Hi,

I've just put some finishing touches to my website which I have developed and need some beta testers to have experiment with it and make sure everything is working as intended and get some good feedback from the community.

My website is designed to extract data from the IPD files and display them in a protected user area only viewable to them.

The way it works is you upload an IPD file and the file is then entered into a queue to be parsed into a database (this is usually done within 2 minutes). You can view SMS, MMS, Calls, Emails etc by a selected date you choose from a calendar or using the side menu you can choose to view Tasks, Calendar Info etc.

You can view more info on the webpage berrygrab.com, I've only put a brief about me page up for now on the public area.

If you would like to beta test this please contact me via the forum or email me at [email protected].

Many Thanks,
    Adam
    12-13-10 07:05 PM
    Can you PM a copy of your security certificates?
    I won't be putting my. Ipd near a site until I know its 100% secure and that my data is safe.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-13-10 07:07 PM
    I will work on getting you a copy of the SSL certificate.

Security and Data Privacy is my top priority in this.
    12-13-10 07:11 PM
    Yeah, wow. I wouldn't even think of uploading an .ipd to a site like this.
    12-13-10 07:11 PM
    The site is secure, using 256 bit encryption to protect login details.

Note, an IPD file is as personal as you make it, you don't need to upload a full back up. In desktop manager you can select databases to back up which you feel comfortable with, for example an IPD file with only Calendar events, Memos or Tasks.
    12-13-10 07:49 PM
    Email sent to you
    12-13-10 09:41 PM
    i want ssl certification as well
    12-13-10 10:18 PM
    Prefix the URL with https:// and click the padlock if you wish to view the SSL certificate.
    12-14-10 07:42 AM
    I'm not sure uploading your IPD to any website is a good idea. It generally isn't necessary to view IPD files, but if you want, you can view them on your PC with this app: ABC Amber BlackBerry Convertor.
    12-14-10 08:15 AM
    I just think it is funny too that the poster's ID is BerryGrab. So.....BerryGrab wants your IPD files.....ha!
    12-14-10 08:42 AM
    It's used to convert data to a more user friendly way of viewing it and the website is secure.

Why be restricted to viewing your data only on your handheld?

You can now view everything on a big screen and even copy them into other programs on your computer without having to rewrite the lot from your phone.

ABC is restricted in that the GUI is horrible, it's pretty basic. This way your data is well presented and can be navigated through very easily, you can view all events which occured on a particular day.
    12-14-10 08:42 AM
    It's used to convert data to a more user friendly way of viewing it and the website is secure.

Why be restricted to viewing your data only on your handheld?

You can now view everything on a big screen and even copy them into other programs on your computer without having to rewrite the lot from your phone.

ABC is restricted in that the GUI is horrible, it's pretty basic. This way your data is well presented and can be navigated through very easily, you can view all events which occured on a particular day.
    You may have the best of intentions, but surely you can see how it would make me extremely nervous to upload my private, personal data file to a website.

("Yes I can, and don't call me Shirley." RIP Leslie Nielsen!)
    12-14-10 08:47 AM
    For sure, a full backup contains all your details, some of which may be personal or private.

You can choose to backup on certain events from Blackberry Desktop Manager though. You can just upload an IPD containing Memos if you wanted and the system would work the same, an IPD is as personal as you make it.

The area your data is displayed is secure and only accessible by your account.
    12-14-10 08:55 AM
    I know for a fact that this would violate my company's InfoSec policy (we can't even use Plaxo), and I personally have no use for it. It may very well be useful for some heavy users, but I think you'll find that most companies frown highly on storing protected company info on a third-party site, regardless of it's purported security. I'd highly recommend you get a good attorney and start signing some NDAs if you want this to go anywhere. JMO, and good luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-14-10 09:05 AM
    Confused - can you restore from the webpage, or just view it?
    12-14-10 02:41 PM
    You can view the data from the website.

IPD's you upload are also downloadable by yourself again should your hard drive fail or need reformatting.

Send me a PM/Email if you'd like a beta account and you can see the full features.
    12-14-10 02:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD