I keep getting emails instead of my space notifications on my phone when someone does something to my profile, if im not mistaken your supposed to be notified by the application itself like facebook, not receive an email, correct?

The following things have been addressed:

- Done a re-install
    - Reset the phone
    - Pulled the battery
    - Email on myspace account matches the email set up on my bb

Any ideas I am baffled
    04-05-09 04:10 AM
    You will still receive an email to your corresponding email account. Myspace isn't smart enough to not send you an email just because you have the BB app installed. If you don't want this then turn off email notifications.

If you search for myspace here, you will find this has been asked a buncha times.

04-05-09 08:49 AM
    I'm using a 8320. I've never been notified by the myspace app. I turned off my email nofications, but still when someone sends me a msg, the msg won't show up when I log on with the application let alone let me know (ring, vibrate) what someone does.

However, I am no longer a big myspace fan and instead of using the app, I just log on its mobile site, that way if I wanted to make minor changes to my profile I could, unlike with the app.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-05-09 09:09 AM
    Myspace is finally losing share. It can't un-do its horribly conceived notion of giving the user complete control over the html layout of individual profiles, thus causing a grossly incohesive user experience. Facebook is winning over Myspace for its clean UI and more elegant user experience. Myspace will totally fizzle out by 2012. Sorry Rupert, you lost. Finally.
    04-05-09 09:17 AM
    lazerus, your rant honestly helper nothing here...and unfortunately I don't think I can either. I have never gotten notifications to work properly on myspace. Even after turning my email alerts off. Facebook works perfectly everytime. The only thing I do is turn on MOBILE alerts. This sends me a txt whenever I get msgs comments or anything else. I honestly barely use the myspace app, the only reason I keep it is so I can upload pics. The mobile site works better. Only thing the app does better than the site is the layout orf your pictures

04-05-09 11:19 AM
    Oh ok, thanks for everyones help, sorry for not using search function first :P
    04-05-09 03:23 PM
    I receieve a email when someone accepts a request or comment but I receive a direct app message when someone messages me

04-06-09 10:45 AM
    my myspace app has been wonky since i installed it
    04-06-09 12:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD