Ever since i installed this yesterday, i have been getting un caught exception error, so much so that i cant even get into the options menu and it says the same thing.
    Did atleast 20 batt pulls each time to do one activity or the other.
    The Gmail mobile app or any other app like Opera Mini 5 beta is not working citing " cross application communication" not allowed.
    I have un installed the gmaps app and things are ok - not too sure how to get V3.0 [the previous vertsion which worked ok]

more wierd was that, each batter pull ensured that i start off with the standard wallpaper [the globe one] - it overrides the user chosen wall paper !!!

i cant do multiple OS installs since im on BES and it takes time to get a EA password each time and i rely on the trusted 8900 for my emails and calls !!
    10-24-09 03:42 AM
    Ever since i installed this yesterday, i have been getting un caught exception error, so much so that i cant even get into the options menu and it says the same thing.
    Did atleast 20 batt pulls each time to do one activity or the other.
    The Gmail mobile app or any other app like Opera Mini 5 beta is not working citing " cross application communication" not allowed.
    I have un installed the gmaps app and things are ok - not too sure how to get V3.0 [the previous vertsion which worked ok]

more wierd was that, each batter pull ensured that i start off with the standard wallpaper [the globe one] - it overrides the user chosen wall paper !!!

i cant do multiple OS installs since im on BES and it takes time to get a EA password each time and i rely on the trusted 8900 for my emails and calls !!
    This sounds like you have run up against your company's IT Policy on your BlackBerry. The interdiction on "cross application communication" is certainly that.

As to Google Maps, 3.2 all I can say is that it runs fine on my phone so I suspect the IT Policy once more. You need to talk to your IT Dept. about just what they have done that is preventing this. Maybe you should try BlackBerry Maps.
    10-24-09 04:00 AM
    Pete : thanks for the response. I have checked and there are no restrictions since i was also using GMaps well with V3.0
    i also forgot to mention that i was running .206 - now i ahve moved to .314
    [5] and am reactivating the enterprise configuration, hope that resolves the issue.

will seek help should i need any further, thanks again
    10-24-09 05:16 AM
    very wierd !!
    upgraded to .314 [5] and apps like twitterberry, facebook 1.7 etc., work but not any of the google apps - google mobile app, gmail, gmaps !!
    all of them say, network issues
    i have checked application permissions, checked browser settings, spoken to the IT guys to know that there arent any restrictions !!

not too sure if its a 5 OS issue cos on 4.6 i had the V3.0.2 running but 3.2.0 did not !!!!

any inputs may help
    10-24-09 10:21 AM
    I had similar problems on my 8900, and Google Mobile App stopped also stopped working after installing Google Maps 3.2.0.

Resending the service books solved all my problems and Google Maps 3.2.0 works just fine now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-24-09 03:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD