I just got peeKaWho v1.17 on my verizon BB 8330.

I don't get a popup for SMS. I do get a popup for missed call. The LED just continously blinks for SMS or missed call. Have to go into application and turn the new little "flashlight" on and off to turn off LED. I've read others having this issue...but have not been able to find a "fix".

any help would be appreciated!!

Thanks
    11-29-08 10:11 AM
    I believe they are working on it. That came up just before Thanksgiving so I'm sure they will get onto it once the holiday weekend is over.
    11-29-08 11:21 AM
    I was testing this by sending myself an SMS. My son sent me one and everything worked as it is supposed to. Guess you need some help testing this thing....
    11-29-08 12:19 PM
    I'm having troubles with SMS too but mine is a bit different. While using the 10 day trial it would popup the notice about a SMS and if selected would open to my SMS in box (I have my email and SMS in separate boxes). Now that I have bought PeekAWho when I select open it opens the "Messages" in box where there are no SMS listed due to them being separated.
    12-02-08 04:40 PM
    3rd party apps cannot access the sms inbox.
    12-02-08 06:28 PM
    If you contact Smrtguard, they will provide you a solution if one is available. They have excellent customer support.
    12-02-08 07:52 PM
    I emailed Smrtguard about that and was told that RIM will not allow them access to SMS box. So...that's that.
    12-02-08 10:02 PM
    I have a problem with the LED not turning off either. I read the "manual" they provided as link when you click on the "help" option in the menu - useless.

It seems to just go for the default 15 minutes. I did check & uncheck the option for "LED timer off" - it makes no difference. I'll wait a few days for an upgrade and nothing happens I'll shoot 'em an email. I'll check back here and post the solution if an upgrade doesn't fix it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-08 10:12 PM
    3rd party apps cannot access the sms inbox.
    thats so weird that more people arnt pissed off by that. i searched a bit on the forums and theres discussion here and there, but i figured a fair amount of ppl separate there sms msgs. so i mean its nice for the emails but its almost more of a tease for the smss bc you cant click over to them anyway.

i do like that it makes the screen light up tho mayb ill just use it for that and just annoyingly x out of peekawho and go open the sms box....annoying...
    12-03-08 04:02 AM
    I have peek-a-who and LOVE it.... BBAlerts caused my LED to never shut off, but PAW worked flawlessly... so much so I bought it.

Here are my settings.. hope this helps:

Everything is checked and popup autofade is set to 40

I do not have Popup only email from section checked

No pop up when on app:
    messages (messages window)

that's it.

when you check off Enable SMS popup you save it and then turn off the bb, do a batt pull and then put it all back together and turn on. Perfecto! (at least for me)
    12-03-08 09:59 AM
    I have peek-a-who and LOVE it.... BBAlerts caused my LED to never shut off, but PAW worked flawlessly... so much so I bought it.

Here are my settings.. hope this helps:

Everything is checked and popup autofade is set to 40

I do not have Popup only email from section checked

No pop up when on app:
    messages (messages window)

that's it.

when you check off Enable SMS popup you save it and then turn off the bb, do a batt pull and then put it all back together and turn on. Perfecto! (at least for me)
    When you say "everything is checked" - do you also mean all of the options on Peek-a-lab also? The problems I'm having are with the LED light. The only mention of LED is in peek-a-lab. What are your settings there and what happens when you get an email / sms?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-03-08 11:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD