Didn't linkedin have a native app on BBOS?? I am almost sure i had it on my old 8330 curve...

Now with my 9900 cant seem to find anything available, only by browser.. which does work okay, but nothing like having an integrated app for msgs and updates.

Anybody know about this? Is it that Linkedin is not interested in native app for BBOS7?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-27-12 09:40 AM
    No, n.a. Please check LinkedIn for BlackBerry | LinkedIn from your 9900 and click "Get it Now"
    05-27-12 10:04 AM
    The mobile site is HTML5 and works great. But it is a joke that they don't have a BB app for bb7.
    05-30-12 06:53 AM
    Someone said it's a joke that there is no LI app for BB7 - how true. I see BB and RIM falling further and further behind Apple and Android. I have a LinkedIn app on a $200 iPod. BB should have one too. They market the device for business, but the world's premier business networking app isn't available. To be fair, RIM says it's LI's fault for dragging their feet in development. Anyone heard anything else?
    07-09-12 06:04 AM
    Its up to the developers of linkedin to make that app not rim. Try sending a support ticket into them for your answers.
    07-09-12 06:25 AM
    They say that their app supports the Storm. I have a Storm version of Olivetree's Biblereader on my 9810 with OS7.1. I had to adjust the fonts (hardcoded for the app, but adjustable for resources), but it works well. Unfortunately, the LinedIn site doesn't give me an option to try the Storm version.
    07-09-12 10:58 AM
    They say that their app supports the Storm. I have a Storm version of Olivetree's Biblereader on my 9810 with OS7.1. I had to adjust the fonts (hardcoded for the app, but adjustable for resources), but it works well. Unfortunately, the LinedIn site doesn't give me an option to try the Storm version.
    How do you tweak the font resources? In the .alx file? I am in a similar situation with the Toyota Entune application, which they provide for the Storm but not for any OS 7 Blackberries. When I side-load it on my 9850, everything works fine on the car, but I get a bunch of (non-fatal) file-not-found errors on the phone, which based on the errors in the event log, I think is related to font issues.

BTW, I got the app onto my 9850 by installing it from AppWorld onto my old 9530, doing the first half of device-switch from Desktop Software to pull the application onto my PC, and then used Desktop Software to push it to my 9850.
    Last edited by CharlesH; 07-14-12 at 07:22 PM.
    07-14-12 07:17 PM
    How do you tweak the font resources? In the .alx file? I am in a similar situation with the Toyota Entune application, which they provide for the Storm but not for any OS 7 Blackberries. When I side-load it on my 9850, everything works fine on the car, but I get a bunch of (non-fatal) file-not-found errors on the phone, which based on the errors in the event log, I think is related to font issues.

BTW, I got the app onto my 9850 by installing it from AppWorld onto my old 9530, doing the first half of device-switch from Desktop Software to pull the application onto my PC, and then used Desktop Software to push it to my 9850.
    I got Biblereader directly from Olivetree, and installed directly onto my 9810. Once I'm in the Bible I can use the BB button to bring up options -- first one is fonts. I know nothing about Entune, so no idea if it is similarly set up.
    07-14-12 10:59 PM
    Its up to the developers of linkedin to make that app not rim. Try sending a support ticket into them for your answers.
    I contacted LI and they said they were "looking in to it." The point is, we shouldn't HAVE to send support tickets. RIM should offer an environment that draws developers and LI should provide an app for current platforms. The real problem is that with only 8% market share, developers are starting to ignore BB.
    07-16-12 04:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD