Hey everyone, it took me as few days to notice, but since I have downloaded 517, I now get no pictures in my email and no pictures in Viigo. I have already checked message options> email settings>download images automatically is set to yes and enable HTML Email is set to yes. Same with Viigo, everything is set to yes.

Any ideas?
    Bad install?

Thanks for your help.
    03-23-10 05:38 PM
    When you reinstalled viigo, did you reload the .cod files or did you download it again? I would delete and download again. Make sure its v 3.1.507

As for email, you have to menu > get images again for each sender (should just have to do it once for each sender if you check the pop up box not to ask again)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-23-10 09:48 PM
    I installed 517 a couple days ago and am having the same problems. I don't know if the email and viigo issues are related or just coincidence. it's not an issue with "get images", it's more the email doesn't have images. Email received before update have lost all images and sending service books does nothing. Images in browser and MMS work fine. Reloading OS possible but a headache as I have to use a friends PC while mine is fried.

03-27-10 05:29 PM
    Do you have the "Show me the Images" app? THe one that automatically download attachements and images from email? I have the same problem in ArrSS and email after installing "Show me the Images". I thought it was OS 517, but I think it's this app. I'm going to test by uninstalling and reinstalling the apps first.
    03-27-10 09:06 PM
    any answer yet?
    03-27-10 09:29 PM
    For those who are having trouble, did you wipe and than load 517 or did you upgrade from a previous OS?

Had someone report a similar problem with the hybrid earlier this week, the person wiped the phone, reinstalled the OS, and the problem went away.

Hope this may help
    03-27-10 09:49 PM
    No image related apps at all. I just upgraded, but a full wipe and load may be needed. Thankfully OS installs on 9550 not as painfully slow as 8330. I'll just take my friend a case of beer and hijack his PC for the day, do this the right way.

03-27-10 10:42 PM
    Yea Im thinking you need a full wipe. Anytime you upgrade from DM, erase the old OS from your computer.
    03-27-10 10:45 PM
    Do you have the "Show me the Images" app? THe one that automatically download attachements and images from email? I have the same problem in ArrSS and email after installing "Show me the Images". I thought it was OS 517, but I think it's this app. I'm going to test by uninstalling and reinstalling the apps first.
    I'm using that app also, no problems on this end.
    03-27-10 10:49 PM
    I just uninstalled "show me". I was still having the problem with "Arr". I installed 517 using MCP. I don't recall if I selected the full wipe option. Guess I will have to do it again.

Last edited by croldan72; 03-29-10 at 09:14 AM.
    03-28-10 07:55 AM
    I think it is a problem with Viigo. I uninstalled Viigo, and then re-installed it and all is back to normal. Pics are back in my email and Viigo again.

Try that and see if it works for you.
    03-29-10 08:43 AM
    I tried a reinstall when the issue first showed. I just finished wiping and reloading and still no images. Of course I didnt check images in e-mail before installing viigo, maybe I should have. Gonna uninstall viigo again, wipe once more if I have to, then back to stock OS.
    03-30-10 04:59 PM
    Looks to all be working now. Gonna have to keep an eye on images as I install other apps, see if anything else kills them.
    03-30-10 05:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD