Please note i posted this in the "app released" thread, but I feel this needs to have its own thread.

I am sooo mad. What a waste of my $4 upgrade fee. There are so many problems with this app.

How do I get the old version back?

Here is a list of problems. Please note I rebooted a half a dozen times.

1. only one of four locations will update. Ever.

2. GPS is absolutely not working for me. But my friend who has a storm1 is here. His unit finds a location, but the location is about 50 Kms away (30 miles ). The old version would give you the nearest town to you ( even if the weather reading is in a different place ) I am in Kerrobert Sk. My weather info comes from Kindersley Sk.

#2 is a deal breaker for me BTW.

3. Radar maps aren't as good as before. Now we have to open a menu and then choose which map we want. Before you would set one map per location. That's the way it should be.

#3 is also a deal breaker for me.

4. When you search for a city sometimes it doesn't show up as a real city. What's up with that?

5. Long time to update! When a location finally does update you may need to shave again. Some locations dont update at all. Ever.

6. Lots of options are good. But there are so many it requires a degree to figure out. I don't like to have to study a new app. It should be straight forward in my opinion.

# 6 isn't a deal breaker. I can live with that. just an honest opinion.

7. all the failed updates continue trying to update and as such drained my battery. what a shame.

8. State/provincial abbreviations are incorrect even! That should be the simplest thing of all to get down. But I live in Saskatchewan and it should show as Sk, but instead it shows Sa ( not just a prob for me, a fellow from Winnipeg posted a similar issue ) and underneath that error it says Kindersley, Ca...... from it needing to show Sk it shows Sa AND Ca but not the correct one. Ca is California, obviously.

9. Update all option only updates one location at a time. Before it would take less than 10 second to update 5 locations. Now it only does one location after the other in succession. Even if the update feature worked as intended it still would take longer than before. A definet step down.

10. Temperature read outs are far from correct ( at least for my my location ). As of right now it says it is -5573 Celcius outside! Not a joke.

Please. I want my old version back and available for download. Not just for me but for everyone. We all deserve an option to test this release or not. Because this is not yet a "ready for sale" app.

I know I'm not the only one thinking this.

Regards
    Dennis
    Last edited by dieseldennis; 12-03-09 at 03:44 AM. Reason: occasional updates to my review
    12-03-09 01:24 AM
    Does Berryweather give weather advisories for Canadian locations? I live in NL (I know...the best weather in Canada and I tried the trial for 1.5 and I noticed that WeatherEye had posted a weather advisory (so had Environment Canada on their website), but despite updating, Berryweather didn't post any advisory. Can this be right? If it didn't give Canadian weather advisories before, does it do so now with 2.0?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-03-09 05:50 AM
    Please note i posted this in the "app released" thread, but I feel this needs to have its own thread.

I am sooo mad. What a waste of my $4 upgrade fee. There are so many problems with this app.

How do I get the old version back?

Here is a list of problems. Please note I rebooted a half a dozen times.

1. only one of four locations will update. Ever.

2. GPS is absolutely not working for me. But my friend who has a storm1 is here. His unit finds a location, but the location is about 50 Kms away (30 miles ). The old version would give you the nearest town to you ( even if the weather reading is in a different place ) I am in Kerrobert Sk. My weather info comes from Kindersley Sk.

#2 is a deal breaker for me BTW.

3. Radar maps aren't as good as before. Now we have to open a menu and then choose which map we want. Before you would set one map per location. That's the way it should be.

#3 is also a deal breaker for me.

4. When you search for a city sometimes it doesn't show up as a real city. What's up with that?

5. Long time to update! When a location finally does update you may need to shave again. Some locations dont update at all. Ever.

6. Lots of options are good. But there are so many it requires a degree to figure out. I don't like to have to study a new app. It should be straight forward in my opinion.

# 6 isn't a deal breaker. I can live with that. just an honest opinion.

7. all the failed updates continue trying to update and as such drained my battery. what a shame.

8. State/provincial abbreviations are incorrect even! That should be the simplest thing of all to get down. But I live in Saskatchewan and it should show as Sk, but instead it shows Sa ( not just a prob for me, a fellow from Winnipeg posted a similar issue ) and underneath that error it says Kindersley, Ca...... from it needing to show Sk it shows Sa AND Ca but not the correct one. Ca is California, obviously.

9. Update all option only updates one location at a time. Before it would take less than 10 second to update 5 locations. Now it only does one location after the other in succession. Even if the update feature worked as intended it still would take longer than before. A definet step down.

10. Temperature read outs are far from correct ( at least for my my location ). As of right now it says it is -5573 Celcius outside! Not a joke.

Please. I want my old version back and available for download. Not just for me but for everyone. We all deserve an option to test this release or not. Because this is not yet a "ready for sale" app.

I know I'm not the only one thinking this.

Regards
    Dennis
    Blackberry app world still has the old version. I am also going back to the old version

BlackBerry App World - BeWeather
    Last edited by aming63; 12-03-09 at 08:05 AM.
    12-03-09 06:09 AM
    Blackberry app world still has the old version. I am also going back to the old version

BlackBerry App World - BeWeather
    yeah but then id have to pay the money again.
    i dont have my old activation code.
    12-03-09 02:25 PM
    yeah but then id have to pay the money again.
    i dont have my old activation code.
    aha! its all good now. I just resent my origional invoice for BW to my email and went here for the older version.

BTW Bellshare customer support litterally called this post funny. no cares to help out. they just laughed in the bellshare forums... im not the only one with these issues. so rude.

dennis
    12-03-09 02:48 PM
    I just posted a question about the new BW in another thread. It was during that time that I discovered that I had inadvertently downloaded the 4.7 OS version of BW, even though I had changed my profile to show that I now have a Storm 2 (I simply assumed (that will get you in trouble) that this would also properly reflect I am no longer on OS 4.7.

Anyway, since I purchased the upgrade from the CB App store, it was a simple matter of downloading the 5.0 OS version. After first uninistalling the older version on my Storm, I installed the new version and now, everything is fine. I'm wondering if some of the problems reflected here are related to a similar circumstance?

As for the -5500 C temp, hey, it doesn't get that cold in Canada? LOL.
    12-03-09 02:53 PM
    I've read several complaints about the new weather service that BW employs. For those not familiar with the weather underground, it is a highly regarded, very professional group of individuals who's service is relied upon by many government and commercial users, worldwide. To learn more about them, here is a link:

The First Internet Weather Service : Weather Underground
    12-03-09 03:00 PM
    Energyplus.
    Yes it seems a lot of these issues were caused by being given the wrong version from the CB appstore client. They sent me a link to the proper 5.0 D/L. Still though there are a couple issues I have.

My current location is showing. a current temperature of -5573 degrees celcius. Lol.

My GPS location isn't shown. It says I am were the weather info is received ( 30 miles away ) it used to show my actual location even if the info was received elsewhere.

Radar maps have become more of a bother. Before it was a one click to view setup. Now we have to click through a new menu to get to the radar map.

There are other small things but these are the only big issues worthy of mentioning for now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-03-09 04:52 PM
    Give it more time, I had troubles when I first installed it yesterday, but it seems as if there was a possible combined BIS and BerryWeather server issue (understandable, just switching everyone over to the new data source), but things seem to be updating now pretty smoothly.
    12-03-09 04:53 PM
    I just posted a question about the new BW in another thread. It was during that time that I discovered that I had inadvertently downloaded the 4.7 OS version of BW, even though I had changed my profile to show that I now have a Storm 2 (I simply assumed (that will get you in trouble) that this would also properly reflect I am no longer on OS 4.7.

Anyway, since I purchased the upgrade from the CB App store, it was a simple matter of downloading the 5.0 OS version. After first uninistalling the older version on my Storm, I installed the new version and now, everything is fine. I'm wondering if some of the problems reflected here are related to a similar circumstance?

As for the -5500 C temp, hey, it doesn't get that cold in Canada? LOL.
    Your -5500 C makes Pluto look like Florida with an amazing high of -238�C.

I really didn't feel like paying for an upgrade after I just purchased this app a few months ago..NOT too much different from 1.5.
    12-03-09 05:20 PM
    I tried the new version but I really don't care for the format and how different forecasts are presented. I am going back to the old version.
    12-03-09 10:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD