I came back and found I couldn't post in my old question about my screwup using tetherberry but I wanted to let you all know what happened. First as you can see I am still alive and my dad didn't kill me. I am still in school and my Verizon bill is behind me thanks to the help of another crackberry member. I took many of the good sugestions given and an offer and all is better. I have learned a valuable lesson and will always read disclamers in the future.

So what happened? Well my dad was pissed and I can't really blame him. He was pissed at me and at Verizon because at first he thought it was something they did to me. When it was all explained to him I was in more trouble. My dad isn't very technical when it comes to these things. He said he was going to leave my phone off until I could pay the bill. I didnt know how I was going to do that because jobs are hard to get and things are getting a bunch worse. My dad could have paid it but he should not have to. He is paying for most of my school and doesn't need the extra expense. Well we called Verizon and explained what happened. The people we talked to were sympathetic but said it was out of their habds. So we asked for a manager and the manager told us the charges were valid and she couldn't do anything. Even tho my dad was mad at me he was still a little upset with Verizon and called around and gave my situation to other companies. They all said we would be charges for tethering and to never use tetherberry or other hacks. The people at att said straight up that they would cancel service permanently. So now my dad turned his wrath back at me. My dad was not born here and his ideas of anger and responsibility are older fashioned than some peoples. And he is a proud US Citizen and has been one since long before I was born so no cracks on that. Well the first person to contact me privatly had given his phone number. I didn't think much of it at first because it was an 800 number and I thought it might be to sell something or one of those class action suit lines that every **** in the country runs to. I got a lot of nasty notes here so after about six I just deleted the rest. But I was at the end of my rope. My phone wasn't working, my dad was mad at me, I was mad at me and I was mad at everythimng I did. And for some reason I kept one message. So I finally called it expecting the worst. Man answered the phone. I tild him why I was calling. He said hang on kid then I heard him tell someone else he needed to take this call and hold all others. When he came back, he knew who I was and asked how much time I had. No class the next day so I said as long as needed. It was so weird because he told me to tell him my story. He wanted to know all of it. Where I was from. Where my parents were from. How was I raised. Did I attend church. Did I believe in God. Who many brothers and sisters I had. What was I majoring in. Did I have a girlfriend ect. We talked for about two hours when he asked me if I was willing to work off my debt to the phone company. I told him I was because I felt bad about what I did and he said he thought he could help. He asked me for my parents phone number then put me on hold. When he came back my dad was also on the line and all of us talked for about an hour. This man said he would help us if I was willing to do my part. I agreed and my dad agreed. What would I be doing? Making phone calls, arranging appts and running a few errands. I also had to volunteer to do some community service work. For this, he said he would match each dollar I spent with one of his own toward the bill for my work and efforts. One oter thing I had to promise him was that I would read some scripture every day and chat with him about it. I had concerns there but he never mentioned a particular church or religion. He just wanted me to start reading it again like I did as a kid. This part made my dad real happy. I was calling him everynight and he knew the answers to my questions and we prayed about things we didn't understand. He never told me what kind of church he went to and he never told me to go to a certain church but said if I had problems finding one to ask. And he is thousands of miles away.

What I didn't know was he and my dad did some things I didn't know about. My dad had him on the phone and they called someone special at Verizon. Dad said it was in Jersey or New York. Anyways they were on the phone with a man from Verizon for about 15 minutes. Told him the story and the bill was reduced to $500. My dad asked and pleaded before and got nothing. With a little help it was dropped to $500. But I wasn't told this until I raised $1500 on my own and was ready to yank $500 in savinge so I could get the match for my effort. It gets better. After a few weeks of work (the work was mostly for charity btw) I handed my dad $500 for the bill and my dad handed me a receipt for $2500 paid toward my next year tuition paid for by my new friend and mentor. He also gave me a new leather bible with my name on the coveer. I have also accepted a job from this man for summer work with his company for $20 an hour in an apprentice program which works for me since I am majoring in engineering. The only thing I have to promise is that I work hard and go to some baseball games with him and not root against his team even when mine is there to play.

Who is this guy who helped me? Well I was made to promise not to tell but I can tell you there are angels in the world and God sends them when you don't expect it.

I am still going to school and working my job and helping to do some more work for the charities so I don't have a lot of time but I wanted all of you people to know what happened. And I am not dead. My dad still loves me and didnt go off the deep end. This made my mom very happy

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-30-09 03:35 PM
    I am very glad that everything worked our for you and your dad. It also seems that you have learned your lesson as well. Good luck in everythign else.
    04-30-09 03:41 PM
    Wow. Congrats man. Hard lesson learned but you definitely pulled out for the better!
    04-30-09 03:45 PM
    Rough story.

I just can't believe you wrote that post out from your device
    04-30-09 03:59 PM
    Rough story.

I just can't believe you wrote that post out from your device
    me either...
    i bet his thumbs hurt!
    04-30-09 04:01 PM
    Wow. Thats awesome and congrats on the help. One thing life has taught me is God works in mysterious ways.
    04-30-09 04:23 PM
    Congrats to you Bob! I'm glad you're walking the straight and narrow, as I'm sure your mom and dad are as well...
    And I bet there's another 'dad' out there who's proud of you as well, isn't there?
    Huge hugs to all of you!

04-30-09 04:49 PM
    Wow, that's quite a story. Was wondering what had happened. Thanks for the update.
    04-30-09 07:32 PM
    Glad to hear that everything worked out and you took away a good lesson. Props on typing that all out on you BB lol

04-30-09 07:56 PM
    I'm calling FALSE

04-30-09 09:39 PM
    Glad things worked out for you. Even happier things worked out for your father. You are truly blessed to have a benefactor like that. Good luck with your future career and community service.
    04-30-09 09:50 PM
    Yeah that's very cool

04-30-09 09:52 PM
    I'm amazed that he typed that post on his berry.

04-30-09 09:57 PM
    I'm calling FALSE

Really? Why, because someone has a good heart and helps someone in need? Yeah, the kid screwed up, but you could tell from his original tread and this post he had learned a lesson. Someone else saw that and decided to help. There is really no reason for that kind of rude response. You owe him an apology.
    04-30-09 10:00 PM
    Some random guy called him and offered to pay his bill? Come on.

04-30-09 10:09 PM
    Maybe DAD offered to help And not his biological unit either
    04-30-09 10:13 PM
    Wow, incredible story. Just remember to pay it forward bro.
    04-30-09 10:21 PM
    Honestly, you could seriously publish a book about Verizon Bills and How the Path of religion and life can take you in such strange ways.

You are quite something there bob. If I was a publishing company high end I would actually probably talk to you and see if you could publish a story like that through us for everyone to read.

...Problem is, i'm not that
    However that story is amazing. Strange huh? Life does its twists and turns, with ups and downs. Good luck with it
    04-30-09 10:54 PM
    Great news!!!

Question though: would you be willing to read scripture and such if this guy had not agreed to pay your bill?
    04-30-09 11:00 PM
    I'm calling FALSE

Right there with you...

Hey Bob, you didn't happen to meet this guy at a crossroads, and he taught you how to type REALLY well on your BB, in exchange for paying your bill and... well.. you all know the story.

BTW, if true, the post should be renamed "How TetherBerry improved my life"
    04-30-09 11:33 PM
    Maybe DAD offered to help And not his biological unit either
    nice one...

Gotta subscribe to this one.
    Last edited by crisd; 04-30-09 at 11:41 PM.
    04-30-09 11:36 PM
    Congrats to you Bob! I'm glad you're walking the straight and narrow, as I'm sure your mom and dad are as well...
    And I bet there's another 'dad' out there who's proud of you as well, isn't there?
    Huge hugs to all of you!

I was thinking the EXACT same thing....remembering the original conversations that went on after the OP's original post.
    05-01-09 12:36 AM
    Great news!!!

Question though: would you be willing to read scripture and such if this guy had not agreed to pay your bill?
    Well I can't figure out how to quote all the nice wishes so I picked this one. The answer is yes I wouldve read it. I always read it as a kid and kind of got away from it. Too far from it. So much I didn't understand and my parents would just tell me to believe it and that I was not supposed to understand everyything. My friend just kinda encouraged me to discover it again and has offerred to talk with me about my questions. If I had that sooner I might not have drifted away. He reminded me that prayer does work and made me promise to work on not using the OMG thing anymore. As for the doubters in the crowd you can believe what you want. I know the truth and you can't take that away. There will always be the jelous types out there and I will always hope you learn better things. Your cynicism (sp?) makes you unhappy and that is your own doing. My name really isn't Bob. It is Robert. I used Bombing Bob because that is what my mom used to call me. I liked planes and always wanted to be a bomber pilot. I also liked dropping things on my brother from the upstairs rail. But I really don't like the name Bob unless bombing is in front of it.

For the people who were suprised about how much I wrote please remember that I don't have internet at home. My laptop can't get a wifi signal but I can use my BB. It did take me awhile to write that and I hope it wasn't too long and boring and I get lazy on the small keys. I know it was probly hard to read. I will be paying it forward. I really like helping out and when I have a real job I can do more. Anyhow I have done a long day. I worked and studied and cleaned up around here and I need to go to sleep. I have a 10:00 class in the morning and I am wiped. Thanks and hugs to all who cared. I know now that not everybody in the world is losing it no matteer how bad it may look.

Robert

05-01-09 01:26 AM
    One more thing I forgot. I got some messages in the private system. Some I wanted to answer and tried to in my last two posts but I don't have enough posts here to reply to anybody. So I wasn't ignoring you I just can't send anything through there.

05-01-09 01:29 AM
    ... and made me promise to work on not using the OMG thing anymore.
    I'm a Christian, am proud of the fact that I'm a Christian, and use OMG all the time. However, MY OMG means Oh My Gosh! Just thought I would throw that out to you.

I'm thrilled you've found a friend who was willing and able to help you out, and I hope that you truly do pay it forward.
    05-01-09 03:20 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD