No not the program you download and install, but the in-house one. I added my Gmail account. My contacts on my phone are perfect (names, numbers, addresses, etc..) I backed it up with BB Desktop manager today � all perfect.

I empty my gmail address book on Google, turn on wireless synchronization on in Contacts>>Options. Beforehand I went into email settings, highlight gmail account, go to synchronization options and tick the boxes for contacts and deleted items.

So, with that done, what happens. Duplicates everywhere on my phone, and in my google address book. Contacts addresses get changed too, to ones of other contacts.

It's driving me mental.

Please please tell me I am doing something wrong and it's fixable? It has the potential to be great.

Thank you.
    07-23-10 04:28 PM
    The reason for the duplicates is because you are using the phone's syncing and google's sync. If you have to use Google sync, then disable your phone's syncing making sure to allow duplicate file names.

Go to your gmail account on your computer and delete all the duplicates. Then goto your contacts on the phone, press the options button and then type "rset" which will wipe your contacts and repopulate with google.

Cheers!
    07-24-10 12:24 AM
    The reason for the duplicates is because you are using the phone's syncing and google's sync. If you have to use Google sync, then disable your phone's syncing making sure to allow duplicate file names.

Go to your gmail account on your computer and delete all the duplicates. Then goto your contacts on the phone, press the options button and then type "rset" which will wipe your contacts and repopulate with google.

Cheers!
    07-24-10 12:25 AM
    Sorry for the double post but my internet is messing up here. After you type rset and wipe your contacts on the phone, you need to use google sync on the phone to sync your contacts.

Cheers!
    07-24-10 12:32 AM
    Not only am I getting duplicates then

Will give anything a go mate, so long as I have contacts backed-up with BB desktop manager then it will always be fine.
    07-24-10 02:07 AM
    Google goofed up my contacts once and never again
    I gave up on that wireless sync stuff awhile ago. Its easier for me to sync with outlook and import it into my gmail account every once and awhile than having to go through each contact to fix them

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-24-10 02:13 AM
    Another problem is, Google gets the address fields all wrong. They're not identical to your phones and I so wish they were. I don't have Google sync; just using the phone's sync.
    07-24-10 02:31 AM
    I set up a new Gmail account with no contacts, and I have Google sync set up to
    sync one way -- phone>>> gmail. I have no duplicates that way.
    07-24-10 02:32 AM
    I set up a new Gmail account with no contacts, and I have Google sync set up to
    sync one way -- phone>>> gmail. I have no duplicates that way.

I want to do this! How?
    07-24-10 02:35 AM
    I want to do this! How?
    Just don't enter new contacts in the Gmail app. I only add contacts on my
    Blackberry, then sync to Gmail.
    07-24-10 02:46 AM
    Just don't enter new contacts in the Gmail app. I only add contacts on my
    Blackberry, then sync to Gmail.

You're using Google Sync for Mobile, yes?

Managed to do this for my contacts: completed erased them from gmail webpage. I also wiped my gmail calendar, but for some reason my phone doesn't want to send my calender info to gmail. When I sync it says "changes: nothing." There is events on my handheld.
    07-24-10 02:55 AM
    You're using Google Sync for Mobile, yes?

Managed to do this for my contacts: completed erased them from gmail webpage. I also wiped my gmail calendar, but for some reason my phone doesn't want to send my calender info to gmail. When I sync it says "changes: nothing." There is events on my handheld.
    Yes, using Google sync. I don't know why your calendar won't sync.
    07-24-10 02:59 AM
    It only seems to want to download new calendar events, which is none since I wiped it. But it won't upload them.
    07-24-10 03:00 AM
    Oh, when you open the Google sync app, verify that you have the Sync Calendar box checked!!
    07-24-10 03:01 AM
    It is checked. No worries if you don't know. You've already helped immensely.
    07-24-10 03:05 AM
    Okay, so it will only upload new/updated calendar entries to Gmail, so I gotta change a few things here and there, the odd character.

It's 2010, right?
    07-24-10 03:23 AM
    mine syncs my contacts but not my calendar
    07-26-10 01:14 AM
    Same problem here. I keep/add/maintain ALL of my appointments on my BB and want the GCal to be my backup/sync location where my BB Calendar uploads all additions/changes/deletions to GCal.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Scott
    07-26-10 02:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD