hey everyone.
    i have been search for this feature all night i even bought a couple apps that did not work as promised, or maybe was misread, i have been reading so many threads trying to find an answer and maybe i suck at searching and i apologize if its the case, but all im looking for is an app for the storm 2 that:

"locks the screen" eg cannot press down
    pretty much i want an app that lets say after 30 secs the screen will not press down, like when u press the power/lock button at the top.

I am running .607

thanks
    04-23-10 01:01 PM
    Pattern Lock
    04-23-10 01:38 PM
    Patternlock still does not lock the screen. You can still press on the screen with patternlock, and yes, i bought the pro version.
    04-23-10 05:50 PM
    you cant put the phone to sleep without the actual lock feature engaged and no app does that as far as i know
    Last edited by howarmat; 04-24-10 at 10:41 AM.
    04-23-10 06:20 PM
    hey everyone.
    i have been search for this feature all night i even bought a couple apps that did not work as promised, or maybe was misread, i have been reading so many threads trying to find an answer and maybe i suck at searching and i apologize if its the case, but all im looking for is an app for the storm 2 that:

"locks the screen" eg cannot press down
    pretty much i want an app that lets say after 30 secs the screen will not press down, like when u press the power/lock button at the top.

I am running .607

thanks
    Hi, currently AddOnis is the only app that supports the new Hybrid Standby/Lock in OS 5.0. We have a free trial as well.
    Let me know if you need help.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-24-10 01:54 AM
    The AutoLock app used to do it, but it stopped working for me in .607. It would give you a choice for, how long after the screen dims, to wait before locking the device. It performed like pressing the top lock button.

But, again, it has stopped working in .607 and, even though I brought it up two or three times in the Fixes/Findings thread, I got no response.
    04-24-10 01:36 PM
    The AutoLock app used to do it, but it stopped working for me in .607. It would give you a choice for, how long after the screen dims, to wait before locking the device. It performed like pressing the top lock button.

But, again, it has stopped working in .607 and, even though I brought it up two or three times in the Fixes/Findings thread, I got no response.
    I too used to use AutoLock (before we started making our own apps of course!) But please give AddOnis a try, we have a free trial, and I am using it on my 9550 with .607 right now. Remember that the standby lock function in OS 5.0 was changed completely. As of now, AddOnis is the only app that is compatible with the new OS 5.0 implementation. You can choose the timeout, much like Autolock, and it will put your device into the new Hybrid Standby/Lock mode. Pressing the top lock button will take your device out of standby....

Let me know if you have any questions....
    04-24-10 04:39 PM
    I too used to use AutoLock (before we started making our own apps of course!) But please give AddOnis a try, we have a free trial, and I am using it on my 9550 with .607 right now. Remember that the standby lock function in OS 5.0 was changed completely. As of now, AddOnis is the only app that is compatible with the new OS 5.0 implementation. You can choose the timeout, much like Autolock, and it will put your device into the new Hybrid Standby/Lock mode. Pressing the top lock button will take your device out of standby....

Let me know if you have any questions....
    Really? I've used AutoLock with ALL 5.0 leaks and official releases and it has worked with all of them until .607.
    04-24-10 05:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD