01-17-10 11:43 PM
    Stormslider
    Launchpad
    Scoremobile (love it)
    Flixster, but may remove
    Google Maps
    Poynt
    Simple weather
    Datavault (one of the first apps I bought)
    Mobipocket reader (till something better comes along)
    Beamreader
    IStake
    Honeydew
    Parking Lot
    Bubble Army
    Flood
    Reversi
    01-18-10 10:20 AM
    idk.. Quick Pull seemed like a waste of time. Besides the fact you can schedule it when to restart.. It saves me maybe a few seconds to open my cover and take the battery out. Facebook really doesn't work out for me too much. The mobile site is almost better in my opinion.. Google Maps Definetly. Youtube.. Another waste of Memory. What is Life in pocket though??

These are my must have apps for my Storm

Life in Pocket
    Google Maps
    Pandora (Using Slacker until they fix the volume control)
    iheartradio
    Opera Mini 5 Beta 2
    QuickPull
    Flashlight
    YouTube
    Facebook

What are yours?
    01-18-10 10:35 AM
    On the Storm 1:
    Quicklaunch
    Meterberry
    Ascendo Data Vault
    WeatherBerry
    BerryPopUp
    Facebook
    01-18-10 11:40 AM
    QuickLaunch
    MeterBerry
    Storm Slider
    Simple Weather
    UberTwitter
    01-19-10 01:01 AM
    I have decided that LifeInPocket is not as good as I had hoped and I am now trying out Poynt
    01-19-10 01:28 AM
    I'm still a bit surprised at how many Storm users are so adamant over Quicklaunch.

Unless your apps are really disorganized, the UI of the touchscreen is more efficient and so simple to use.

Trackball devices on the other hand... Quicklaunch is definitely a worthwhile app.
    01-19-10 01:42 AM
    I'm still a bit surprised at how many Storm users are so adamant over Quicklaunch.

Unless your apps are really disorganized, the UI of the touchscreen is more efficient and so simple to use.

Trackball devices on the other hand... Quicklaunch is definitely a worthwhile app.
    I do agree.
    01-19-10 05:47 AM
    I had read all the post stating that quicklaunch was a needed app. Having a storm I didn't see the need.
    Last edited by champr; 01-19-10 at 07:57 AM.
    01-19-10 06:33 AM
    Quicklaunch
    Viigo
    MeterBerry
    BerryBuzz
    SlideBerry
    01-19-10 10:12 AM
    It took me a while to get Quicklaunch but I like it alot. I use it to toggle my Bluetooth on/off, set up to SMS my regular people that I always text such as my kids and wife. Toggle between normal and vibrate profiles in 2 clicks, reboot my phone, go straight to OPTIONS. I think it is worth it.
    01-19-10 10:34 AM
    #1 Tether (Tetherberry - without it, I wouldn't be writing this!)
    #2 BerryWeather - commuting between three cities in two states 75 mi apart daily it's a must have in the winter
    #3 Pandora - I ain't payin' XM/Sirius when I can get it for free on my phone
    #4 Viigo
    #5 BMS (beingmes**ks) for laughs
    #6 MeterBerry
    #7 QuickLaunch
    #8 Where (since LifeinPocket doesn't work on my Storm2 any more)
    #9 OperaMini5
    #10 CreackBerry Launcher ( yeah, it's not an app but it gets me here!)
    #11 Flixter Movies (in the past 3 weeks I've seen 4 first-run flix including Book of Eli and Avatar)
    #12 Facebook

And also: Brickbreaker, Word Mole, Labyrinthe Lite, Tank Ace, Air Traffic Control, Supermodel Empire, and e-Mobile Piano (for my creative side!)!
    01-19-10 11:35 AM
    It took me a while to get Quicklaunch but I like it alot. I use it to toggle my Bluetooth on/off, set up to SMS my regular people that I always text such as my kids and wife. Toggle between normal and vibrate profiles in 2 clicks, reboot my phone, go straight to OPTIONS. I think it is worth it.
    I am in no way bashing Quicklaunch (or the other app that does the same) as they do the job they were made to do, but with the Storm I really don't see a need. I'll use your above examples...

Bluetooth - Click the Signal Strength/Service Meter, click Bluetooth. 2 clicks done.

SMS - Click SMS/MMS Messaging, Click recipient. 2 clicks done.

Sound/Vibrate Profiles - Click speaker icon, click profile. 2 clicks done.

Quickpull - 1 click.

Go straight to Options - Click Options. 1 click.
    01-19-10 04:49 PM
    The apps I use every day are...
    Barnes and Noble E-Reader
    Opera
    Facebook
    Quicklaunch
    and WeatherEye

Probably the one thing that I absolutely love on my phone is the theme.
    01-19-10 04:58 PM
    I am in no way bashing Quicklaunch (or the other app that does the same) as they do the job they were made to do, but with the Storm I really don't see a need. I'll use your above examples...

Bluetooth - Click the Signal Strength/Service Meter, click Bluetooth. 2 clicks done.

SMS - Click SMS/MMS Messaging, Click recipient. 2 clicks done.

Sound/Vibrate Profiles - Click speaker icon, click profile. 2 clicks done.

Quickpull - 1 click.

Go straight to Options - Click Options. 1 click.

With QuickLaunch you can do all of those functions you mentioned from any screen or app. You don't have to back out of folders and back to the homescreen. Just double click your convenience key and there goes email or whatever. To sms someone you wouldn't have to go to homescreen, click sms, scroll through messages or contact list and then click. With QL you can do that with 1 click from whereever you are.
    Hehe just .02 from the dev.
    01-19-10 08:04 PM
    #1 Tether (Tetherberry - without it, I wouldn't be writing this!)
    #2 BerryWeather - commuting between three cities in two states 75 mi apart daily it's a must have in the winter
    #3 Pandora - I ain't payin' XM/Sirius when I can get it for free on my phone
    #4 Viigo
    #5 BMS (beingmes**ks) for laughs
    #6 MeterBerry
    #7 QuickLaunch
    #8 Where (since LifeinPocket doesn't work on my Storm2 any more)
    #9 OperaMini5
    #10 CreackBerry Launcher ( yeah, it's not an app but it gets me here!)
    #11 Flixter Movies (in the past 3 weeks I've seen 4 first-run flix including Book of Eli and Avatar)
    #12 Facebook

And also: Brickbreaker, Word Mole, Labyrinthe Lite, Tank Ace, Air Traffic Control, Supermodel Empire, and e-Mobile Piano (for my creative side!)!
    Okay, how does Flixster work?? How do you get full movies?
    01-19-10 10:20 PM
    Okay, how does Flixster work?? How do you get full movies?
    Good question??
    01-20-10 08:17 AM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD