I have used the products from Shape Services (RDM+, VNC+, and TSMobiles) on my old pearl and was not really that impressed with them. Also Shape has not released anything that works with the storm yet.

Any one recommend any other decent ones to try, preferably with a trail.

Thanks
    12-27-08 05:39 PM
    Rove - Mobile IT Management

A bit pricey though, guess it would depend on your need to actually have it whether or not it's worth it.

14 day trial though.
    12-27-08 05:51 PM
    Vnc+ was way too slow on my pearl with ATT Edge. On my verizon 8300 its actually usable unless you try to tunnel over SSH.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-27-08 08:26 PM
    what about a ssh client? like putty for the storm?

also is there a RDP app? VNC is too slow. RDP is my favorite.

the storm has that big screen, it could work well. use your finger to move the mouse like in the browser.
    12-28-08 04:32 AM
    Bla1ze - how much is Rove, they dont even give you a price on their site. That usually means big bucks. Probably more then I want to spend.

Cray - Shape Services does make an RDP app called RDM+ but they have not released a version that works on the storm yet. They stated on their site that they are working on it.

No other options?
    12-28-08 08:55 AM
    For SSH you could try this, not sure if it works on the storm though. MidpSSH | SSH and Telnet client for Mobile devices (MIDP/J2ME)
    12-28-08 11:21 AM
    FYI MidpSSH works great on the storm...nice and speedy, exactly what I was looking for. Make sure to download the blackberry os 4 version of the latest development build.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-03-09 03:40 PM
    I am also looking for RDP client for my Blackberry Storm. I have not had any success finding. Any references please.
    01-15-09 10:52 AM
    I've looked as well, haven't found anything. This would be a great app for the storm.
    01-15-09 11:19 AM
    01-15-09 01:34 PM
    Hi All,
    We are happy to inform you that SHAPE Services have developed RDM+ for BlackBerry Storm (version 4.0.12).

RDM+ allows you to access home/office computer from your device even through firewall/NAT. Send and receive emails,
    surf web, edit documents, copy, cut, paste files, etc.

To download via Desktop Manager use this link.

For OTA installation visit bb.rdmplus.com.

The current version is registered and is designated for those users who want to test an application.

We are waiting for your comments and suggestions!

Remote access of desktop is available in 4.0.12 version, system manager and file manager are still not implemented. This new features are expected in the future updates. UI will be also improved in the next version.

Sincerely yours,
    SHAPE Services
    01-26-09 05:21 AM
    The RDM+ Storm version is completely unusable. After dinking with it for an hour I couldn't launch the application I wanted which was sitting on the desktop. Forget about navigating the Start Menu. The single-touch ghosted quick keys seem cool at first, but they become rapidly annoying when you are trying to place the mouse pointer and they constantly cover up your target. I was looking at the real screen and the mouse pointer on the desktop was no where near what I thought it was on the phone. In addition there was only 1:2 Zoom. You might be able to deal with the navigation handicap if there was a tighter zoom, but 1:2 zoom even on 800x600 is too big. And when you are zoomed there was no easy way to move around to non-visible areas.

Useless, don't waste your time until they figure out how to make good use of the Storm's screen.
    02-01-09 11:07 AM
    I've been using the RDM+ trial for about 5 days now and it's actually pretty decent after getting used to it. Unlike the poster above states, there is a 1:1 zoom that makes it much easier to click the correct spots. I do have to agree though that there are times in which the option icons tend to cover up the mouse which is a bit of a drawback.

Not a bad app for someone that just wants to be able to check on the home pc when traveling or at the office. Not sure how it would do for an IT professional though since a desktop app must be running in order to connect.
    02-01-09 11:22 AM
    There is a new version of RDM+ for Storm available - v. 4.0.34

The UI have been improved in the recent version and System Manager option was added. The full version with File Manager support is expected at the end of February.

Users with the prevoius version could make an upgrade for free.

Download (Desktop)

OTA

I've been using the RDM+ trial for about 5 days now and it's actually pretty decent after getting used to it. Unlike the poster above states, there is a 1:1 zoom that makes it much easier to click the correct spots. I do have to agree though that there are times in which the option icons tend to cover up the mouse which is a bit of a drawback.

Not a bad app for someone that just wants to be able to check on the home pc when traveling or at the office. Not sure how it would do for an IT professional though since a desktop app must be running in order to connect.
    02-18-09 02:00 AM
    RDM+ v. 4.0.38 is available now for Storm!
    03-02-09 07:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD