Please keep in mind that this is my personal opinion on the following three weather applications. All loaded on my Verizon Curve 8330.

WeatherBug Direct

Pros: Can click on "more" links for greater detail; app screen icon displays current temp; available links for radar, maps, weather camera, etc.
    Cons: Browser based; slow; minimal preference settings; app screen icon does not represent current conditions.

BBWeather

Pros: Detailed information for current, forecast and hourly information; lots of preference setting options; app screen icon displays current temp and condition and is customizable; quick to load and easy to use.
    Cons: Does not have as great as detail as WeatherBug; scrolling down in Forecast and Hourly screens can be a little clunky.

WeatherEye

Pros: Prettiest user interface; slick to look at and use; app screen icon displays current conditions.
    Cons: Has the least amount of weather detail; not as many preference settings; app screen displays temp only in text, not on icon.

Conclusion:

Amount of weather detail - Winner WeatherBug, 2nd BBWeather, 3rd WeatherEye
    User interface - Winner WeatherEye, 2nd BBWeather, 3rd WeatherBug
    Customization settings - Winner BBWeather, 2nd WeatherEye, 3rd Weatherbug

Of the three programs I've tried, none are a clear winner. Each one has strengths and weaknesses, and to choose only one program is to make a compromise. That said, I think the compromise I would make for myself is to keep BBWeather. Of course, I could just leave all three loaded on my BlackBerry, and who's to say I won't.

But overall, BBWeather is the best mix of slick looks and useful data.
    03-27-09 09:50 AM
    i agree with you, i have tried all three also. i always come back to bbweather. its simple, fast and useful.
    03-27-09 10:00 AM
    i used weathereye for a long time , ................until i found bbweather
    03-27-09 10:03 AM
    I've only used weather eye and weather bug maybe I should try bb weather. Good post very informative
    03-27-09 10:05 AM
    WeatherEye

Pros: Prettiest user interface; slick to look at and use; app screen icon displays current conditions.
    Cons: Has the least amount of weather detail; not as many preference settings; app screen displays temp only in text, not on icon.
    actually, weathereye does give you the temp if you scroll onto the icon.
    03-27-09 10:19 AM
    Weather eye for me for sure.
    03-27-09 10:25 AM
    Keep your eyes peeled. There is a new weather app coming soon. Better than all of these.
    03-27-09 01:35 PM
    Of the three programs I've tried, none are a clear winner.
    gee, I wonder if that's because they're all free? you get what you pay for, don't expect a whole lot of wonderful for free.
    03-27-09 11:02 PM
    I pretty much agree with what ya wrote PH. I have tried them all and I would have to say weathereye is my favorite - lately its been a little buggy but for the most part it does the job and it is the prettiest. BBWeather would be my runner up.

Free is good so I can deal with any minor bugs......
    03-28-09 04:24 AM
    I like weatherbug with the extensions installed thru the portal (6 total icons on the BB):
    UV index, pollen count, pollution level, current temp (which can be updated as much as every 10min in the settings), WBD forecast (hi/lo when you hover over it), and the WBD settings icon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-28-09 02:25 PM
    hey do any of you kids know if bbweather requires bbmaps? kinda deleted that accidentally.
    03-28-09 02:26 PM
    No Accuweather BlackBerry push?
    03-28-09 04:35 PM
    BBWeather wins in my book... the only thing I believe that could make it better would be to have it work with GPS... and last time I checked WeatherBug was not built for OS 4.6.
    03-28-09 05:06 PM
    I used WeatherEye with my 8320 and loved it. Didn't like Weather Bug so much because it kept freezing on me.
    But I came across the new version of BBWeather and I love it. I may go back to WeatherEye when they update some more, but its not likely.
    Plus BBWeather seems to be more accurate as far as with zip codes and stuff.

Nice post! I agree with a lot of it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-29-09 01:56 AM
    I have tried several (Weather Eye, Weather Bug and BB Weather). BB Weather wins, hands down for me. It is accurate and I love the icon on the screen. I also enjoy how customizable it is!
    04-06-09 12:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD