Ok, I guess that I will not be able to use Gmail on my BB. I have tried and tried to sync my 1200 contacts to Gmail and I keep getting many, many duplicates. I have deleted all of the contacts on the Gmail home page and tried to resync, duplicates. I have tried to delete all of the contacts off of the BB, and resync, duplicates. I tried to delete the Gmail and Google sync off of the BB and reload it and resync, duplicates. I have tried to delete all contacts off both BB and Gmail and add contacts manually, duplicates. I just dont know what else to do. Should I just open a new account and start over? Problem is that I have 1200
    contacts under the old account. Is it possible to import them into a new account without getting the duplicates again? How would I tell the new account to import the old contacts into the new account. On the BB it has the name of the old account.
    Can anyone help please, I need this for my work. I would be willing to pay someone to actually fix this problem for good.
    Help Please!!!!!
    Last edited by CSI Guy; 04-05-10 at 01:07 AM.
    04-05-10 12:57 AM
    Well I'd love to get paid. I fought with this for a while myself. The first thing I'm gonna suggest you check is to be sure that in Contacts / Options you do NOT have synchronization selected for your gmail account. It's worthless and has always caused a cascading duplicate situation for me.

The way I got things worked out eventually was to make sure all my contacts were correct in one place or the other (phone or google), then completely delete them all from the other. Make sure phone numbers have no special characters or spaces - just run all the digits together. (Do a backup to be safe). Then sync using manual Google Sync app.

Hopefully this is clear and helpful. If not PM me or scan my barcode and bbm me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-05-10 01:48 AM
    I know when I used GSync and the Gmail Plugin to sync it cause many many dupes. I then deleted the GSync and it went away. Of course I have to redo my contact list a few times figuring this out. Dont use both of em. One or the other.
    04-05-10 06:18 AM
    I know when I used GSync and the Gmail Plugin to sync it cause many many dupes. I then deleted the GSync and it went away. Of course I have to redo my contact list a few times figuring this out. Dont use both of em. One or the other.
    found this out the hard way too! All the sync services work great, but stick to one!
    Last edited by nacho558; 04-05-10 at 07:07 AM. Reason: spelling
    04-05-10 07:06 AM
    OK so now I really don't understand. If I don't use Google sync, how do I sync contacts on phone to gmail on computer so that I have contacts on both all the same?
    04-05-10 08:11 AM
    I don't know of a way other than a sync service like google sync.
    04-07-10 05:53 PM
    do you use outlook?
    04-07-10 06:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD