I got the invite, and set up my account and got my gvoice number. I went to the m.google.com/voice website and my account is there, but I got no option to download an app for my 9550.
    I have read most of the info on the site, but still cannot figure out how and where to get the app for my phone.
    My only option is to get on via my browser.

One place told me the phone had to be in emulation mode, and I have no idea how to do that or what it does.

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong, and/or where and how to get the app.

Thanks,
    Errol
    Last edited by Rayxxxle; 04-09-10 at 09:44 AM.
    04-09-10 09:42 AM
    I got the invite, and set up my account and got my gvoice number. I went to the m.google.com/voice website and my account is there, but I got no option to download an app for my 9550.
    I have read most of the info on the site, but still cannot figure out how and where to get the app for my phone.

One place told me the phone had to be in emulation mode, and I have no idea how to do that or what it does.

Thanks,
    Errol
    an alternate voice mail basically. Just uses call forwarding from your provider to their service if you elect to use your number. If you choose one of theirs, goto m.google.com/voice to download, then there are some additional calling features. This is a "Vonage" type service without the fees.

I have it, but don't see using it much for now. Could come in handy someday. More hype than anything else for now. IMO
    Last edited by dkingsf; 04-09-10 at 10:10 AM.
    04-09-10 10:06 AM

Thanks,
    Errol
    open your blackberry default browser>menu button>browser configuration>browser identification>firefox> save and then go to m.google.com/voice and you will be able to download. When you are finished change the browser identification back to blackberry
    04-09-10 10:06 AM
    In browser options>general options>browser configuration>firefox or internet explorer

Once emulation (browser I'd) is changed you should be able to make the download.

Enjoy. If you like GV half as much as I do you will have a fine experience.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-09-10 10:08 AM
    Ahhh! Compatability mode = change to firefox or IE, now I understand.

Changed to Firefox Downloaded the program, went to sign in (gives me a sign in screen), and everything is frozen. It wont let me enter anything. Rebooted, same problem. Deleted it, rebooted. Changed Browser to IE downloaded program again, same problem. Rebooted, same problem.
    What am I doing wrong?

By the way, thanks for the help.

Errol
    04-09-10 11:46 AM
    Ahhh! Compatability mode = change to firefox or IE, now I understand.

Changed to Firefox Downloaded the program, went to sign in (gives me a sign in screen), and everything is frozen. It wont let me enter anything. Rebooted, same problem. Deleted it, rebooted. Changed Browser to IE downloaded program again, same problem. Rebooted, same problem.
    What am I doing wrong?

By the way, thanks for the help.

Errol
    Go to options>applications>highlight google voice>menu button and disable compatibility mode
    04-09-10 11:51 AM
    Hydroz,

Thanks so much, that got it.

One more question if you have time. when I bring up a contact, then use the menu and select call using google voice, it dials an access number (which I understand it using), but then dials some number in a different area code. Well I just got a call from a neighbor, and undoubtably it called his number when I was trying to call my home phone.

Any idea what is happening there? I just did a battery pull and will see if that helps.

Thanks again,

Errol
    Last edited by Rayxxxle; 04-09-10 at 01:21 PM.
    04-09-10 01:19 PM
    Battery pull, reboot seems to have fixed it. Made two calls and they went to the right number. We will see.

Thanks to all who helped.

Errol
    04-09-10 03:10 PM
    I also use gvoice app. the problem i'm running into is when i close the app completely so its not running in the background, it will make my 9550 crash once in awhile.

I am using the lastest version.

do all of you leave it running?
    I also noticed when its running, it duplicates the processes running in the background - seen with "kisses App"
    04-09-10 06:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD