I have not seen a problem similar to mine posted.

I have a 9550 Storm 2 with OS 5

I have not been able to get the My Verizon app to work, just get a red screen with the flashing Verizon logo...nothing else.

I deleted the app from options and rebooted. The app reappeared (as it should - push from Verizon) after successful reboot

I reinstalled and same thing. What am I doing wrong?

I read in another forum that someone was having a problem with the app and a potential solution was to disable compatibility mode.

Which generates another question - what is compatibility mode and when should a user activate/deactivate?

Thanks!
    03-05-11 10:37 PM
    I too have had the same issue with the my verizon app, the problem for me started when I upgraded to the .1015 OS version. Haven't found a fix for it yet I'm afraid.

To turn on compatibility mode, go to Options->Applications, highlight the app then bring up the menu and select 'enable compatibility mode'.
    03-06-11 12:06 PM
    I am having the same issue as well. Started with the OS upgrade as well. Just swapped out my phone under the warranty and the replacement is doing the same thing. Thinking must be an issue with the OS upgrade.
    04-11-11 06:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD