Not 100% sure where I should be posting this, so Mods, please, if this is in the wrong section, feel free to move it

I did search and couldn't find an answer.

I did a wipe and restore (per VZW tech support (I know, I know, they're not that bright, but did it so I could honestly say I did it when I call back to complain about the same issues (excessive dropped calls, locking up, needing to do a battery pull every few hours, end key falling off))

I did my backup beforehand via DM on a friends computer. Did traditional backup, as well as 3rd party backup via Device Switch Wizard (per Crucials tutorial, the same way I've always done it when I backup (extra precaution))

Problem is, I can't find the folder anywhere. Searched all files/drives/etc, hidden and not, and cannot find the folder. Found the <PIN>.alx file, but no folder. No big deal, but then my phone craps out on me, and I lost a bunch of apps, without a backup folder, just the .alx file from today.

Is there anyway to restore these apps using the .alx file created by Device Switch Wizard, or am I screwed? I was able to get some of these back from Mobihand, but others were free giveaways here on CB, and I don't feel right asking for another free copy, even if I did get 1 to begin with.

Any and all help on this would be greatly appreciated!!
    10-18-09 07:47 PM
    you should be able to restore through desktop manager. go to app loader, then add/remove applicaitons, then browse and point to the saved alx file
    10-18-09 09:43 PM
    you should be able to restore through desktop manager. go to app loader, then add/remove applicaitons, then browse and point to the saved alx file
    I've tried that. It didn't restore the apps the phone deleted on its own

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-18-09 11:57 PM

Problem is, I can't find the folder anywhere. Searched all files/drives/etc, hidden and not, and cannot find the folder. Found the <PIN>.alx file, but no folder. No big deal, but then my phone craps out on me, and I lost a bunch of apps, without a backup folder, just the .alx file from today.

If you did not copy the files out of this folder prior to cancelling the device switch wizard, also per Curcials tutorial, then the files are gone.
    10-19-09 05:59 AM
    For future 3rd party backups i suggest you download and use BBSAK!
    10-19-09 06:28 AM

If you did not copy the files out of this folder prior to cancelling the device switch wizard, also per Curcials tutorial, then the files are gone.
    To clarify: This isn't my first time doing a 3rd party backup. I do it every time I back up my phone (usually every 1-2 weeks, this time it went 3 weeks) and was an early adopter of the Storm (11/21/08). I've had to do Device Switches several times for replacement units. The process is not foreign to me.
    For some reason DM didn't create a folder for this back up, and before I could attempt to do another 3rd party backup, the device "died". After a hard reset and several battery pulls I was able to get it to work again. However, since I couldn't try to backup 3rd party apps again, and DM didn't create the folder the 1st time around for some reason, I'm now asking if I've lost any chance of getting these apps back or if I'm just SOL.

For future 3rd party backups i suggest you download and use BBSAK!
    I'll look into BBSAK as an option for the future, however, I really need a solution for the present.
    10-19-09 11:36 PM
    To clarify: This isn't my first time doing a 3rd party backup. I do it every time I back up my phone (usually every 1-2 weeks, this time it went 3 weeks) and was an early adopter of the Storm (11/21/08). I've had to do Device Switches several times for replacement units. The process is not foreign to me.
    For some reason DM didn't create a folder for this back up, and before I could attempt to do another 3rd party backup, the device "died". After a hard reset and several battery pulls I was able to get it to work again. However, since I couldn't try to backup 3rd party apps again, and DM didn't create the folder the 1st time around for some reason, I'm now asking if I've lost any chance of getting these apps back or if I'm just SOL.

I'll look into BBSAK as an option for the future, however, I really need a solution for the present.
    If the backup didnt save and it is nowhere on your PC then there is nothing you can do but to re-download apps from where you purchased them.

Sorry man but if it didnt save, they are gone.
    10-20-09 12:01 AM
    bbsak ftw
    10-20-09 12:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD