I just got QuickLaunch for my Curve 8530 (OS 5.0.0.886) and almost immediately upon installing it I had an update to QL 3.7.1. So I performed the update and started to setup my shortcuts, which was going smoothly until I got fed up with my backlight shutting itself off. So I clicked the "Stay Lit" option and it popped up a box that said it would stay lit until QL was accessed again, but now I can't open QL at all and my backlight is stuck on.

I'm waiting for it to reboot from a reset now, but is anyone else having this problem?
    05-05-11 01:03 PM
    Are you trying to open QL via the shortcut, a convenience key, or from clicking on the app itself? This problem has been discussed before in this forum. I think one person said they had to reopen the app from clicking on the app itself. You might want to look for other treads regarding this problem.
    05-05-11 01:43 PM
    Are you trying to open QL via the shortcut, a convenience key, or from clicking on the app itself? This problem has been discussed before in this forum. I think one person said they had to reopen the app from clicking on the app itself. You might want to look for other treads regarding this problem.
    Thanks for the reply BB Musketeers!

I did look around the forums, but I didn't find anything that helped and nothing when I searched for the QL version

But I was trying to launch it by clicking the icon first, then tried the keyboard shortcut... Neither worked

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-11 01:49 PM
    I just got QuickLaunch for my Curve 8530 (OS 5.0.0.886) and almost immediately upon installing it I had an update to QL 3.7.1. So I performed the update and started to setup my shortcuts, which was going smoothly until I got fed up with my backlight shutting itself off. So I clicked the "Stay Lit" option and it popped up a box that said it would stay lit until QL was accessed again, but now I can't open QL at all and my backlight is stuck on.

I'm waiting for it to reboot from a reset now, but is anyone else having this problem?
    I tried to use "stay lit" a second time and had the same thing happen where QL doesn't respond, leaving my backlight stuck on. I've tried opening QL via the home screen icon, the Blackberry menu as well as the keyboard shortcut but nothing opens it and I end up having to reset my device.

I've also been having problems with App World since installing QL if anyone knows if that might having something to do with it. You can read more about that here.

Thanks again!
    05-06-11 10:49 PM
    I'm having a very similar problem with my 9700 after upgrading to OS6. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm assuming there is an obvious fix to this and we have just missed it since we are the only ones who seem to be having the issue, but I've gotten so frustrated trying to figure it out that I have no problem asking for help....lol
    06-02-11 07:18 PM
    I'm having a very similar problem with my 9700 after upgrading to OS6. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm assuming there is an obvious fix to this and we have just missed it since we are the only ones who seem to be having the issue, but I've gotten so frustrated trying to figure it out that I have no problem asking for help....lol
    I had previously gone in circles with QL support on the matter and three versions later the "stay lit" problem was still occurring. By that time support more or less gave up since I was apparently the "only" one having the problem as according to them, they've had no other complaints on the matter.

It was also not responding to the shortcut I set for it to open quite frequently, but that problem seemed to come and go without rhyme or reason LOL!

But thanks for your post because I just upgraded from my 8530 that this was happening to, to a 9650 OS6. I haven't downloaded QL to it yet to see if it has the same problem (because MobiHand is telling me to DL the same version as my 8530 OS5), but if it still occurs on your device, then chances are it will on mine as well
    06-03-11 01:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD