Hey everyone.

In the BlackBerry PlayBook preview video on YouTube, I noticed that in the music app, the user can sort through their music by albums/songs/artists/etc. When browsing by albums, the video shows the native music app showing the album covers on the PB.

I'm organizing a lot of my mp3s and I noticed that in most of my songs, there is no album art displayed in the ID3 tag.

My question is: In order for the album art to be displayed on the PB, will I need to add the album cover picture to ALL of the ID3 tags for every single song on that album, or will just one song suffice?

I know it's a weird/stupid question, but if anyone can answer it, my OCD tendencies will thank you!!

Q4L
    01-26-11 05:26 PM
    Hey everyone.

In the BlackBerry PlayBook preview video on YouTube, I noticed that in the music app, the user can sort through their music by albums/songs/artists/etc. When browsing by albums, the video shows the native music app showing the album covers on the PB.

I'm organizing a lot of my mp3s and I noticed that in most of my songs, there is no album art displayed in the ID3 tag.

My question is: In order for the album art to be displayed on the PB, will I need to add the album cover picture to ALL of the ID3 tags for every single song on that album, or will just one song suffice?

I know it's a weird/stupid question, but if anyone can answer it, my OCD tendencies will thank you!!

Q4L
    it will likely show a music note or something like bberrys do. if you want, try using iTunes and "get missing album artwork"
    01-26-11 05:37 PM
    I'm not sure how you're putting songs on your BB, but I have a 32GB card with 6K (approx) songs on my BB. And, EVERY song has album art...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-26-11 07:08 PM
    I'm not sure how you're putting songs on your BB, but I have a 32GB card with 6K (approx) songs on my BB. And, EVERY song has album art...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Perhaps not every song has album art encoded into the file from where he originally got it from. I know when ripping my DragonForce CDs to my PC, the album art wasn't transferred.
    01-27-11 12:22 AM
    Perhaps not every song has album art encoded into the file from where he originally got it from. I know when ripping my DragonForce CDs to my PC, the album art wasn't transferred.
    But you can copy and paste the album art the music file.
    01-27-11 09:44 AM
    despise how much i hate itunes, i love the "get missing album artwork" feature
    01-27-11 11:42 AM
    I don't use iTunes, so I can't use that feature.

I just don't know how the PB will recognize the album art. I mean, does every mp3 on an album have to have the album art in order to be displayed, or just ONE of the songs on the album?
    01-27-11 03:51 PM
    I don't use iTunes, so I can't use that feature.

I just don't know how the PB will recognize the album art. I mean, does every mp3 on an album have to have the album art in order to be displayed, or just ONE of the songs on the album?
    i'm not sure, i hate to say use itunes :x
    01-27-11 04:09 PM
    i'm not sure, i hate to say use itunes :x
    No other Music app allows you to find album art?

I believe Windows Media Player also allows you to find Album art

Add album art in Windows Media Player 10

I hate having album art so I never use anything but I am sure other softwares allow you to use Album art

I'd never want to subject my collection of music to iTunes and have them mess everything up
    01-27-11 04:17 PM

I hate having album art so I never use anything but I am sure other softwares allow you to use Album art

I'd never want to subject my collection of music to iTunes and have them mess everything up
    hmmmmm i was not aware of this! good to know
    01-27-11 05:49 PM
    Same!!!! iTunes will NEVER touch my mp3 collection. Ever!!

I'm not big on adding album art to my mp3s. But seeing the awesome UI in the music app on the PB, I can't resist. I usually edit my ID3 tags either through JetAudio or Winamp. I'm very OCD on how each is labeled, so I prefer to do it myself individually, as opposed to letting Windows Media Center or iTunes do its thing.

Maybe I'll just wait until the PB is released before I start adding all my album art to my mp3s. I'd hate to add album art to each song on each album, when only adding it to one song per album would suffice.

I guess we'll see...
    01-28-11 12:01 PM

Bye bye iTripe. You won't be missed on my bad-*** Broadcast PC.
    01-28-11 02:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD