I dropped SocialScope's latest release for this. Finally a great Twitter client!
    04-09-10 07:21 PM
    anyone know how to sync this app w/ FB??? tried so many times, Tweetdeck syncs just not this app. HELP PLEASE?!?!?! Thanks CB fams!
    Anyone?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

04-09-10 07:34 PM
    Don';t mean to hijack this threat but I have been reading that this twitter client would be available through app world, specifically the test center section, but for some reason it is not listed there. Anyone else finding that it is not located in app world for them or is it just me?
    04-09-10 07:57 PM
    The twitter app is not in the test center, just search it in the App World.

I can see the reasons behind the non-editable rt's:

1. With editable retweet, you can edit other's comment however you want. Official rt eliminates this possibility.

2. Since the same information is passed to the followers only once, you won't get flooded by the repeated rt's of the same content in your timeline.

3. T4BB has a nice conversational reply function, no need to use editable rt to keep track of the topic.
    04-09-10 08:38 PM
    I think everyone can agree that the lack of editing in the Retweet feature and the issue with @replies not giving you a drop down list are probably the biggest complaints about TFB. Other than those two I absolutely ???? the app! The UI is clean and uncluttered and works well. I think the ability to have Twiiter in my main menu list is a Godsend. I can tweet from anywhere!

04-09-10 10:14 PM
    I would also like to see the number of new tweets I receive net to the icon on my home screen. Stinks that I don't know how many new tweets I received w/o having to open the app.
    04-09-10 10:18 PM
    I really like this app, the UI is great, but I wish you could edit re-tweets and I wish it had friend picker when you @reply someone. Other that it is a good app, hopefully RIM can integrate this things, then it would be the best twitter app hands down.
    04-09-10 10:23 PM
    I miss the auto fill when using the "@". That was such a nice feature. I don't miss it enough to switch back to UT. (not knocking UT, just really love the T4BB app)
    04-09-10 10:56 PM
    lack of @user popup and the fact that I cannot RT at all from the app.....I even did a device wipe and installed it and still won't work so I am saying bye bye to the mem leak I get and going back to tried and true UBER!!!!!
    04-10-10 12:31 PM
    I like this app a lot. Dislike the @ list and Rt like mentioned. Gonna drop socialscope for my daily twit app and use ss for only RT and multiple friend replie where @ list is helpful

04-10-10 02:12 PM
    Also would be nice to choose avatar size

04-10-10 03:42 PM
    Yall hit it on the head can't edit RT, doesn't list alert #, and friend picker...Uber still has a chance to make a comeback

04-10-10 04:33 PM
    I also wish there was a way with any of them to be able to allow or decline a follow request. Still I prefer Uber to this for the many reasons stated by others.
    04-10-10 06:03 PM
    So far I like it.....somewhat of a Twitter newb and just downloaded yesterday.

What I would like is a simple "Exit" on the menu key. I don't care keep any Twitter app active (have enough of with BBM, SMS, Email and phone).

I simply use it to 'follow' a few items...........a simple 'Exit' would be nice instead of having to go into 'Options' and 'Log Out'.

Even with this in mind...........I like the BBT client (I have been using UT).
    04-10-10 08:25 PM
    Funny how people have such a broad range of gripes. I hate the fact that even when I close the app it will show the notification icon. That was enough for me to delete it and stick with Twitterberry. I will likely try it again after the official rls comes out, since I never really gave it a good going over this time.
    04-10-10 08:58 PM
    I have an issue;
    Avatars/icons on my list aren't showing up. Why?

It doesn't show up in UberTwitter either.
    04-10-10 09:10 PM
    I am not receiving notify's of new replies. Setup in options, but doesn't play ringtone. Anyone else have this prob?

04-11-10 12:02 AM
    I am not receiving notify's of new replies. Setup in options, but doesn't play ringtone. Anyone else have this prob?

That threw me for a moment as well, until I peeked at Set Ringtones/Alerts -> Other -> Twitter - New Mentions (actually all Twitter options) and saw they had ringtones selected, but they were set to 'Volume - Silent' as the default. Reset the volumes and all works as advertised.
    04-11-10 04:37 AM
    you should be able to use tweephoto in this app. thats why i still use ubertwitter for now
    04-11-10 05:55 AM
    Funny how people have such a broad range of gripes. I hate the fact that even when I close the app it will show the notification icon. That was enough for me to delete it and stick with Twitterberry. I will likely try it again after the official rls comes out, since I never really gave it a good going over this time.

The reason you still see the 'notification icon' is because you you did not actually close & log off from twitter. This is the exact issue I mentioned in my post just above your post.

To close/exit - - -with Blackberry Twitter client open:
    Menu>Options>"Log Off"

When you simply Menu>Close........your are still logged in and will still receive notifications.

This is why I wish they would just include an "Exit" option in the Menu selections which would Log Off --Close--Exit--Finish--Done

Still like the BBT app overall and will probably continue using it.
    04-11-10 08:34 AM
    Just open or delete the welcome DM RIM sends you & the icon will disappear.
    04-16-10 10:15 AM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD