On the S2, ever since the .428 update, I now get this error randomly after a battery pull:

I have City ID and when this happens, City ID will not display the number info on the main call screen, but once I have either answered or missed the call, I will see the city and state either in the Messages folder or in the call log. I have double checked the City ID permissions and all are set to allow. However, my phone app's permissions are what I need to confirm - so can some of you please look into your Options> applications> Core> Phone and let me know what your default permissions are set to? Does anyone else get this error and if so, anyone know of a fix?

Huge thanks in advance!
    01-11-10 11:00 AM
    on rare occassion I get this error as well. I don't know what it is and I don't know of a fix for it. I've kept my S2 settings as they were from the moment I got my phone. I'm on Verizon as well. My ver is 5.0.0 but does not show my default permissions for the Apps>Core>Phone. I also do NOT have City ID.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-10 12:09 PM
    interesting reading - too complicated for someone like me but can someone knowledgeable out there comment on this? which app could be causing this?

Random application crash--net_rim_bb_phone_app(65)... - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

similar error on the 8900:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f100/an...tached-388014/
    Last edited by kazmi; 01-11-10 at 02:46 PM.
    01-11-10 02:39 PM
    on rare occassion I get this error as well. I don't know what it is and I don't know of a fix for it. I've kept my S2 settings as they were from the moment I got my phone. I'm on Verizon as well. My ver is 5.0.0 but does not show my default permissions for the Apps>Core>Phone. I also do NOT have City ID.

if you don't mind, could you list what 3rd party apps you have on your S2? I really think this has to do with how a 3rd party app interacts with the phone application and some of the apps just dont play nice....
    01-11-10 03:51 PM
    if you don't mind, could you list what 3rd party apps you have on your S2? I really think this has to do with how a 3rd party app interacts with the phone application and some of the apps just dont play nice....
    sure no problem. Here's my short list. I don't keep many at all.
    Mobi Hand App
    Bolt 1.04
    CB
    CNN
    Google Maps
    WABC 7togo
    Mobi Pocket Reader
    Opera Mini 4.2
    Poynt 1.4.2.72
    USA Today

That's it!

01-11-10 07:13 PM
    I too get this error.
    Of your Apps I only have google maps and Poynt.

Out of curiosity, when you installed 428 did you shrink it? I did.
    I find it odd that different devices all share the same error. But a lot of is users use shrink an OS. Maybe we deleted something that causes the error?

01-11-10 07:40 PM
    I never installed the leak .428. I'm waiting till Verizon releases an official. I'm still running the .320 OS.

01-11-10 07:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD