesn't seem too difficult (I am moderately computer
    literate and can usually figure out most things).

*I downloaded BBSAK (v. 1.9.2, the newest version), asked to enter a password
    (which I don't have), click OK, and then get a java loader error of
    some sorts, and I can't get past this screen. [see attached picture below]

*I also tried using App Loader and also got a error screen for the Handheld
    Application Loader wizard, so no dice there either [see attached picture below].
    (As a side note, when I use Desktop Manager to back up my files, I often get this
    same error, but I just click it off, and proceed as normal onto the main screen for Desktop Manager).

So Crackberry people, please help! I've never used either BBSAK or App Loader
    before but I'm surprised that neither seem to be working. I'm trying to upgrade to

I'm using a 9930 on Verizon Wireless running 7.1.0.163 and
    using a Windows XP computer (my windows updates are all current).

Any suggestions please?
    Last edited by StumptownBold; 05-13-12 at 07:13 PM.
    05-13-12 07:08 PM
    Did you delete the vendor.xml files? There might be two of them.
    05-13-12 07:37 PM
    I can't even get BBSAK or App Loader to the point of loading the OS, only to where it connects to my handheld.

Do I need to open the OS seperatly (and before) using either BBSAK or App Loader? I thought this was done once you open up BBSAK or App Loader. Please help!
    05-13-12 08:01 PM
    Open one at a time. Use Loader.
    05-13-12 08:20 PM
    I tried using app loader. It gets stuck at the part where my device trys to connect. It just gets stuck on the "connecting to the device (JVM)" message....then it freezes up, gets error messages, becomes unresponsive, and I have to force quit the program.
    05-13-12 08:29 PM
    Maybe uninstall dm reboot, download dm again and install. BBSAK I think will not install OS7.
    To find and delete the vendor files click start,type cmd, enter, cd\ [enter], dir vendor.xml /s /p [enter] let it run, take note of where it finds them and go delete them from those locations and try loader or dm.
    05-13-12 08:49 PM
    Basically, BBSAK is not recognizing my device, even after a following the trouble shooting tips for such an issue.
    05-13-12 08:54 PM
    Did you try a reg cleaner? sometimes there is leftover stuff from other OS.I personally have never run into this problem but I have read that that sometimes helps in matters such as yours.Try deleting the OS you downloaded,run a cleaner,re-boot PC,re-install the OS,install bboss and then run apploader from there(delete vendor stuff though)that might help ya out.
    05-13-12 09:05 PM
    Maybe uninstall dm reboot, download dm again and install. BBSAK I think will not install OS7.
    To find and delete the vendor files click start,type cmd, enter, cd\ [enter], dir vendor.xml /s /p [enter] let it run, take note of where it finds them and go delete them from those locations and try loader or dm.

I followed these directions and found one vendor file, which I deleted.
    I started app loader again, it recognized my device,
    but then I received the same "java loader error" as before [picture in my first post]. From here, app loader just freezes up, is unresponsive, and I have to force quite the program.

What am I doing wrong? I feel like it has sometime to do more with my computer
    (windows specifically) then either BBSAK or App Loader. I read through several before
    trying all of this........

This is so odd that neither of them are working........
    05-13-12 09:06 PM
    Did you try a reg cleaner? sometimes there is leftover stuff from other OS.I personally have never run into this problem but I have read that that sometimes helps in matters such as yours.Try deleting the OS you downloaded,run a cleaner,re-boot PC,re-install the OS,install bboss and then run apploader from there(delete vendor stuff though)that might help ya out.

The only other OS I installed on this phone was OTA via a software update on the phone. I've actually never done OS install via this specific computer.

With that said, what you describe seems like A LOT of stuff to do just to get
    this to work........

(PS, when you say run a "cleaner", is this a third party app or something native
    to windows that I can run?)
    05-13-12 09:08 PM
    I was gonna tell you to try a diff PC but maybe try my suggestion above first before you resort to another PC.
    05-13-12 09:10 PM
    I was gonna tell you to try a diff PC but maybe try my suggestion above first before you resort to another PC.

Thank you. I might wait a bit to see if there is any additional feedback
    first that might save me from doing all of that, but if not, then I'll do all that.
    I know sometimes this stuff can take time, and I appreciate all the advice so far.
    05-13-12 09:12 PM
    like a free registry cleaner like ccleaner.But now I see you have only done OTA so I would definately move on to another pc if you have one available.
    05-13-12 09:14 PM
    Ok, thanks for the info. Don't really have another PC to use accept a mac, and I'm pretty sure those don't work well in these types of situations from what I've read.

Thanks again for all the advice. Maybe I just can't do this OS install at this time
    05-13-12 09:20 PM
    If BBSAK will not connect to the device, it might be because bbdevmgr.exe is running. You need to kill it before BBSAK can connect to your phone.

You mentioned that you were asked for a password. What asked you for a password? If your phone is password protected, you won't be able to connect to it with your PC. You have to know the password.

You don't need BBSAK to load the OS. Shut down BBSAK, then start DM and connect your phone. DM should recognize the OS and offer to install it. Since this is a leak, there should not be any vendor files to remove.

If DM won't install the OS, reboot the PC and try again. If you still have problems, delete all phone OSes and then reinstall only the one you want to install again. If you still have problems, deinstall DM, download the latest version and reinstall it (and the OS).

I've used DM to install 5 OS upgrades and it worked perfectly every time. (I'm using the DM 7 beta.)
    05-13-12 10:00 PM
    I use a Macbook Pro with VM Ware running Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit...and I can do leaked OS installs easily...but that's another story.

You're issue is the PC you're on. Something is either blocking the ports on the PC, or interfering with BBSAK/ Loader; it's that simple.

Either you'll need another PC, or you'll have to install VM Ware (or Parallels Desktop) and Windows. Both are excellent products. Your other option is to format and re-install Windows on your PC, because trying to troubleshoot your issue may very well take you much, much longer and may not even work in the end...just sayin'....
    05-13-12 10:07 PM
    Thank you. I'll try that advice and report back. Not sure if I'll do that tonight, but will do very soon. Thank you.
    05-13-12 10:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD