hi, i have a 500mb month allowance on my new bold 9900...... am really impressed in how good and fast youtube works.

is there an app to check or make sure I dont go over my 500mb? thanks
    10-18-11 10:33 AM
    I use Tilicost. It works great with a lot of features but the data part doesn't work with some carriers.
    10-18-11 10:49 AM
    hmm, no results found for Tilicost.

Is there any others? btw im with Vodafone UK
    10-18-11 10:57 AM
    I don't track my data usage, but I seem to recall an app called Minimon (or something similar) that would do that.
    10-18-11 11:14 AM
    Just busted out the google machine and found it's actually called MiniMoni, and only tracks GPRS data (which would be limited to GSM networks).

Here's a link.
    10-18-11 11:17 AM
    10-18-11 12:50 PM
    Or try this: e-office mobile - Mobile Data Alerter Free. Easy to use. Does the job on our family phones and A$$ limited plans.
    Barljo likes this.
    10-18-11 03:05 PM
    10-18-11 05:34 PM
    I just like to add this... I like Tilicost because I have used those other apps listed here and found that they either have issue with new OS 7s or drains the battery. But then, in BB phones world, it all different from person to person.
    10-18-11 07:12 PM
    I just saw in the news yesterday that the carriers are going to start giving warnings when you get close. Some kind of new govt reg. I don't know where Voda is so if its not US never mind! Att alteady does this which I really like. There was also an att app preinstalled that you can just go to and see how much you used and how many days left in the cycle. Maybe voda has one like that?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-18-11 10:24 PM
    I don't track my data usage, but I seem to recall an app called Minimon (or something similar) that would do that.
    sadly Minimon supports only up to 4.2 or less I think.

I found this app but already had 4.3 ;( (a while ago)

At the moment I do not know any app which successfully works on OS7.

There is Network Traffic Control by S4BB Limited but it is a beta and it is not working on my 9900 (only once when installing than even after deleting it and reinstall it does not appear).

every other app is not for 9900 and or a lot of reviews/comments saying that the app mix up wifi with 2G/3G etc.

I would wish anybody could give us some hiden link to an awesome app which shows me the GSM data usage and the wifi (and not mixing it)

I also started a thread about it but no responce.

I am really wondering why even on such standard apps the bb app-universe is so poor :/
    10-27-11 03:10 PM
    I just saw in the news yesterday that the carriers are going to start giving warnings when you get close. Some kind of new govt reg. I don't know where Voda is so if its not US never mind! Att alteady does this which I really like. There was also an att app preinstalled that you can just go to and see how much you used and how many days left in the cycle. Maybe voda has one like that?

I do have this here in Germany and I get an sms when I am up to 80% of my data plan.

My carrier will release data usage apps for Android and iPhone. (but not for BB of course ;( )

This is ok but I'd like to the my daily data usage (only way right now is to import my monthly bill in excel).
    10-27-11 03:13 PM
    Who is your carrier? Some carriers have a "My Account" app which would give you all usage for your mobile, which would include data, voice and texting.

hi, i have a 500mb month allowance on my new bold 9900...... am really impressed in how good and fast youtube works.

is there an app to check or make sure I dont go over my 500mb? thanks
    10-27-11 03:22 PM
    I use the aforementioned Telicost on Vodafone in UK. Used it for three months now and it seems pretty accurate. Whether it's accurate or not seeing the usage steadily rise makes me think twice about whether I need to use the data from my plan for a particular activity or if I can wait until I can use Wi-Fi.
    10-29-11 03:12 AM
    Humm. What's better app?

10-29-11 09:34 AM
    I use the e-mobile app listed above. Works very well. Tracks roaming, network, and wifi data, and you can set it to alert you when you come close to your limit. Free app, also, and works on OS 7.
    10-29-11 09:40 AM
    I installed the Telicost app.

Haven't commented about this app before as I haven't used it till now. (or have known of it)

I think the showed data usage is realistic but I will have to wait for my next bill at the end of this month.

I don't like the email with my information like BB device/email account etc. which will be send after you confirm the contract/agreements of the app.

The app did have only a counter for the GSM/UMTS (to this what is used via roaming as well) and wifi.

The counter can be cleared by you anytime.

I don't know yet if the billing period I set up will clear the counter (but I assume that it will).

So it's more a cost controlle app as a statistic app I would like to have (I have a statistic fetish )

What I don't like on this app as it is annying: here in Germany:

I got the roaming warning everytime my device lost my carrier signal and fall back to the SOS signal which is another carriers network (which still has signal).

Couldn't find in the setup an option to disable the roaming warning.

As I set up the BB to not enter "real" roaming it wouldn't be a problem for me.
    11-04-11 05:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD