Other that what works on Sprint/Nextel phones is there an app that would give me live NASCAR broadcast

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-12-09 03:38 AM
    OMG! That would be great! I am a huge NASCAR fan and hubby and I just renewed our 2 year contract with AT&T after Thanksgiving and I would love to get live NASCAR!!

I'm hoping

~Jazzi~

02-12-09 10:14 AM
    I was hoping someone would have an answer

02-13-09 08:16 PM
    Well there doesn't seem to be an app, so does anybody use a site that provides live updates during the races? That includes Nationwide & trucks? Something other than Sprint, I'm on verizon & would like to at least get updated info during the races when not able to watch. Nascar.com still has info from last season! Not even updated the new teams & drivers!

02-14-09 01:10 PM
    I have not used it during a race yet, but Nascar.com seems to recpognize I am using a Blackberry. Maybe the race lap by lap will work. Worst case, find a friend to PIN you updates via Blackberry Messenger.

02-14-09 04:52 PM
    Would be great to see on the STORM!!
    02-14-09 05:03 PM
    Nascar.com is working great with my Blackberry right now.

By the way kspearl, I'm a Pitt State graduate!
    02-15-09 05:01 PM
    I recently downloaded a nationwide FM radio app called iheartradio.com. It gives you live access to over 250 stations across the country. I have the MRN (Motor Racing Network) affiliate list and I was going to compare this with the iheartradio app's list of stations in the hopes there's a match. Any thoughts on how best to go about this?

~Patriot
    06-12-09 12:02 AM
    this is pretty much one of the main things that would make me not want to switch from sprint to anybody else.

to be able to listen to in car audio is an awesome thing.

have you tried viigo.
    you can change the settings around to grab only nascar info on the sports section.
    06-12-09 11:45 AM
    Sprint has exclusive rights to Nascar so the only stuff you can get is race results and points leaders from other sports locations.

06-12-09 03:37 PM
    Other that what works on Sprint/Nextel phones is there an app that would give me live NASCAR broadcast

You can use the sprint app on verizon. I am doing it. There is no authentication. From your blackberry browser, go here. ( I don't have ten posts to put the whole url. So copy and paste and piece together.)

http :// softwarestore .sprint .com /wap /phones.php

Choose your phone from drop down, then choose free apps you will find the sprint cup mobile .cab file to download.

Enjoy..
    06-13-09 12:21 AM
    Sweet....now need to figure out how to connect to the server.
    06-13-09 06:34 PM
    I know other cdma people who have had no issues getting it to work. But you might have issues since you are T-Mobile. I know verizon, Alltel, and us cellular have had no issues.

What happens when you load it up?
    06-13-09 07:20 PM
    I recently downloaded a nationwide FM radio app called iheartradio.com. It gives you live access to over 250 stations across the country. I have the MRN (Motor Racing Network) affiliate list and I was going to compare this with the iheartradio app's list of stations in the hopes there's a match. Any thoughts on how best to go about this?

~Patriot
    Patriot- Did you find a station on iheartradio that carries the Nascar broadcast?
    06-21-09 04:16 PM
    Downloaded and installed it. Totally awsome... This exactlly what I was looking for. Thank you so very much.

06-21-09 11:08 PM
    Sweet! I am dwnloading it now! Can't wait to try it out! Thx for the tip!

06-23-09 12:29 AM
    Did you download it from your BB or to your computer? Because when I downloaded it and tried to open it, it said that it needed to search the internet to find the program to use with it.

Thank you,

Pastor Durham
    2 Corinthians4:5
    08-24-09 10:52 AM
    You can use the sprint app on verizon. I am doing it. There is no authentication. From your blackberry browser, go here. ( I don't have ten posts to put the whole url. So copy and paste and piece together.)

Choose your phone from drop down, then choose free apps you will find the sprint cup mobile .cab file to download.

Enjoy..
    JosephDurham:Did you download it from your BB or to your computer? Because when I downloaded it and tried to open it, it said that it needed to search the internet to find the program to use with it.

It sounds like was downloaded off the phone browser to me . I found it there gunno download it to straight to phone.
    Last edited by DavidNC; 08-24-09 at 12:46 PM. Reason: added stuff
    08-24-09 12:32 PM
    Yes you download it from your blackberry's browser. There is a different version for each blackberry model.
    Last edited by mthornto88; 08-24-09 at 02:06 PM. Reason: typo
    08-24-09 02:06 PM

Enjoy..
    I have a Tour and this worked great.. had to cut off the last /wap/phone.php and then just downloaded the app.. listing to in-race radio as we speak !! Thanks !
    09-06-09 10:14 PM
    couldn't find it under "free apps" but just downloaded it regularly. gonna try it out tonight..if it works for others i hope it works for me. thanks for the tip mthornto88 you are a life saver!
    09-12-09 01:32 PM
    couldn't find it under "free apps" but just downloaded it regularly. gonna try it out tonight..if it works for others i hope it works for me. thanks for the tip mthornto88 you are a life saver!
    No problem. They may have changed the url. But it is free. I have been using it all season. It works great.
    09-13-09 12:04 PM
    no love for the storm on this site!! Any other suggestions out there?
    09-13-09 12:14 PM
    Checked it out and downloaded the NFL app. as well.
    09-13-09 09:56 PM
    No problem. They may have changed the url. But it is free. I have been using it all season. It works great.
    Mine wasn't working very well for the Richmond race. It said something about needing a 4.3 or greater to run the streaming audio/video. But it played a little...cut in and out too much for me, so I shut it off till I got off work. I just updated my Blackberry software today, so we'll see how it works this weekend.
    09-14-09 05:25 PM
179 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD