Hi all,

I come to you a broken man. Well, not really, but upgrading from my Pearl has been rough. I love the Tour (mostly) but finding apps that work is a pain...

Anyway I kindly ask if anyone knows of apps they can suggest that fit these requirements:

App #1:

HOURLY weather app. I like having daily forecasts as well, but I have yet to find a weather app that shows you the HOURLY forecast, as in, at 1 pm, 70 degrees, 2pm 72 degrees, 3pm 72 degrees, etc. I've tired:

BerryWeather (only shows hours in 2-3 hour increments)
    JournalBar (has a weather app built in, but not hourly)
    WeatherEye (No hourly)

WeatherBug - This one actually does have an hourly forecast. However it is very slow and unintuitive, requires multiple clicks to get to the forecast, and has to be manually updated each time - plus it seems to have ads.

Are there any other options out there that work automatically with Hourly updates?

App # 2:

A full HTML email viewer. I know the Tour has one sort of built in, but it never formats correctly, and images have to be downloaded manually EACH time, with a warning screen to go through to boot. On my Pearl, I used:

Empower HTML Email Viewer PRO

Which worked wonders. However, it's not working on my tour - I have to manually toggle HMTL/Images on for each message, and the images doen;t seem to always load to boot. Support was no help, and their site now says it's only supported on devices running "up to 4.5". Are there any other comparable options? I really liked this app.

Thanks so, so much for your time, advice and help.
    08-04-09 02:07 PM
    I would KILL for an e-mail app that allows me to see HTML properly on the Tour...without DL-ing images manually. Damn the "security feature".
    08-04-09 06:11 PM
    I was going to suggest weatherbug, but you've been having issues with that one. I don't have ads on mine, but I might have paid for it...
    08-04-09 06:13 PM
    I was going to suggest weatherbug, but you've been having issues with that one. I don't have ads on mine, but I might have paid for it...
    Maybe I haven't played with it enough. For me, I have to click on my city, then the day itself, then it shows the hourly forecast. PRoblem is, each click is slow and it doesn't seem to update automatically....I'll try playing with it more and report back. Also you;re right, there is a paid version.

Still not as sleek as BerryWeather, wouldn't mind having this feature implemented in that app....

As for HTML email with images, is anyone running a 3rd party app that does this? Empower is NOT working on my tour. I need my HTML email with images please !
    08-06-09 11:38 PM
    You can set up Weatherye to update every 30 minutes or 1 hour. So, I am not sure why you think you don't get hourly weather.

But, I do know of a RSS feed that gives an excellent hourly weather update. It's called Weather Underground and it gives temperature, humidity, pressure, conditions, wind direction, and wind speed. If you use Google Reader or Newsgator or even Viigo, this is a great weather feed to subscribe to. You'll get about 24-30 posts a day.

I got a shortcut in my Quicklaunch that brings up my Google Reader in the browser and I can get that info almost as quick as a weather app.

As for HTML email viewer, is there any option out there that doesn't cost at least $30? I don't mind paying a few bucks, but at that price, I'll just read my email on my Ipod Touch.
    08-07-09 02:24 AM
    Trjnberry, he/she is wanting an hourly forecast not hourly "updates".

OP, I think weatherbug elite is about as close as your going to get at the moment.

I don't know about the html e-mail app but that is something I would defiantly be interested in aswell.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-09 03:41 AM
    Trjnberry, he/she is wanting an hourly forecast not hourly "updates".
    Sorry. Didn't know there was a difference.
    08-07-09 03:51 AM
    Ok, I get it now. Ahh, it's late!
    08-07-09 03:53 AM
    I know this isn't exactly a weather app, but for the hourly forecast I use QuickLaunch and have a shortcut set to:

http://www.accuweather.com/m/en-us/N...33/Hourly.aspx

I also have shortcuts for current conditions and various animated radar images.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-09 08:33 AM
    I finallly took BerryWeather off my Tuur and dL BBWeather. Seem to be accurate and update without lagging. The icon is nice, plus it's free. ps I didn't request my money back on BW hoping eventually they wil weave out all the bugs before I put it back on my Tour, if I decide to go back... but that remains to be seen.
    Last edited by maxxgrl; 08-07-09 at 08:51 AM.
    08-07-09 08:49 AM
    I finallly took BerryWeather off my Tuur and dL BBWeather. Seem to be accurate and update without lagging. The icon is nice, plus it's free. ps I didn't request my money back on BW hoping eventually they wil weave out all the bugs before I put it back on my Tour, if I decide to go back... but that remains to be seen.
    Bump.

How does that link work? Which of the folders do I put onto my phone?
    09-12-09 09:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD