Hey everyone, now that I got this wonderful bold, I need something to read on it. Viigo seems to use too much memory, so I was wondering what you guys were using? I would prefer to be able to read the entire blog post or news article in it if possible, and have it not use too much memory!

Also, can anyone recommend any other good blackberry forums/sites with a good mobile site like wapforums(dot)crackberry(dot)com? I now love this site but I was wondering what else was out there.

Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-09 06:31 AM
    Viigo is actually a great program. If you set it up properly it wont use too much memory. Delete unwanted channels, and you can set how many stories you want it to keep at a time.

I have always had good luck with Viigo!
    04-28-09 06:45 AM
    I just heard about FreeRange, I have yet to try it, but was told its smaller than viigo. You might wanna check it out.

04-28-09 06:54 AM
    I'm using google reader's mobile site.
    04-28-09 07:13 AM
    Thanks for the suggestions!

04-28-09 01:22 PM
    I'm using google reader's mobile site.
    My choice as well. No memory usage by another app.
    04-28-09 05:16 PM
    Does google's rss reader let you read the whole article? Or does it just link to it?

04-28-09 05:24 PM
    FWIW, I troied viigo and Freerange. I have stayed with the google mobile reader as well. No limit to the number of feeds, its free, no memory, and I used the subscriptions page as a shortcut with quicklaunch so it opens to the list of feeds. And again.....NO memory use or leaks.
    04-28-09 05:30 PM
    Is quicklaunch an app?

Also, does anyone know any other good blackberry discussion forums? where else does everyone congregate and discuss? do they have a mobile site?
    thanks
    04-28-09 10:59 PM
    I really like Freerange. I read about some limitations (10 feeds or so) but I set it up online and there is no limitation and it's free. I have more than 80 feeds and it works like charm. I tried the (also free) mobile solution from NewsGator, but I like Freerange better.
    04-29-09 01:26 AM
    The native browser actually handles rss feeds like a champ. Just make a folder for bookmarks to feeds. It's really fast ans easy to browse.

04-29-09 08:57 AM
    I like Viigo and it hasn't done my phone any wrong. I haven't tried anything else though.
    It slows down your phone, is a memory hog, and is EXTREMELY slow when you first start it up... IMHO its just not worth it

its great and all, but waaay too laggy to be bearable
    04-29-09 09:18 AM
    It slows down your phone, is a memory hog, and is EXTREMELY slow when you first start it up... IMHO its just not worth it

Are you able to fix the memory leak issue by setting the "move to background on close" option to "no?" This way you do not have to have it constantly running in the background.

This is how I have my Viigo set up and I don't notice any significant lag nor do I have any issues with my feeds.
    04-29-09 02:30 PM

Are you sure that's not just a Storm thing? Viigo most definitely isn't extremely slow when starting up on the Bold. Even if I minimize it after startup and navigate around the phone it doesn't slow down the phone significantly while articles are updating.
    04-29-09 02:38 PM
    LoL wow I use viigo several times daily and it runs fine. No memory issues, or lag.

04-29-09 02:40 PM
    Mobile Google RSS Reader all the way. No muss, no fuss.
    04-29-09 03:05 PM
    I prefer the mobile google reader, mainly due of the formatting to pages once if you follow links in a feed.
    04-29-09 06:11 PM
    I use Google Reader now after having used Viigo for a while. Viigo was fine for a while after initially setting it up, didn't really slow the whole phone down while it was updating and I could read around while it was updating. Then I upgraded my OS at about the same time Viigo was updated and after that it was unbearable.
    04-29-09 06:52 PM
    Thanks for the tip. Will give it a try. I appreciate your speedy response to resolve my situation.
    12-23-10 02:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD