If nobody does this, it doesn't matter. I would just like to share what I'm doing to maximize my BlackBerry's potential If you would like to add to the list, I would appreciate responses!

*Keep in mind that I have a Torch 9800 on OS 6.0.0.600 so not everything applies to your device*

Favorite Apps (that meet my usability/performance/visuals expectations):

- Advanced RAM Optimizer
    (Perhaps it does nothing. But recycling every hour seems to really help with graphics such as scrolling and switching panels)
    - AT&T Navigator
    (I wish there was an alternative, but it still works great)
    - BlackBerry App World 3.0
    (Simply way better than the old App World. Also gives you an easier way to restart your BB without pulling the battery every time)
    - BlackBerry Feedback Tool
    (Good way to vent out what needs improvement whether they read it or not..)
    - BlackBerry Podcasts
    (I love this app. I do not use iTunes or anything to listen to shows now)
    - BlackBerry Protect
    (I actually used this once to find my phone was at a friend's house, and twice to restore contacts etc.)
    - Battery Booster Pro
    (Does not boost at all, but it graphs your battery level throughout the day which is very helpful for testing OS's and Apps that consume battery)
    - BerryBuzz
    (An amazing app with a few bugs that annoy me)
    - BluffMyCall
    (It's really funny to call a friends and have them think that their girlfriend or mom is calling!)
    - CrackBerry (Search entries)
    (ShaoSoft is awesome. This allows me to search the CB forums and blogs from the universal search)
    - Documents to Go Premium
    (I have punched out whole essays at school with Word to Go, and the additional PDF app is great for reading PDF's from emails and school)
    - DriveSafely
    (The premium service costs money.. but I decided to try a year and I love it. Stopped using the voice-response feature, but it feels pretty cool getting texts read to you in the car or while running, etc.)
    - DropBox
    (Sometimes I'm frustrated by the inability to upload or download certain content, but the ability to listen to songs that aren't stored on my device and edit documents that I have on my Comp is great)
    - Endomondo Sports Tracker
    (Great app for running. The website even shows maps of where you run and your improvement. And its free!)
    - Facebook 2.0
    (Visually it has improved, chat is great too! No groups and pages or comment-likes is stupid. And the drop-down menu looks gross when is comes down all choppy..)
    - Foursquare
    (One of my mos used. I love earning badges and beating friends!)
    - GetGlue
    (I have only earned 11/20 stickers to get a free shipment to my house.. but it's also a great app for sharing what movie/book/song/idea you are doing to facebook and twitter)
    - Google Maps
    (Could be better, but extremely useful.)
    - Google Sync
    (Sometimes creates duplicate events, but the synchronization of contacts between my phone and Google Mail & Voice is awesome)
    - Google Voice
    (Dire need of an update! But the features are okay for a Voice user like me)
    - iSpeech Translator
    (Needs the ability just to translate and not speak at times. I like to hear how to speak in the right way though)
    - Starbucks Mobile Card
    (This not only helps you get rewards with Starbucks, but also lets you pay with a barcode on your phone. And it tells you how much money you have left on your card!)
    - myTasks
    (I needed better organization of my tasks into projects. This is not a perfect app but is free and gets the job done)
    - Opera Mini
    (The BB 6.0 browser is great, but I like how my bookmarks sync with my Opera Browser on my PC. And the Opera Mini browser get's past my school's content block So now I can look at any site with no restriction. Downside: no pinch-to-zoom)
    - Pandora
    (Awesome. UI is ****. But still great.)
    - PhotoEditor
    (Still in beta but the best editor app yet)
    - Poynt
    (Use it daily! Helps me find where stores and restaurants are, compare movies, figure out who called me, etc.)
    - QuickLaunch
    (Should be a part of the BB OS! Amazing for multitasking and getting to things quick!)
    - QuickSlide
    (I tried PatternLock and BerrySlider, but both were not great and burned battery. This app locks my Torch upon closing and only requires a double press of the 'back button' to unlock. Way fast and way useful)
    - Shazam
    (I use it once or twice a month when I hear something on the radio)
    - ShowMeTheImages
    (Got tired of pressing display images on every email...)
    - Slacker Radio
    (When Pandora starts playing the same music, I like the Slacker alternative)
    - SixTools
    (Adds a battery meter, adds clicky sound to my slider-close, and adds 3 more convenience keys. Just awesome)
    - Social Feeds
    (I love RSS news. I would use BlackBerry News Feeds but the UI on this is prettier..)
    - Superstore
    (Best way to see CrackBerry apps and keep an eye on app updates)
    - Tapatalk
    (If I want to see if there are any responses to this post tomorrow, I will use this fantastic forum app)
    - Tiggit Controller for iTunes
    (Works like a charm. Excellent for when I am at a party or having one myself. If I've paired to the Comp's iTunes, I have control anywhere around the house given that there is wi-fi!)
    - TuneIn Radio
    (Never ever use the real radio again)
    - Weather Plus 2.1
    (Nicer looking than BerryWeather IMO and free!)
    - Wireless Music Sync
    (Download any song you have on you Comp through Wi-fi and Desktop manager. Period.)
    - YouTube
    (I wish there was an app, but the BB6 Browser handles the mobile site very well)

Favorite Games (that look okay and are fun):
    - Air Traffic Control
    (Graphics are 3/5 but gameplay is addictive)
    - Angry Farm
    (Graphics are 3/5, Speed is 1/5, but gameplay is addictive)
    - BerryGBC
    (Speed sucks, No sound, but nostalgia is worth it)
    - Bubble Birds 2
    (Graphics are 5/5 and gameplay is great but sometimes slow)
    - Catapult
    (Graphics are 5/5 and gameplay is incomparable)
    - Copter
    (If set on highest speed, it looks fluid and is fun)
    - Fightin' Words
    (Graphics are 4/5, gameplay is really fun for about 4 weeks)
    - Guns 'n' Glory free
    (Graphic are 4/5 and really cool! It's a tower-defense game where you can move the mexicans and banderos around as they are attacking the intruders! So cool)
    - Labyrinth 2 lite
    (Personally I hardly play it, but I do to show friends the BB's capabilities)
    - Paddle Ball 3D
    (Graphics are purposely minimal, and gameplay is very fun in doses where you get bored on commutes)
    - Pandas vs Ninjas
    (Another Angry Birds type spin-off... not comparable but still an addictive game with 3/5 graphics)
    - Pinball Deluxe
    (Graphics are 5/5 and it is very fast. I highly recommend)
    - Vuvuzuela
    (Not a game, but extremely useful when annoying friends)
    - Whippoh
    (Not a game, but extremely useful when annoying friends)
    - Word Defense Free
    (Graphics and gameplay are kind of stupid, but it's addictive if you have a physical keyboard and take pride in being able to type fast!)
    - Wrath
    (Switch the controls to touch or cursor-controlled and you'll love it. Graphic are 3/5 and gameplay is fast and awesome)

Themes that don't annoy me too quickly:
    - NoText
    (What I think the default theme should be! Obviously I know that App is for Facebook, so why do I need the text to clutter up my panels??)
    - iLike
    (I don't recommend since I don't always use it dues to speed and bugginess. But I like to install it when I want to brag that I can make my BB look like an iPhone.)

....As far as my BB Specs go:
    I am using a BB Torch 9800 on OS 6.0.0.600. The build has proved to be very stable and battery life is pretty good. I only have a 4GB memory card which I have moved virtually all of my data to, with only %2 data usage on the built-in memory, making my BB as fast as I can make it. All of these apps work pretty great on my Torch discounting the device's speed limit.. (Also, some may hate me for this, but I un-installed my rarely used BBM for a while to see what would happen and I believe speed increased!)

So that's it! I hope at least one preson found this useful And I would love to learn of at least one more great app from somebody

Any "Thanks" would be very appreciated(:
    08-20-11 04:26 AM
    I believe the best application out there for blackberry phones is Shazam! I meann it is free, and VERY useful! you can tag almost any song and you can play youtube videos on it. Some say it wont work if you have your blackberry unlocked but I dont know.
    08-20-11 05:52 AM
    I agree! It sucks that there is a limit on monthly tags but I rarely need it more than what they provide.

(Sent using Tapatalk)
    08-20-11 12:15 PM
    OS 5.0.0.862
    Poynt
    Classique
    08-20-11 12:35 PM
    I`m currently using OS 6.0.0.570 on my Torch 9800 and I`m really satisfied with it
    My favorite theme so far is Six.X ^^
    One of my favourite apps is BB Travel, it`s really full of features and very useful!
    08-20-11 03:02 PM
    I`m currently using OS 6.0.0.570 on my Torch 9800 and I`m really satisfied with it
    My favorite theme so far is Six.X ^^

I tried .570 before .600 and I liked it too besides battery.

And is it "Six dot X", the one for 99 cents on App World?

(Sent using Tapatalk)
    08-20-11 08:21 PM
    Evernote and Docs2go

I use those apps for school all the time.
    08-21-11 12:50 AM
    I will throw a few out there as well.

Meterberry - Displays battery, memory, and device info. Calculates average battery discharge rate over time. Calculates change in free application memory since the phone was last started, allowing you to detect memory leaks.

BBGPSGolf - Free app to track ball distance, yds to pin, scorecard. A must if you play golf.

Key Ring - Because who wants to carry around 20-30 cards from the stores?? It's free as well.

BerryWeather - best weather app bar none. $10, but you can get it on sale for $5 sometimes. Worth every penny imo.

At Bat 2011 - Best app for up to the minute baseball scores
    08-21-11 05:51 AM
    You wrote very interesting topic and I really enjoyed reading it. I have BB Bold 9780 and my list is:

* FileScout with plugin for DropBox (it allows you to upload/download to any folder on your DropBox account and when integrated with one vb script I found on net you can make posible to print any file from your BB to any of your printers home/office)

* Google maps (I have GPS device for my car, with iGo software so Google maps are just enough for my BB)

* Docs2Go (always needed for work and private use)

* Gtalk (my favourite messenger since the beginning)

* Tapatalk - of course - best forum app for BB

* Berry Weather - it looks it is more precise than my local TV - I use it for almost 3 years now

* ActionPad - substitution for MemoPad with some options I love, like password protecting one or more memos (NOTE: you must keep memopad, do not delet it)

* Lister - free app for making all kind of lists
    And many, many more! :-)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    tyler_zyco likes this.
    08-21-11 05:59 AM
    - myTasks
    (I needed better organization of my tasks into projects. This is not a perfect app but is free and gets the job done)
    i used this before and its good and free but for better accurate task manager for projects or for your daily life.. i recommend SlickTasks. IMHO, this app really worth it and very useful especially my daily work projects and of course my daily life. it made my life more productive.
    tyler_zyco likes this.
    08-21-11 06:03 AM
    Apps I use a lot

- UberSocial
    I tweet a lot and having a power twitter client on my phone is really a must for me. It does exactly what want it to do, no fussing, just does it.

- Facebook
    Likewise with Twitter I am also a heavy Facebook user. I have to say even with Facebook 2.0 I'm still left dissappointed though with the BB Facebook app. It doesn't offer pages support (as admin) nor does it offer the new groups. RIM missed a chance here, not only did they fail to exceed the iPhone and Android Facebook apps with their "massive re-development" to Facebook 2 they also failed to even catch them

- Foursquare
    This app has become even more useful and fun now it links with BBM

- BBM
    Fantastic app, nothing else really needs to be said.

- Endomondo FREE
    Small light weight sports tracker app that links back to their website so you can keep track of your exercise. Walking, running, jogging etc

- Documents To Go
    No great for formatting documents but a handy app to have on the phone to edit and if necessary create documents. Also good for PDF reading too

- Blackberry Protect
    thankfully never had to use it yet other than to backup but great to have peace of mind

- Tiny Meter
    Keeps track of battery life and memory usage

- Leave It On
    Got the beta version on my phone for testing and this is an amazing app. Something I feel RIM should have coded into the OS by default

- KeePass for Blackberry v2
    Keeps track of all my passwords for websites/email accounts etc

- BeWeather
    I just have the free version and it does everything I need it to

- ECB Cricket
    Long overdue and for me a must have app

In addition I also use the built in media apps a lot.

The only theme I have on my phone (other than the stock theme)

- OS7ish
    Fantastic FREE theme. Has all the functionality of the stock OS 6 them but with beautifully created OS7 icons

[B][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Blue"]- DropBox
    (Sometimes I'm frustrated by the inability to upload or download certain content, but the ability to listen to songs that aren't stored on my device and edit documents that I have on my Comp is great)
    If you are a dropbox user you'll have noticed the Blackberry Dropbox app is pretty poor but I've found that Filescout and the Dropbox plug in are great. You can upload and download any file from/to your Dropbox using the app and it's also a great filemanager as well.
    08-21-11 06:23 AM
    If you are a dropbox user you'll have noticed the Blackberry Dropbox app is pretty poor but I've found that Filescout and the Dropbox plug in are great. You can upload and download any file from/to your Dropbox using the app and it's also a great filemanager as well.
    Wow! You guys are right, File Scout really does the trick. It has the functionality that I have been hoping for out of DropBox for a whole year

Also, Tiny Meter has the one tool that had me considering buying MeterBerry: memory leak monitoring. That paired with Bettery Saver Pro, and you have an excellent set of tools for comparing OS's

I have tried OS7ish, but the icons are not crisp enough for my taste. The whole point of the 0S7 icons is that they are pretty.

@ indie_user: I would like to try a new Task app, but I'm still not willing to fork up 14 bucks for one :/
    08-21-11 01:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD