I'm looking for the best threaded SMS app. Can anyone help me? Please All help is appreciated!
    05-31-10 10:44 PM
    05-31-10 10:48 PM
    CrunchSMS is amazing. And free.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-01-10 05:18 AM
    I use empower threaded sms, and that works great. It has a free trial, and has 2 themes you can choose from, you have to download them, there is a bubble theme, and a classic theme. It is on sale thru today, june 1st.

The classic theme, you can change colors, do all sorts of things to mix it up.

What is nice about using empower threaded sms, is if you buy their SMS pop up, the 2 programs work together, so if you hit reply, it will open up the threaded sms, not the native sms one. Also, with the sms pop up, you can choose from the pop up to reply, forward, call, mark read, delete, or cancel the message. Cancel just closes the box and will leave the indicator on and light blinking. The new features of sms pop up, that others dont have is if you select mark read, the LED light will stop blinking, and the notification icon will go off, if you hit delete, the same will happen and it will delete the message.

I strongly encourage you to try the free trials out on empower, sms pop up and empower threaded sms together make a great texting combo.

Here is the link to empower threaded sms..

Empower Threaded SMS - Communication & Internet BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store

Use this link for better description, above is where it is on sale thru today.

Threaded SMS for Blackberry Bold, Curve, Storm, Pearl, Tour, 8800 etc.

Here is the link to sms pop up...

SMS Popup Alert for Blackberry Bold, Curve, Tour, Storm, Pearl, 8800 - GetEmpower.com

Also, if you get cruch sms or empower threaded sms, you will have to go into options, security, firewall and select block sms, or you will get 2 notifications everytime you get a text. Empower will tell you this when you download it.
    Last edited by trucksmoveamerica; 06-01-10 at 08:54 AM.
    06-01-10 08:46 AM

Last I checked, this one wont work with 5.0 OS. The empower threaded SMS will, and is cheaper.
    06-01-10 08:47 AM
    What is nice about using empower threaded sms, is if you buy their SMS pop up, the 2 programs work together, so if you hit reply, it will open up the threaded sms, not the native sms one.
    I would recommend crunchSMS and leave it on, leave it on will open crunchSMS when you click the popups.

Also, with the sms pop up, you can choose from the pop up to reply, forward, call, mark read, delete, or cancel the message. Cancel just closes the box and will leave the indicator on and light blinking. The new features of sms pop up, that others dont have is if you select mark read, the LED light will stop blinking, and the notification icon will go off, if you hit delete, the same will happen and it will delete the message.

That one leave it on won't do.

Also, if you get cruch sms or empower threaded sms, you will have to go into options, security, firewall and select block sms, or you will get 2 notifications everytime you get a text.
    Yup

All in all, I personally prefer crunchsms to empower threadedsms. But check both out
    06-01-10 11:06 AM
    Thank you guys I'm deff going to check them out. Does Empower Threaded SMS work with Berry Buzz?
    06-01-10 11:33 AM
    Also, is there a way of changing the APP name? So it doesn't show up as "threaded SMS" on the blackberry?
    06-01-10 11:43 AM
    Thank you guys I'm deff going to check them out. Does Empower Threaded SMS work with Berry Buzz?
    Empower does not work with berry buzz yet. That is one benefit crunch has.

I would try both and get the one you like best.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    06-01-10 12:49 PM
    Forgot to mention berry pop up from bellshare. That wii pop up your email and SMS and has free trial also. But on SMS it does not give you the mark read or delete option in the pop up box. The email pop up does. And it has a free trial also.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    06-01-10 12:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD