I am in dire need of a soccer (football for you englishmen) app to give me the latest score updates from around the world. I know this might be asking alot but if someone knows about something like this that would be compatible with my storm, please please let me know!.

and if anyone could possibly create this app i would pay a reasonable amount for it if it could include rosters, schedules, and trade updates aswell.
    05-17-09 07:50 PM
    I would love an app like that. For the 8330!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-17-09 10:39 PM
    I get my EPL updates from m.goal.com
    05-17-09 11:42 PM
    I am in dire need of a soccer (football for you englishmen) app to give me the latest score updates from around the world. I know this might be asking alot but if someone knows about something like this that would be compatible with my storm, please please let me know!.

and if anyone could possibly create this app i would pay a reasonable amount for it if it could include rosters, schedules, and trade updates aswell.
    That would be a toughie... demand on all. Something like the Smartflix app that updated on a regular basis.
    05-18-09 01:40 AM
    That would be a toughie... demand on all. Something like the Smartflix app that updated on a regular basis.
    yeah i also know there's an app for iphones called something like "my football" or something that I'm pretty much basing this entire idea off of, so it can be done, just hasn't been done for a blackberry yet.
    05-18-09 06:12 AM
    Maybe Viigo? It does have a sports section.
    05-18-09 08:21 AM
    Viigo didn't have much in the way of football I found but I'd be pretty happy with this especially regular access to league tables and so on - however, as an alternative, I have found that subscribing to BBC sport on Twitter and your clubs own Twitter account is quite handy for getting regular updates.

I'll post a screenshot as an example:

I found this useful at the weekend when I was in Ireland with no access to watching the Rangers V Aberdeen game, and then when trying to find out how Celtic were getting on against Hibernian... thankfully they all but handed us the league and I was able to know this despite access to the game on tv!

BBC Sport:

Obviously it's not exactly what you were looking for but I find it very useful as an alternative by using one of the twitter clients available for blackberry. Hope it helps.
    Last edited by beambeam; 05-18-09 at 11:58 AM. Reason: Inserted wrong image... amended.
    05-18-09 11:43 AM
    I've found that the soccernet site on the espn.com mobile site is actually quite good. You have to learn your way around it, but you can get scores, tables, news, and even a live gamecast for most of the major leagues around the world (at least Europe for sure). Just go to espn.com from your BB, click on soccer (under the other sports section) and that will take you to their soccernet site. I just bookmarked it so that I can get to it quickly.
    Last edited by rliebert; 05-20-09 at 10:23 AM. Reason: typo
    05-18-09 12:05 PM
    depends what league you want but theres no better than just typing bbc.co.uk/sport into your phone
    05-18-09 03:23 PM
    I've found that the soccernet site on the espn.com mobile site is actually quite good. You have to learn your way around it, but you can get scores, tables, news, and even a live gamecast for most of the major leagues around the world (at least Europe for sure). Just to espn.com from your BB, click on soccer (under the other sports section) and that will take you to their soccernet site. I just bookmarked it so that I can get to it quickly.
    I also noticed with that site there's an option to install a soccernet icon to your BlackBerry.
    05-20-09 10:20 AM
    i wanna find a way to get this app for my storm 1 or 8530

[URl it was an app for BBC [/URL]
    Last edited by stuffing; 05-12-10 at 12:33 PM.
    04-23-10 12:57 PM
    I use Viigo for all of my soccer updates for the EPL, La Liga, Serie A. Also I can specialize for whatever tms I want to follow, news, score updates, and schedules.

04-23-10 01:04 PM
    we are in much need of a decent soccer app, similar to the iphones Sky Sports app would be brilliant. ScoreMobile is not use to me as it doesn't offer Scottish, Spanish, German, French etc.

in the mean time, I personally use cocomama, a search engine designed for mobile access. the livescores and results sections are kept up to the minute and gives scores from all around the world (if anyone's interested, Sengkang Punggol FC are currently losing 1-0 to Etoile FC in the Singapore league)

very useful for fans of football or anyone who likes to bet on games.
    05-12-10 08:11 AM
    Lots of themes, but there's a few apps in there too.... (and the World Cup 2010 App is on sale right now!)....

BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry Store
    05-12-10 10:19 AM
    we totally need apps like these ones. I dont get why there so many for the iphone but all most none for the blackberry. isnt there more blackberrys out there then iphones??

Five apps you must have on your iPhone for FIFA World Cup 2010

world-cup-south-africa-20101With just about three weeks to go before the first kick-off in South Africa this FIFA World Cup, football fever is catching on and people are gearing up to cheer their favorite teams. For the love of the game, I’m sure that football enthusiasts wouldn’t want to be left out of the loop. The last World Cup didn’t have the iPhone around, but this time make sure that you follow the tournament right on your device itself. Here is a list of five apps that should be a handy companion this June:

ESPN 2010 FIFA World Cup (ESPN) - This app is pretty much all you need to keep a pulse on all that happens on and off the field. From news and analysis to profiles and schedules, ESPN has got the World Cup covered for us.

World Soccer Anthems (Mercl LLC) - Where else can we get the national anthems of the 32 participating nations in one collection? World Soccer Anthems features the anthems in the respective countries’ languages and also in English. So go ahead, sing along with the rest of the world this World Cup.

South Africa 2010 tracker (cbscd) - As the app is named, this is a great way to follow what’s happening in South Africa this World Cup. It keeps us updated on the latest scores and schedule. What makes it a must-have app is the search feature that makes accessing information so much easier.

World Cup Predictions (Andrews & Zybeck) - For those of us who will be laying bets on the teams or simply want to know who will probably win, I’m sure that we can do with a little helping hand. Along comes World Cup Predictions with a special formula to give us the best odds.

World Cup Schedule (Mahango) - I like the whole look of this app. World Cup Schedule gives us more information than just the schedule, and should stand us in good stead throughout the tournament with updates.
    05-19-10 03:38 PM
    1st things 1st, its football
    2nd who is following rangers on bbc twitter? Poor choice of club

We need a football app, skysports would need to be behind it as they have the rights to all the football

For now I have bbc football, live score.com, oddschecker/football, and others saved to favs which works fine but we need an mlb style app for football

It would sell good as well

05-19-10 06:17 PM
    i just want the ESPN world cup app that thing rocks
    05-19-10 06:47 PM
    goal.com !!
    06-09-10 11:57 AM
    I have scoremobile fc with a kewl theme. Heard about it here and got it free at bb app world.

06-09-10 12:08 PM
    Hi,

try this one at: sport2online com

live line ups, match statistics, result table, supports - English, German, Spanish, Italian, French, Russian.

best wishes,
    --
    alex
    08-13-10 07:39 AM
    Look at ScoreMobile FC on AppWorld. I'm a big fan of it - I can get EPL and about a dozen other countries on it. The price (free) is right, and the developers are helpful.
    08-14-10 02:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD